Page 39 of 59 FirstFirst ... 29343536373839404142434449 ... LastLast
    Whether or not the issue is the Pre's CDMA radio or lousy Sprint coverage, the Pre has coverage issues with Sprint. My hope is the GSM version that AT&t will get won't have this problem.

The other issue is that EAS still doesn't work right for me. Everything syncs except for calendar.
    People, I LOVE Palm just as much as the next man but stop making excuses as to why you can live with a defective phone. If your phone starts having play in the slider and you can twist that ***** like an OREO, TAKE IT BACK!!! If there is a crack in the screen, TAKE IT BACK!!! If you notice that something is not correct.... TAKE IT BACK! We have to start taking these things back so that palm will get their build quality up. The Pre's are still selling and the Palm stock prices keep rising so there is no need to have to deal with faulty equipment. This will give you a better user experience over the life of the phone other than saying, "Well I had a Pre, but the slider was broken so I had to be overly cautious for the 2 years I had it, now I got the (insert phone here) and its great!"

Palm has no idea how many people really have problems with the hardware unless you tell them and show them by taking them back. My wife and I are both on Pre # 2 and will KEEP TAKING THEM BACK when stuff goes wrong! Her first Pre had slider gap and too much play. My first one had separation of epoxy on the corners of the screen. The new Pre's we got seemed like they are better quality and seem to run programs a little faster and less lag than the first batch we had. Not sure if its just me or the build quality is better. I think that I may have to take hers back because her Ambient light sensor isnt working but mine is. I am gonna take it to the Sprint store but if its broken, guess what.... GIMME A NEW ONE! I refuse to pay the same price for this phone that people are paying for the iphone and having to baby this phone like a newborn and accept poor *** quality.... They market themselves to take on the iPhone and damnit imma hold them up to those standards that were set by the iPhone.
    I went to a store yesterday to see if I could exchange based on light leakage at the bottom of the screen. I tried to show it to the guy but you could barely see it. I told him it is a lot more visible when it gets really hot, and that it does get very hot. The Sprint dude said he had not heard of either issue but if I could duplicate and show him I could exchange.

Of course, in the store, I couldn't get my phone to heat up (probably because signal was full bars), went to my car and turned on sprint tv and pandora and browsed the web, and it still wouldn't heat up.

So unless someone knows how to make their phones heat up quickly so I can show Spring, I will just live with the light leakage.
    I'm sure that people with defective phones DO take them to exchange for the most part.

@Beanis In the first 30 days, you got the power. If Sprint dude doesn't want to exchange then return for refund.
    I agree people shouldn't live with a defective phone except if the alternative is worse.
    lol..here we go again.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    I have a bubble, but its not noticeable enough right now for me to go through the syncing/updating process again. now if another problem crops up....
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by realistdreamer View Post
    I agree people shouldn't live with a defective phone except if the alternative is worse.
    hahaha
    lol... Yeah I think I got a bad batch for the first ones we bought. Also with it being the first ones it should be better after a while
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    I went to a store yesterday to see if I could exchange based on light leakage at the bottom of the screen. I tried to show it to the guy but you could barely see it. I told him it is a lot more visible when it gets really hot, and that it does get very hot. The Sprint dude said he had not heard of either issue but if I could duplicate and show him I could exchange.

Of course, in the store, I couldn't get my phone to heat up (probably because signal was full bars), went to my car and turned on sprint tv and pandora and browsed the web, and it still wouldn't heat up.

So unless someone knows how to make their phones heat up quickly so I can show Spring, I will just live with the light leakage.
    Yeah I had the light leakage before the updates and now since the updates the phones dont really get hot so there is no more light leakage or discoloration
    what does the Ambient light sensor do? My blackberry screen would auto dim. but my pre does not. i thought that's what this did.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    actually, i've exchanged the pre twice. and it's been less than 30 days since i activated the first one.

can i still return everything and cancel my contract without any termination fees?
    no you first have to cross the bridge of doom, then answer the questions and then slay the dragon....
    I am starting to think i am the only person in the world with a perfect pre lol
  15. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    My phone is full of thousands of small poisonous spiders. Sometimes they spew from my phone hundreds at a time. Should I take mine back?
    Quote Originally Posted by excpre View Post
    actually, i've exchanged the pre twice. and it's been less than 30 days since i activated the first one.

can i still return everything and cancel my contract without any termination fees?
    Yeeup. As long as your within your 30-day return period, you can return your phone and all you'll get charged is the prorated amount for the service you used, excluding activation fees.
    Um, AND the $35.00 "restocking" fee.
    my pre was perfect until about a week or two ago when recently, the device began to turn off on its own. it doesn't happen too often maybe five or six times total with the most recent being this morning. this is with out opening or closing the slider. everything else on the phone is perfect with the exception of one dead pixel. i wouldn't mind exchanging it but i would HATE to get a pre with more problems than the one i already have.
    Quote Originally Posted by leftyman View Post
    lol..here we go again.
    Right LOL almost always turns to a basing thread LOL
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    My phone is full of thousands of small poisonous spiders. Sometimes they spew from my phone hundreds at a time. Should I take mine back?
    "Spew"? How strong is the stream? If its in the fire hose range, I could see a few uses for that....