Page 33 of 59 FirstFirst ... 23282930313233343536373843 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by scribe4food View Post
    Not taking my Pre back, but damn it if I don't have hair pulling moments. I'm coming from the I-phone 3G, but prior to that I was a Treo man. Regardless of the multi-task function (which is nice), its the lagging that's pissing me off. Never had I had to reset my phone so many times, as I have the Pre. Its slow, it lags, it freezes up on whim, and unreliable in certain regards... namely the phone function. There has been times when I needed to pull up the dial screen to call someone ASAP, only to stand planted to the cement waiting 2 seconds for the phone app. to pull up. That is frustating. And the battery? WTF?!?!?!?

But I'm going to stick it out, sticking it out strictly off the potential than the actual fucntionality of the phone. I do find myself at times wondering, what were these guys thinking when deciding to release this BETA phone....
    Do you typically have a lot of cards open? The reason I ask is I have never had to reset my phone - but I do it every day or two anyway. I have had some choppiness in flipping between apps and the phone app can be a little slow, but it seems to open faster with 1.03 than it did before. However, I don't keep things open. I guess 2 seconds can be a lifetime for some - but I had a Touch Pro, so it was about as fast to get to the dialer and go...
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    I returned my phone today. It makes me sad, because I love WebOS. I'm hoping for a future device that will have quality hardware to match the quality operating system. For me the Pre's hardware isn't really up to snuff. But I know some people have perfect devices, so maybe it's a luck of the purchase thing.

The hardware problems I had are similar to some of the people here. Started out with just a couple of dead pixels, 3 weeks later ended up with 6-7 dead pixels. The slider became lose and creaky sounding, the keyboard's S button started become unresponsive without a direct forceful push, and the volume rocker seemed so limited in motion, that it felt broken.

Oh well, I'm hoping they release the OS and let as many phone developers get a hold of it and use it. I'd love to see HTC or someone make a WebOS device.
    well all my pre-heads, it saddens me to have to tell you that i am leaving sprint tomorrow after only two weeks, heres my story.....
    As of tuesday of last week my Pre died, i called sprint CS and they came to the conclusion after an hour of troubleshooting and contacting palm themselves that i needed to go get it swapped out, and i was fine with that. After all this is a new device so it didnt surprise me that it had some bugs in it. So, the next day i called my local sprint store 30 minutes before i went up there to be sure they had some pres in stock, they assured me they did, and much to my surprise, they conveniently were sold out when i got there, mind you this is on a Wednesday at around 2 oclock. thats strick 1, the second strick would involve me calling sprint that night and having them call that same sprint store and putting one on hold for me, a supervisor promised she would the next morning, so i waited and they were supposed to contact my other line attached to my plan and let me know when my phone was recieved, and what do you know..... I STILL DONT HAVE A DAMN PHONE!!!! so in the in here i have given up on sprint and can now see what all the complaining and grunting is about in regards to them, dont get me wrong i ABSOLUTELY loved my pre and hate to have to give it up but sprint has forced me into such a position..

so moving on, i have to settle with the next best thing, something that i never saw myself getting..EVER, yes you probably guessed it, the new iphone 3gs, after playing with the device in the att store i had settled on it and should recieve it tomrrow. now hoopefullyi wont have problems if my new iphone breaks like with my pre but well see.

maybe when the gsm version comes out ill but it and swap it out, but until then, getting a pre will just have to wait
    maybe they didn't understand what the issue was since you can't spell and probably don't know how to communicate properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwas View Post
    maybe they didn't understand what the issue was since you can't spell and probably don't know how to communicate properly.
    Well, that was just mean. HILARIOUS, but mean.
    i think you "strick" the nail on the head.

j/k

If you ask me, i honestly think you did not give it enough of a chance. I have had issues such as 800 dollar bills from them not adding stuff right, to where even now i cannot see my bill online. Nothing is perfect. But they did fix my bill, and i get my bill by mail now and i have gotten a nice discount for the last few years.

But if the iphone fits your needs better than so be it. i will agree that the limited production of this unit is leaving a sour taste in a lot of people's mouths. Kinda like when the PS3 came out. But in the end you did what you saw necessary.

Enjoy
    I "lol'd"...
    Can't believe I missed this. Sitting in line for transformers and people looked at me cause I was laughing so much.
    I thought it was 3 "Stricks" and your out. LMAO At least your I-phone will have spell check.
    Last edited by j2hott23; 06/25/2009 at 03:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by CDRacingZX6R View Post
    I returned my phone today. It makes me sad, because I love WebOS. I'm hoping for a future device that will have quality hardware to match the quality operating system. For me the Pre's hardware isn't really up to snuff. But I know some people have perfect devices, so maybe it's a luck of the purchase thing.

The hardware problems I had are similar to some of the people here. Started out with just a couple of dead pixels, 3 weeks later ended up with 6-7 dead pixels. The slider became lose and creaky sounding, the keyboard's S button started become unresponsive without a direct forceful push, and the volume rocker seemed so limited in motion, that it felt broken.

Oh well, I'm hoping they release the OS and let as many phone developers get a hold of it and use it. I'd love to see HTC or someone make a WebOS device.
    Ditto. I love WebOS as a concept, but was not a fan of the Pre hardware itself. Once Palm complete the features more, and has other hardware designs I am definitely going to re-look at WebOS based devices!

I can't wait until it becomes WebOS as the focus, instead of the Pre as its WebOs that's a big deal and represents the change in Palm, not so much the Pre itself.
    Well everybody, I decided to take my Pre back to Best Buy yesterday as I just couldn't see it replacing my Blackberry 8330. There were numerous things that the Pre did well and I am sad that they didn't outweigh the problems I had. Surprisingly enough, I never really had many issues with Sprint's service although I did drop a few calls. My reception was decent although not as good s Verizon's it was definitely acceptable for me. My main reasons with returning the Pre were hardware related.....1) The battery life on the Pre is terrible!! It doesn't matter how many functions I toggle off whether it be bluetooth, wifi, and/or GPS, the battery just underperformed. I barely ever talked on the phone during the day and I still couldn't make it through 8 hours without having to charge the phone. I guess I have just been spoiled by the Blackberry becuase I have NEVER turned off GPS to save battery life and that thing lasts all day with no issues. While the battery life was not a deciding factor because the battery was user replaceable, it was definitely something I took into consideration. 2) The build quality of the phone was just not up to snuff. It's kind of funny that I came to this conclusion because when the BoyGenius report came away with similar thoughts I said "they are just hating." But honestly, the Pre seemed to be inferior in terms of build quality to my previous smart phones. There was more and more play in the slider on a daily basis and that just did not sit well with me. Plus the screen had dead pixels in it when I got the phone as well as the splotchiness at the bottom. And the paint was already chipping off on the bottom part of the keyboard. 3) Software had some bugs...now I'm sure that many of the software issues could be addressed in updates but I wasn't trying to wait around and see because that would leave me locked into a Sprint contract with the Pre. 4) App Store was underwhelming and was not receiving constant additions like it needed to. Now I am well aware that when the iPhone launched in 2007 that there were no apps and that when they launched the App Store in 2008 there weren't anywhere near 30,000 or even 3,000 apps for that matter. But for me personally, I realize that what was acceptable in 2007 is not the same as what is acceptable in 2009. In order for Pre/WebOS to truly thrive, they need to release apps much faster and would have been much better off releasing SDK at least at the same time as the Pre.

I hope that Palm improves upon the Pre with subsequent versions because I think that WebOS is the best platform on a mobile device but the hardware needs some refinement to be competitive.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR_Rider View Post
    And the paint was already chipping off on the bottom part of the keyboard.
    ummm...what? Mine doesn't have paint. I call BS on your post.
    Quote Originally Posted by ION-q View Post
    ummm...what? Mine doesn't have paint. I call BS on your post.
    I think he means the bottom lip of the keyboard part of the slider I think its scuffs, not paint chipping but mine has it too..
    Though i returned for hardware and reception reasons, i'm with ya on the lack of apps. Yes i know there's no sdk. But as evidenced by the legendary stories of how Pandora wrote an app in 10 seconds, i'm still surprised that Palm didn't team up with some other big names to pump out some of the more popular ones at first.

Lacking a way to buy video from amazon is also puzzling given that video looks pretty darn good on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Though i returned for hardware and reception reasons, i'm with ya on the lack of apps. Yes i know there's no sdk. But as evidenced by the legendary stories of how Pandora wrote an app in 10 seconds, i'm still surprised that Palm didn't team up with some other big names to pump out some of the more popular ones at first.

Lacking a way to buy video from amazon is also puzzling given that video looks pretty darn good on it.
    Cardfan, I am very surprised to hear you gave up on the Pre. You were at one time one of its biggest supporters. I am keeping mine but I have to admit, its been relegated to 3rd place behind my iPhone and Blackberry. Its just to slow at doing things for my needs and I hate the keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Cardfan, I am very surprised to hear you gave up on the Pre. You were at one time one of its biggest supporters. I am keeping mine but I have to admit, its been relegated to 3rd place behind my iPhone and Blackberry. Its just to slow at doing things for my needs and I hate the keyboard.
    Well, it appears the initial rush from getting a new toy has worn off for many forum members, and sanity has once again returned. It's no surprise to me that so many members have elected to return their Pre's within the 30 day period. I suspect over the next 11 days, even more will flock back to their local Sprint store with Pre's in hand. The Pre didn't live up to the pre-release hype.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Thinking about returning my phone also. I noticed today two burn like marks at both sides at the bottom of the screen. You can tell when you load a blank web page. I'm concern that my 30 days will pass and then I will begin to get all the defects the majority of the users are experiencing. I love the phone but not enough to let my 30 days expire and lose my money like that.
    How is the sprint return policy? Do I get my old plan back?

Thanks for any advise.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    Well, it appears the initial rush from getting a new toy has worn off for many forum members, and sanity has once again returned. It's no surprise to me that so many members have elected to return their Pre's within the 30 day period. I suspect over the next 11 days, even more will flock back to their local Sprint store with Pre's in hand. The Pre didn't live up to the pre-release hype.
    Sure, the Pre didn't work out for some folks. That's to be expected. However, I think the Pre not only lived up to the hype, at least the hype that Palm and Sprint created, but it exceed it in my opinion. No device, though, can ever live up to the pre-launch speculation.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by j2hott23 View Post
    I thought it was 3 Stricks and your out. LMAO At least your I-phone will have spell check.
    Stricks or Strikes, but whos counting? LMAO
    Global Posts
    408 Global Posts
    I returned mine last week. Was kinda funny. I had 2 dead pixels, I hate dead pixels but I was like its a new device it's gonna have problems. then I really noticed the burn looking marks, then got another dead pixel, then noticed the slider was wobbly. All of this I was still thinking about keeping it because the OS is the best mobile OS I've seen and the only one I haven't used is Andriod. What got me was that gmail wouldn't sync 2 different accounts. I seen other people have the same problems so I knew it wasn't just me. Once I took it back and starting using my Curve everyday, 2 things I noticed.

1. I still had battery life after letting it sit for 2 weeks, unbelievable, 40% but still some
    2. Everything just worked

I still want a webOS device and hoping they release one Q1 2010 or someone here in about 2 - 3 month rave about the build quality of the Pre has been fixed with all new shipments. I have my 2 year upgrade waiting, or my just get the Tour and be stuck on blackberry OS for another year.