Page 31 of 59 FirstFirst ... 21262728293031323334353641 ... LastLast
    I declare the opposite, now using the Pre i def can't go back to my Centro or any other phone for that matter. This thing is way to easy to use and way to convient with all the features and frankly i'm obsessed with it ...
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DoeChop View Post
    I got the Pre the day it came out and was very excited. But just a few short weeks later I realized that the phone wasn't all its touted to be.

My main issues with the phone:

Size- it was too small. Caused my hands to cramp.

Hardware- I felt like I was on the verge of breaking the sliding mechanism (the keyboard was also atrocious)

Software- The software was actually not that bad, just more sluggish than I had patience for.

From here on out I think I will be sticking with blackberries. After 6 months of waiting for the Pre I guess I'll just be waiting another couple months for the Blackberry Tour to come out on Sprint.

Anyone else's Pre experience over?
    there is already a thread for this dude!!!

well it is unfortunate for you man but i will be keeping my pre!! webOS is amazing and I got very used to the keyboard and I am coming from a blackberry bold which has a very big keyboard!

sorry but until RIM does something with their boring OS I shall remain a Pre user... all blackberrys that have come out in the last year and a half have all done the same crap just different megapixel cameras and a touch screen that was well s***t!! their push email I do miss though! but thats all I miss
    kthxbye.
    Not to pile on, but OP, I agree. The Pre isn't all that, IMO. My BB Bold fits my needs 110%. YMMV. I have no regrets.
    I'm a long time Palm fan from long before they made phones, then I had a Treo 600, 650, and 700P. I anxiously awaited the new Pre because I wanted a touchscreen phone wiht a keyboard. But I wanted to be able to use it for business. My company likes us to use Blackberries, but I am not a BB guy.

So far I really like my Pre, I got it on 6/06 (waited in line) but I feel it was worth it. It is a little slow moving and it does some funky things from a functionality standpoint. So for me the verdict may still be out, but I am not going to give up. I just loaded the new software update and hope that it will clear up some of the battery usage issues, and sluggish moves once you select an application.

I would really like to be able to download the "Pre tips PDF file" but for some reason I am not able to do so. Can anyone help me out with this ? I am not trying to download this to my PRE, I actually prefer to download it to my computer.

Thanks for your help!
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Nothing that is wrong with pre cant be fixed by the upcoming updates or the SDK bad choice to bail on pre.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    After having a BB Storm (4 of them, actually...that phone is AWFUL!!!!), Curve, Pearl, and an iPhone, I think I've run the gamut on smartphones in a sense. I have always strayed away from WinMo devices because I have seen what craziness they are capable of, so IMHO, I think that the Pre delivers an absolutely astounding user experience. I loved the iPhone and don't get me wrong, the iPhone isn't a bad device. However, the Pre is delivering items that took Apple 2 years to accomplish (MMS for one...how many old folks have clunky dumbphones that can MMS? Really? Lol) and there is only one way to go from here: Up. I am really impressed with what Palm has done here, and I definitely feel like the Pre is a superior phone. Sure, no phone is perfect for everyone, but the Pre really delivers on both the business and leisure end of the spectrum. I feel like I can do everything I want with this phone, whereas BBs make me feel like I'm paper pushing business and the time and the iPhone was more of a toy than a constructive task manager. The Pre gets both done.

I'm riding this out and looking forward to what can be done. Patience is key...but I think all of us Pre users are going to be rewarded for that in the upcoming months with more OTAs!
    No, my blackberry experience is over though. BB is a pure messaging machine and it does it best of any smartphone, it falls short everywhere else. things have become increasingly frustrating on a blackberry as things have moved from revolving around messaging to revolving around websites and content- let's face it web browsing sucks even on the newest BB O/S phones, Storm, Curve 8900, etc.

I've also tried hard for 6 months to adopt my IPhone 3G as my "daily driver" phone, but too many drawbacks -- bulky, poor battery (sure Pre isn't much better - but the drawbacks add up), too one-dimensional (no multitasking), so it's usually somewhere in a corner with a dead battery. Being unhappy with its basic functionality, then whether the app store has 100 apps or 100,000 is meaningless to me.

I'm fortunate to test drive almost every smartphone (blackberry/iphone/winmo/whatever) that comes to market, and my Pre is staying- its not perfect in every way, but it does the most different things better than any other phone i've used. Maybe i won't think the same in a month, but I usually have a sense of what's a keeper.

If they poured the best of blackberry (messaging) into WebOS, and into the Pre chassis, and made the Pre's centerbutton a trackball, I'd be all over it.
    Last edited by odditory; 06/19/2009 at 10:40 PM.
    Submit your Pre feature requests and vote up the best at http://pre.uservoice.com
    I am returning my Pre to Best Buy tomorrow. I have already ported my number over to AT&T and have my 32gb iPhone. I REALLY wanted to keep the Pre but it just didn't work out. The hardware and software issues I can't live with prevented me from staying with Sprint and the Pre. I will miss the cheap plan but it's the price I will pay for an older more mature platform. I will be keeping my eye on WebOS and hope it matures in the next year. I will be back to WebOS but not right now. I have had great Sprint coverage here and AT&T is just as good with both data networks above average speeds.

My issues:
    1.) Battery I tried everything to optimize without compromising my essential push work email
    2.)Screen issues with discoloration and very prominent white spot in the bottom left. More issues on the bottom right and slight one on the top.
    3.)Too many bugs/incomplete basic apps -Alarm issues and not waking me up is the main one.
    4.)Volume button broke and I never really used it. It would get stuck an keep the volume notification on screen preventing me from going to card view or do any gestures. Reboot would not fix it.

I will be back when WebOS gets it's TLC it really needs.
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    I got the Pre the day it came out and was very excited. But just a few short weeks later I realized that the phone wasn't all its touted to be.

My main issues with the phone:

Size- it was too small. Caused my hands to cramp.

Hardware- I felt like I was on the verge of breaking the sliding mechanism (the keyboard was also atrocious)

Software- The software was actually not that bad, just more sluggish than I had patience for.

From here on out I think I will be sticking with blackberries. After 6 months of waiting for the Pre I guess I'll just be waiting another couple months for the Blackberry Tour to come out on Sprint.

I work for a software company and I've been testing out the tour/niagra/9630 for the past month. It's a very slick device. The keyboard is very nice too - like a mini version of the Bold's, which is the best keyboard I've ever used on a phone. I get to play with all of the new devices, but after using webOS, I can never go back. For casual use there's nothing better right now. If I was more dependent on email I'd probably stick with the tour or bold though.
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
    There's a lot of potential for webOS and the Pre. Most people that say they're returning it have a few positive things to say outside of the dealbreakers. Definitely seems like webOS should come into its own at some point. Just hope it's sooner than later.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    I was told today when I picked mine up that I could tether to a lap top? is that possible-I was able to on my BB with Sprint soft ware- And also the sales man said I could take video-I doubted that and he was not to well informed- is there any signs that video will be coming in a release?
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I'm worried that a planet-busting meteor will hit the Earth and render my Pre useless. I've read those horror stories as well.
    LMAO now that is funny

I too realized the pre is not for me. I will keep it until the TP2 comes out
    and give the pre to my daughter. I just hope the TP2 will not be a disappointment. Winmo phones take alot of tweaking but if done properly is a pretty good os.

but i will come back if palm puts this os on better hardware and has better functionality and apps!
    because it's not as good as my blackberry
    Quote Originally Posted by odditory View Post

I'm fortunate to test drive almost every smartphone (blackberry/iphone/winmo/whatever) that comes to market, and my Pre is staying- its not perfect in every way, but it does the most different things better than any other phone i've used. Maybe i won't think the same in a month, but I usually have a sense of what's a keeper.

If they poured the best of blackberry (messaging) into WebOS, and into the Pre chassis, and made the Pre's centerbutton a trackball, I'd be all over it.
    I'm with you. I've tried most everything out there, except the I-phone (most of the old Treos, the Centro, Blackberry Curve, and most recently, the Touch Pro) and the Pre is pretty incredible. IMO, the Blackberries are way overrated. They do push e-mail great, granted, but the SMS blows compared to even the old Treos and Winmo. And with EAS, I've had no problems getting push e-mail on everything I've had.

Honestly, the only thing that Blackberries rock everything else on is battery life. They're amazing as far as that goes, but the OS is closer to the old Palm OS (which any of you old treocentral folks have complained about for years and years) than anything current.

As for the Pre, I am LOVE LOVE LOVING it so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    OK, as long as you use "IMO" I am cool. But "we can all say" is not cool.

Practical: appropriate, sensible, and likely to be effective

It is all 3 of those for ME, but maybe not ALL. Fair enough?

See where I am going here dave? As long as you give your opinions and not try to represent everyone or a non-experienced point of view as a fact, I am prefectly cool - not that it really matters what a Bubba thinks as this is not my personal forum! Have a good weekend.....

What I write on this forum is pretty much "IMO", based on observations of what's going on in the world of Pre. It goes without saying that some think the Pre is the best thing sinced sliced bread, and others are returning theirs. I was disappointed that upon seeing the Pre, it instantly fell out of contention as the next phone for my wife and me. I had hoped that JUST THIS ONCE, pre-release hype wouldn't turn out to be unjustified. Oh well, I got over it.
  17. Cocotazo245
    Just returned mine today. What a POS. Clearly Palm and Sprint were trying to keep up with the IPhone 3GS's release and attempt to gain some AT&T customers by delivering the Pre before the 3GS.

The Pre is not nearly ready. Everybody has issues with the phone.

BTW, I hate the Iphone! Apple is a good company but also makes ****ty products from their computers to everything else.

The only devices I can stand are those made by RIM and their devices are also mediocre at best. They are geared more towards messaging than anything else as someone else mentioned earlier in this posting.

Palm for sure will go bankrupt, I'll make a money bet on that with anybody on this forum. Basically they talked the talk but didn't deliver at the end of the day.

At least RIM, when they deliver a phone, it's ready to be delivered, not all buggy and falling apart from day 1.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nws0291 View Post
    I am returning my Pre to Best Buy tomorrow. I have already ported my number over to AT&T and have my 32gb iPhone. I REALLY wanted to keep the Pre but it just didn't work out. The hardware and software issues I can't live with prevented me from staying with Sprint and the Pre. I will miss the cheap plan but it's the price I will pay for an older more mature platform. I will be keeping my eye on WebOS and hope it matures in the next year. I will be back to WebOS but not right now. I have had great Sprint coverage here and AT&T is just as good with both data networks above average speeds.

My issues:
    1.) Battery I tried everything to optimize without compromising my essential push work email
    2.)Screen issues with discoloration and very prominent white spot in the bottom left. More issues on the bottom right and slight one on the top.
    3.)Too many bugs/incomplete basic apps -Alarm issues and not waking me up is the main one.
    4.)Volume button broke and I never really used it. It would get stuck an keep the volume notification on screen preventing me from going to card view or do any gestures. Reboot would not fix it.

I will be back when WebOS gets it's TLC it really needs.
    You are up for a rude awakening with the iphone 3gs if you think the battery is going to be better at all. The only thing that will save you with the 3gs is if you are using wifi for your e-mail and internet browsing, otherwise, expect 5 hrs or less of usage, period.
    Last edited by timGSU; 06/23/2009 at 08:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocotazo245 View Post
    Just returned mine today. What a POS. Clearly Palm and Sprint were trying to keep up with the IPhone 3GS's release and attempt to gain some AT&T customers by delivering the Pre before the 3GS.

The Pre is not nearly ready. Everybody has issues with the phone.

BTW, I hate the Iphone! Apple is a good company but also makes ****ty products from their computers to everything else.

The only devices I can stand are those made by RIM and their devices are also mediocre at best. They are geared more towards messaging than anything else as someone else mentioned earlier in this posting.

Palm for sure will go bankrupt, I'll make a money bet on that with anybody on this forum. Basically they talked the talk but didn't deliver at the end of the day.

At least RIM, when they deliver a phone, it's ready to be delivered, not all buggy and falling apart from day 1.

Something I noticed, Blackberry users can't adjust to new cell phones. I think its because Blackberries are great DEVICES, but not good smart phones. So they are very very utilitarian, and between getting used to that and the physical keyboard, blackberry folks seem to have the lowest switch rate. Just my $0.02
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendellp View Post

I too realized the pre is not for me. I will keep it until the TP2 comes out
    and give the pre to my daughter. I just hope the TP2 will not be a disappointment. Winmo phones take alot of tweaking but if done properly is a pretty good os.

but i will come back if palm puts this os on better hardware and has better functionality and apps!
    i have changed my mind, after further research of the TP2...less ram and a step down on the cpu from the orig TP!!??? no way....i reviewed other phones but right now and probably the rest of this year, other than the iphone there is nothing that compares to the pre

im here for the ride! come on SDK!!!