Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast
    Returned my pre today. They were going to replace it but I didn't want to even bother waiting for them to order it. I love the phone. But I just couldn't deal with the over heat issue. Certain things felt weird. From the battery door being insane to take off to the phone not holding a charge. I loved the webos I loved the form factor keyboard screen all but didn't want to deal with the headache of a first gen phone like I have dealt with on my current storm. Ill wait a few months watch the pre and see what palm does.their are a lot of defects they need to fix. More than just software wise. Ill wait for verizon to get it hopefully hardware feel better by then. Hope everyone has a good experience. I miss the phone already but can't deal with a phone that won't last me a hour of use.
    Bye Bye!
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." —L. Ron Hubbard
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Good luck down the road.

I love my pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthonybmancini View Post
    Returned my pre today. They were going to replace it but I didn't want to even bother waiting for them to order it. I love the phone. But I just couldn't deal with the over heat issue. Certain things felt weird. From the battery door being insane to take off to the phone not holding a charge. I loved the webos I loved the form factor keyboard screen all but didn't want to deal with the headache of a first gen phone like I have dealt with on my current storm. Ill wait a few months watch the pre and see what palm does.their are a lot of defects they need to fix. More than just software wise. Ill wait for verizon to get it hopefully hardware feel better by then. Hope everyone has a good experience. I miss the phone already but can't deal with a phone that won't last me a hour of use.
    The Keyboard may be a deal breaker for me! Wish the keyboard was as the one on on the Treo Pro. Also most of my phone calls go directly to voice mail. I think tha Palm Sprint are blungling this release as far as my situation is concerned! We have done the full erase 4 or 5 times now. I basically can only make phone calls out
    peace out, dont let the door hit you in the *** on the way out......
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthonybmancini View Post
    I think waiting for a replacement would've been fine. There are plenty of people here getting more than an hour of use.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    Giving up after 1 day? Quitter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Solid_MTB View Post
    No need to be a jerk...the guy is probably right for returning it.
    Ya gonna return mine tomorrow, battery dies so quickly and there are just too many things missing that I have had from all my previous phones. Love the webOS and multi tasking, but I cant justify all the issues it has. Sorry Palm I really wanted to love it
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneAfter909 View Post
    Giving up after 1 day? Quitter.
    no doubt. I must say, Sprint vs. AT&T is a wash, unless the issue I have is fixable via software.

Other than that. just been going over the plusses and minuses vs. my iphone 3G. Too early to tell, but I like what I see so far. Going to need 25 days at least...
    Quote Originally Posted by Solid_MTB View Post

Go away, Troll.
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
    West3man,

In reading all the hype on the phone I just missed that internet syncing was not an option but mandatory. Honestly, it didn't occur to me that Palm would make a device without a hotsync capacity. I had heard about Companionlink and was prepared to pay the extra $50. Once I downloaded it, though, I realized that it just takes your data from your computer, puts it in google, then syncs your phone to google. Maybe the Missing Link will solve the problem, but in reading their write up they talk about syncing facebook and google accounts.

As to my 755p, the price on Ebay is coming down so I might just buy a spare for when my current phone dies.

FWIW, when I called Sprint they were happy to offer me a 755p if I stayed with them on a contract. Actually, I thought their plan looked attractive, but why get locked in while I have a perfectly good Verizon 755p.

BTW, it is now 5 and a half hours that I have been without phone service trying to get back to Verizon.
    You got an hour's worth of use out your Pre? I'm impressed! I bought mine yesterday after waiting five hours in line at Best Buy. Activated it with a new contract no problem at the store. As soon as i got home it was dead. It was stuck on the main screen and wouldn't accept input of any kind even after removing and replacing the battery. Went back to Best Buy and they couldn't get it working either. So sadly i didn't even get 5 mins with my Pre
    Are threads like this really necessary? I mean, do they foster discussion or help people with issues or serve any real purpose whatsoever?

Great, you don't like it, fine. Every single person who comes to this same conclusion doesn't have to make a thread about it here.
    the blackberry storm was FULL of threads like this...

My phone lasted a day... i let it charge overnight fully... pulled it off the charger 8 am this morning.. and now it's at 57% with wi_fi on ALL day.. I didn't physically use it that much.. There really isn't much to do on it while i'm home with laptop

Battery seems great to me. let the thing charg fully overnight.
    Some people just expected it to be something it isn't when they bought it.

Reminds me a lot of a recent election this country had.....
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    I'll jump on board when WebOS 3.0 hits...
    yup I agree. the battery life is horrible, reception is crap. It gets warm when ur talking. So im taking mine back tomorrow unfortunatly and just stick with my good ol previous phone I had before a sprint IC902. atleast I can tether with that
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I must say...that so far I think the PRE is an awesome phone. The operating system is very logically laid out.... I love being able to swipe away emails that you don't even want to read (automatically deletes theme), with the 5 email accounts that I use regularly it works amazingly!!
    You guys are taking it like im bashing the phone. I LOVE the Pre, i miss it already trust me. WebOS is the best Ive never used for a OS on a phone. The keyboard I absolutely loved, and the form i loved. But when I tell you this thing over heated, when I took the back off and touched the area under the battery, it would burn so bad that it left a little welt on my finger, this is the truth. The sales person at radioshack couldnt believe how hot this thing was. Even when charging, the phone was hot, i was afraid to even charge it I thought it would catch fire. Once I hear this issue not happening anymore and the hardware gets a little tweaked, believe me im getting that phone again, hopefully when verizon gets it, if they do, everything will be perfect. I didnt want to replace it because im going away for training for work for two weeks and I dont want to risk the chance of going pass my 30 day return policy and be screwed. If I had a full working phone when I bought it, I would be a sprint customer from here on out. Unfortunetly that isnt the case.
Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast