Page 29 of 59 FirstFirst ... 19242526272829303132333439 ... LastLast
    Its more where than what. Everyone here has the right to post "WHATEVER: they want ( board rules apply) and no one can say *****. BUT there are threads for "Im getting rid of the PRE" and threads for "I LOVE THE PRE" . This forum is filling up with threads that are redundant. Everyone want to start a new thread on a topic already being discussed. If there is a thread on "Really good PRE cases" and 5 people make new "Really good PRE Cases" threads it would be the same. Again not directed at you , its at all who do that. Granted I know there are so many "Returining" the PRE that its hard to figure out which one to post in BUT thats the problem , every new one makes it hard to figure out where to post . This forum is getting so clutterd. And its not the negative post , the "I LOVE THE PRE" threads are getting ridiculous also. Not the threads themselves, the number of them when there are already existing threads for them.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    just returned my blackberry, my iphone, my winmo device, and i got me a PRE.
    whoa... did anyone just feel the earth move? Hey, how'd I get in the 'Official' thread
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Its more where than what. Everyone here has the right to post "WHATEVER: they want ( board rules apply) and no one can say *****. BUT there are threads for "Im getting rid of the PRE" and threads for "I LOVE THE PRE" . This forum is filling up with threads that are redundant. Everyone want to start a new thread on a topic already being discussed. If there is a thread on "Really good PRE cases" and 5 people make new "Really good PRE Cases" threads it would be the same. Again not directed at you , its at all who do that. Granted I know there are soexisting threads for them.
    The thing about the web and popular forums is that there will always be multiple threads about everything. There are thousands of people looking at this forum at any given moment. On the other end of the scale you'd only have 20 or 30 threads, each with 2000 posts. Try reading through that ;-)
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Maybe try another Pre or the Airave: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ve-5-mins.html
    The Gods err Mods have arrived. this is good . All merged into one thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ronnienyc View Post
    The thing about the web and popular forums is that there will always be multiple threads about everything. There are thousands of people looking at this forum at any given moment. On the other end of the scale you'd only have 20 or 30 threads, each with 2000 posts. Try reading through that ;-)
  7. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    i'm not a geek. i'm a businessman. but i get your point.
    Okay, didn't know, let me correct you,
    You are a tech savvy business man who knows a thing or two about smart
    phones .

Wait for the Pixie , , and BTW they are releasing DATEBK , if you care.
    Its more where than what. Everyone here has the right to post "WHATEVER: they want ( board rules apply) and no one can say *****. BUT there are threads for "Im getting rid of the PRE" and threads for "I LOVE THE PRE" . This forum is filling up with threads that are redundant. Everyone want to start a new thread on a topic already being discussed. If there is a thread on "Really good PRE cases" and 5 people make new "Really good PRE Cases" threads it would be the same. Again not directed at you , its at all who do that. Granted I know there are so many "Returining" the PRE that its hard to figure out which one to post in BUT thats the problem , every new one makes it hard to figure out where to post . This forum is getting so clutterd. And its not the negative post , the "I LOVE THE PRE" threads are getting ridiculous also. Not the threads themselves, the number of them when there are already existing threads for them.
    Dude, chill out. Why do you need to try to impose your rigid concept of order on everybody else? If someone wants to start a thread of their own to express their thoughts you can simply not read it.
    Dude,Its the Forum / Board rules ,stop trying to impose YOUR own ideas on the forum. Did you bother to read the post the Moderators created about this exact thing and all these post and putting things where they do not belong. If you bothered to read it you would know its not my rules. Its the forum rules. If you dont like them take it up with the Moderators here, i did not make them. So your really talking to them not me. Its there rules.We all need to follow simple rules.
    Theres a reason the mods are merging all these silly threads.

Forum rules from the Moderators in there post

The Palm Pre stories are coming in fast and furious and if you've found something you think is new please do create a new thread on it -- but PLEASE SEARCH FIRST. Chances are there's alrady a thread on your topic.

Our moderators and volunteers and so we don't want them spending all their time merging threads. .

Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    Dude, chill out. Why do you need to try to impose your rigid concept of order on everybody else? If someone wants to start a thread of their own to express their thoughts you can simply not read it.
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 06/15/2009 at 08:14 PM.
    LOL, exactly!

Dude,Its the Forum / Board rules ,stop trying to impose YOUR own ideas on the forum. Did you bother to read the post the Moderators created about this exact thing and all these post and putting things where they do not belong. If you bothered to read it you would know its not my rules. Its the forum rules. If you dont like them take it up with the Moderators here, i did not make them. So your really talking to them not me. Its there rules.We all need to follow simple rules.
    Theres a reason the mods are merging all these silly threads.

Forum rules from the Moderators in there post

The Palm Pre stories are coming in fast and furious and if you've found something you think is new please do create a new thread on it -- but PLEASE SEARCH FIRST. Chances are there's alrady a thread on your topic.

Our moderators and volunteers and so we don't want them spending all their time merging threads. .
    I'm the 2nd person at my company who after pleading with managers to allow us to dump our blackberry curves in favor of the pre w/ all of its bells and whistles and active sync, and being given the go-ahead and purchased the Pre, are being forced to return the phone and go crawling back to our BB's that last more than a day on a single charge.

Being a business traveller and a pre-user simply do not compute. It's apparently a match made in hell. Both my colleague and I are in the same position, and are on our feet, in and out of cabs, airports, etc pretty much 4 days a week. In our first couple days with the Pre, I averaged probably 1.5 hrs on the phone, email a couple times an hour, some navigation, virtually zero web browsing, and I was left phoneless from approx 3:30pm till I returned to my hotel room both days. I simply cannot see how this phone works for anyone using the phone as a business user. I dont use the silly instant messaging, I dont watch Sprint TV, I don't use any email besides msoft exchange, and somehow Im using a full charge in under 9 hours with what I would call moderate use.

Also, I thought that after purchasing a palm touchstone that I'd have another charger to leave at the office, and I laughed at the fact that there wasn't even a cord in the packaging. Real nice for a $60 charger, requiring your customer to purchase yet another product in order to have charging capabilities at multiple locations without carrying a cord around in my bag everywhere.

Disappointed,
    thepalm
    Quote Originally Posted by thepalmuser View Post
    I'm the 2nd person at my company who after pleading with managers to allow us to dump our blackberry curves in favor of the pre w/ all of its bells and whistles and active sync, and being given the go-ahead and purchased the Pre, are being forced to return the phone and go crawling back to our BB's that last more than a day on a single charge.

Being a business traveller and a pre-user simply do not compute. It's apparently a match made in hell. Both my colleague and I are in the same position, and are on our feet, in and out of cabs, airports, etc pretty much 4 days a week. In our first couple days with the Pre, I averaged probably 1.5 hrs on the phone, email a couple times an hour, some navigation, virtually zero web browsing, and I was left phoneless from approx 3:30pm till I returned to my hotel room both days. I simply cannot see how this phone works for anyone using the phone as a business user. I dont use the silly instant messaging, I dont watch Sprint TV, I don't use any email besides msoft exchange, and somehow Im using a full charge in under 9 hours with what I would call moderate use.

Also, I thought that after purchasing a palm touchstone that I'd have another charger to leave at the office, and I laughed at the fact that there wasn't even a cord in the packaging. Real nice for a $60 charger, requiring your customer to purchase yet another product in order to have charging capabilities at multiple locations without carrying a cord around in my bag everywhere.

Disappointed,
    thepalm
    1.5 hours, makes sense to return it. $60 for a specialty charger (that no other phone has anyway), no big deal, but i don't think the touchstone would help you regardless.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    I dont use the silly instant messaging...
    What's silly about it? At my company we probably use IM more than email.

Based on the usage you're describing, it sounds like you're getting less than typical battery life. I'm wondering if maybe your Exchange syncing was the root cause... There are Exchange settings that can definitely affect how frequently the device connects, which in turn can substantially impact battery life. The "heartbeat" setting as well as the firewall timeout threshold are 2 things that come to mind. I completely agree with you on on the Touchstone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minsc View Post

Based on the usage you're describing, it sounds like you got less than typical battery life. I'm wondering if maybe your Exchange syncing was the root cause... There are Exchange settings that can definitely affect how frequently the device connects, which in turn can substantially impact battery life. The "heartbeat" setting as well as the firewall timeout threshold are 2 things that come to mind. I completely agree with on on the Touchstone.
    The touchstone is optional, no other phone has it anyway. I mean, an LV bag is $700, yeah, it's overpriced, but no one needs one.
    Quote Originally Posted by allthewayhome View Post
    The touchstone is optional, no other phone has it anyway. I mean, an LV bag is $700, yeah, it's overpriced, but no one needs one.
    The Touchstone was an marginally higher option than buying another regular charger. The fact that it is completely useless without another piece of hardward (cord) not included is what leaves you with a knife in the back feeling after opening it. Its a joke.
    Many folks who had issues with battery life have seen vast improvements as the battery gets conditioned. You probably would too.

I easily make it through what you have described with a single charge. My battery life has grown with use and more charge cycles - however, it's often recommended to not let the battery totally 'die' in the device if possible.

Disappointed,
    thepalm
    This last line fascinates me. Did you think the touchstone was wireless? If you're going to carry the touchstone, why would you not need a cord?

As an aside, you're referring to one option for purchasing the touchstone, there are other options as well that include an additional charge/usb cord.

If you're a frequent traveller, though, what's the big deal to carry a cord, and plug it into your USB port on your computer instead of carrying the actual charger itself? That's what I do when I'm on the road if I need to conserve space (with the understanding that the USB cord is going to chew up so much additional space in the old bag).

Anyhow, to each his own - enjoy your journey back to rim-land.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minsc View Post

Based on the usage you're describing, it sounds like you're getting less than typical battery life. I'm wondering if maybe your Exchange syncing was the root cause... There are Exchange settings that can definitely affect how frequently the device connects, which in turn can substantially impact battery life. The "heartbeat" setting as well as the firewall timeout threshold are 2 things that come to mind. I completely agree with you on on the Touchstone.
    Sorry I didn't mean to sound dismissive of the IM functioning, I just think its silly that it could take down a phone's battery life by hours as I've heard it described. I think its cool using it as a business application. I'll check on the exchange, thanks for the idea!
    Quote Originally Posted by raremage View Post

This last line fascinates me. Did you think the touchstone was wireless? If you're going to carry the touchstone, why would you not need a cord?

Sigh, I do understand the mechanical need for a cord and a powersource to power A/C devices. The fact remains that said cord WAS NOT INCLUDED IN THE BOX with the touchstone. Hope that clarifies my frustration.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Sigh, I do understand the mechanical need for a cord and a powersource to power A/C devices. The fact remains that said cord WAS NOT INCLUDED IN THE BOX with the touchstone. Hope that clarifies my frustration.
    Exactly. I'll tolerate spending $70 on the Touchstone, but it's insane that it doesn't include a cord and wall charger. So in other words, instead of having 2 chargers after buying the Touchstone, you still really only have 1.
    Pre-cisely. I will miss my Pre