Page 28 of 59 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728293031323338 ... LastLast
    To each his own.
    Yah, even though I love the Pre I'm probably going to take it back. It's a cool phone but I'll probably stick with my old iphone 3g. I'll take another look at it in 6 months or so after a few OS updates and more than 15 apps.
    I'm just saying. People don't just come to these forums to see cheer leading posts. Like I said I love the idea of this phone, and wanted to love it...
    Maybe the Pre v.2 will have killer software AND hardware.
    Seriously, is there anyone here who denies that this thing feels cheap and flimsy?!?
    Seriously?
    I find that hard to believe.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blake247 View Post
    Yah, even though I love the Pre I'm probably going to take it back. It's a cool phone but I'll probably stick with my old iphone 3g. I'll take another look at it in 6 months or so after a few OS updates and more than 15 apps.
    Good news, there's double that!
    Quote Originally Posted by ronnienyc View Post
    I'm just saying. People don't just come to these forums to see cheer leading posts. Like I said I love the idea of this phone, and wanted to love it...
    Seriously, is there anyone here who denies that this thing feels cheap and flimsy?!?
    Seriously?
    before the phone came out i heard alot about the phone feeling really "cheap" when i first held it in my hand, it did not feel like cheap plastic to me. felt really good.
    Seriously?
    Well, does seem like more complainers than fans. Still waiting to get my test unit, though lately not sure i should bother...
    Seriously?
    I don't find it that way at all. In fact, there's pics somewhere in these forums of one that took a 4' fall onto concrete and just had a few scuffs. Palm products have never had poor quality hardware; I doubt this one is any different.
    I really like how it feels. I have had zero problems. Guess the phone is just not for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by hchavarria View Post
    I really like how it feels. I have had zero problems. Guess the phone is just not for you.
    Indeed. I've got no hard feelings ;-)
    After all, these are just phones anyway. Just thought I would give my 2 cents as someone who has owned Blackberrys, Instinct, etc., etc.

I think one of the things that really gets me is that on the BB for example, you can press the space bar in the browser, and it goes down a whole page (just like the browser on your computer) instead of all the swishing and sliding on the Pre (and the iPhone and the Instinct...) where you are watching text sliding past, making me feel like I am going blind...

But again, just my opinion. And I do LOVE Web OS. I just hope it sticks around and becomes huge. I'd like to have it on my desktop pc.
    bunch of iphone fanboy trolls looks like to me
  11. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Which Blackberry are you talking about? I can tell you from experience that the Pre is definitely superior to the 8130 in terms of build quality and usability.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    Which Blackberry are you talking about? I can tell you from experience that the Pre is definitely superior to the 8130 in terms of build quality and usability.
    ...but not the Bold. The BB Bold is sitting on my desk staring at me. I need to sell it before I do something crazy (like return my Pre)...
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Doesn't feel cheap to me. Feels like the same exact plastic they use on the back of the iPhone. I also love the way the front is seamless, and the screen is not a separate unit - It all flows very nicely. Now the BB Storm, that is a cheap a$$ feeling phone.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Nobody's saying you should post your experiences. They're just saying there are already other active threads out there for people to post this type of experience. Probably don't need another new thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by silent_bob View Post
    I've never owned an iPhone. I don't know where this logic comes from where anyone who critiques a phone must be a "iPhone fanboy."
    Yeah folks enough of these "Im am doing" threads , Seriously we dont need to have a new thread for every "I LOVE MY PRE" and for "MY PRE SUCKS" . Theres threads for this already. Now if the MODS would make a categoty for praise and disgust with the PRE that would be cool to sgregate all these silly threads off of here. Post keep winding up on page 3 in 5 minutes with all the crap. Nothing wrong with posting personal feelings but there are threads already open that these can be posted in to save the forum clutter.
    Ok VaccPalm, what would you like to see posted?

I actually don't want all my contacts, personal information, passwords "in the cloud" either. It just doesn't make sense to me. Though The Over The Air backup of *just the information I want* sounds great!
    Oh my gosh, I had no idea that pressing the space bar will scroll a page at a time and just tried and it worked! Seriously that is a nice something-to-know. See, these threads aren't useless... you learn the pre quality is lacking and you can scroll with a space bar.

Indeed. I've got no hard feelings ;-)
    After all, these are just phones anyway. Just thought I would give my 2 cents as someone who has owned Blackberrys, Instinct, etc., etc.

I think one of the things that really gets me is that on the BB for example, you can press the space bar in the browser, and it goes down a whole page (just like the browser on your computer) instead of all the swishing and sliding on the Pre (and the iPhone and the Instinct...) where you are watching text sliding past, making me feel like I am going blind...

But again, just my opinion. And I do LOVE Web OS. I just hope it sticks around and becomes huge. I'd like to have it on my desktop pc.
    Web sites hard to read without a bunch of pinching, scrolling, tappinge etc. What I care about (more than whether a site looks just like the real web site) is that it's legible.
    I actually find Pre browsing to be quite the opposite. What's nice about the browser is you can double-tap the section you want to read and it auto-sizes it to the screen and makes it perfectly readable. I usually rotate the device to make the text even bigger. And I guess I don't mind the scrolling because it mimics how I browse on my laptop. My laptop's touchpad has a vertical scroll area that I use to browse web pages.

It's rare that I ever have to pinch-zoom to read the text. But when I do, it really isn't too much of a hassle...actually I find it kinda cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by silent_bob View Post
    that's getting really tiring too... This guy bought the Pre... he at least gave it a try and he's a troll. sheesh.