Page 26 of 59 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526272829303136 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vkitty View Post
    Usually, but only IF you make them reverse you eligibility, so I would suggest anyone that is returning there pre, to PESTER the sale person, and double/triple check that they reversed it.
    Also, don't buy the story that they can't reverse your eligibility date until the unit makes it back to their warehouse, which can take between 1 and 2 months. Within 24 hours of returning my phone, I had 3 different customer service reps tell me that story (I knew it was wrong, since my wife had gotten an immediate reversal on her return 2 months prior). A week later, someone from retentions called me and asked me if I liked my service. I complained about having to wait to have my contract end date reset, and she immediately reset it back to the original contract end date while we were talking on the phone.
    I didn't go through the whole thread. I was at Best Buy since I was told about an update and wanted to see what they were talking about. My problem is my Wi-Fi isn't working.
    BB has an employee forum and it was mentioned that there's an update coming for poor EVDO signal "at home".
    Quote Originally Posted by fr4nk1yn View Post
    I didn't go through the whole thread. I was at Best Buy since I was told about an update and wanted to see what they were talking about. My problem is my Wi-Fi isn't working.
    BB has an employee forum and it was mentioned that there's an update coming for poor EVDO signal "at home".
    That's funny. According to the two Sprint tech folks I just talked to the reception/connection issue isn't a "know problem" at this point. USELESS SPRINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    What Palm is doing is they are trying to fix more and update less. This is much more efficient because they do not have to focus on getting a update out when they could be fixing it. My guess is that they are going to release another update before the month is over. However, it is very possible that they could be working on a 2.0 version that fixes allot of the bugs and then adds allot of new fetures to the core apps like picture downloading, better copy/paste, exc.
    If you really need to have a good capable phone right NOW my recomendation is to keep the Pre and switch back over to your Treo for 1-2 months until it has all necessary capabilities to be used as a company phone. By then it will have ALLOT more apps in the app store, many more and inproved capabilities (like MS. Extange, better Copy/Paste, much better & improved web browser, better music player, exc.) When they phone is working at a point you are comfertable at, switch back over.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrowland View Post
    That's funny. According to the two Sprint tech folks I just talked to the reception/connection issue isn't a "know problem" at this point. USELESS SPRINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I symathize. I can't get decent tech support for a MiFi unit, from Verizon. On my second one now, with somewhat similar issues. sigh. I've got a couple more weeks to decide if I should keep it.
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    i would make sure they dont add it to your bill... if they are coy enough to sell you a phone with a mail-in rebate then they will do anything
    Sprint is famous for doing this kind of crap to me.
    I don't think there will be a WebOS major update for 60 days. Why? Because it has been reported here that the fix for Exchange is due out in about 60 days, so just extrapolating that it will likely be that long. WebOs should be great in about 1 yr.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick View Post
    I'm teetering on returning to my Bold...however I will probably stay because I do like the Pre and Sprint is sending me an Airave to help with my home signal. 21 days left to impress me Sprint/Palm!
    That's funny. In a previous post you stated that you "have no issues whatsoever" with your Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    What Palm is doing is they are trying to fix more and update less.
    Palm could not possibly update less than they have in the past.
    I need an update soon or this phone is outta here! I dont even use it due to its lack of function, its just sitting on my night stand. Every day I hope to get an update and no-go

Im waiting 10 more days than returning it, theres really no comparison between the Pre and my Bold. At all.
    I'm a Pre gal now
    I kinda find it funny that so many are willing to forgive a bad radio because they're getting a free air rave.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by zyxwv88 View Post
    Remember, the iPhone didn't even have an app store on release, so the Pre has it beat compared to iPhone on release.
    When the iPhone came out, nobody had an app store. Even after a year on the market, Apple was the first to come out with a dedicated one. Since Apple opened their app store, everyone else is scrambling to catch up. Even the Android released with a better app store than the Pre.
    not entirely true. one of the Palm software websites created a store app for Palm OS. You'd prepay for credits and would buy programs and download them on the phone. It's been a while, but Apple wasn't the first.

Personally I could care less how good an app store is. Better that the core apps and core functionality are good off the bat. All the iphone comparisons and whining is annoying. Thankfully I don't have to care as I'm enjoying my Pro or is that trolling...haha.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    If you really need to have a good capable phone right NOW my recomendation is to keep the Pre and switch back over to your Treo for 1-2 months until it has all necessary capabilities to be used as a company phone. By then it will have ALLOT more apps in the app store, many more and inproved capabilities (like MS. Extange, better Copy/Paste, much better & improved web browser, better music player, exc.) When they phone is working at a point you are comfertable at, switch back over.
    That's a great point: I will probably carry both for a while. The functions I relied on my Treo are nearly worthless on the Pre and was really considering returning the Pre. The best option, I guess, is to use the Pre as a phone, messaging, email, and my Treo for calendar, tasks, memos and Facebook. I happen to like the pages optimized for web browsing better on the Treo but it may just be a matter of getting used to the Pre.

Early adoption requires patience so I'll stick it out. At least Sprint gave me the free Airave for my troubles!

Robyn
    Palm Pilot -->Handspring Visor -->Handspring Visor Edge-->Treo 300-->Treo 650-->Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->Treo 755p
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    While there are many good things, hard buttons aren't all bad. I reckon a combo is often best (insert TealOS wave launcher).

I'm getting sick of 'innovation' meaning removing features, Centro to Pre:
    - absence SD slot
    - no native sync (I know webOS cloud is 'the latest and greatest' but what happened to choice)
    - no ease of hard button setup for one press-nav to phone/calendar/sms/apps etc
    - 3rd party apps just not there yet...
    - OS lag/lack of quick one handed access
    - no LED indicator
    - lack of D-pad

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxjoe View Post
    What is frustrating is that they can still be like the iPhone insofar as having the finger-swiping action on the screen, just not at the expense of the d-pad.

Best of both worlds. Hmmm... what a concept.
    ^ what he said, dpad is good for long/large scroll, swipe is good for slow precision.

I'm not gonna say these without acknowledging the Pre's utter greatness, beautiful screen (+a keyboard), multi antenna, multitasking, synergy, usb vs Athena, cloud, 3.5mm, GMail IMAP PUSH email, and geez it's gorgeous, good on Palm they have come a long way, the list goes on but still I don't think we're there yet..

I'm waiting for the catch up maybe till Pre 2? a year or 2 off but hoping it'll be mega sweet and my Centro is doing mighty fine with 8GB micro, soon to be 16GB - get my point? Pre is still too many steps back to justify the price difference for me.
    Last edited by brum; 06/14/2009 at 06:13 PM.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    I don't know why people would suggest to hold on to the Pre till it comes around and use their current phone till then. It's a waste. Just stick with your old phone and wait out a few updates. Then revisit it, and see if it meets your needs. Why would you want to pay and sit on a phone when you can easily get it down the road. Maybe they make hardware fixes (like the radio?), you just don't know. If the Pre is for you, now, then take the plunge. Otherwise it just makes sense to sit back and see things develop. Especially if an Android phone is around the corner. If you're on Sprint you'll have some nice options with the TP2 and an HTC or Samsung Android phone in the near future to compare with the Pre. There's more to a phone than an OS.
    Last edited by crogs571; 06/14/2009 at 08:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    I don't know why people would suggest to hold on to the Pre till it comes around and use their current phone till then. It's a waste. Just stick with your old phone and wait out a few updates. Then revisit it, and see if it meets your needs. Why would you want to pay and sit on a phone when you can easily get it down the road. Maybe they make hardware fixes (like the radio?), you just don't know. If the Pre is for you, now, then take the plunge. Otherwise it just makes sense to sit back and see things develop. Especially if an Android phpone is around the corner. If you're on Sprint you'll have some nice options with the TP2 and an HTC Android phone in the near future to compare with the Pre. There's more to a phone than an OS.
    Is there an Android phone coming to Sprint??? Really!?
    Samsung supposedly confirmed an Android phone come 3rd quarter for Sprint and AT&T. There is also a rumor about the HTC Hero Sprint is on board with the Android Development team as well. I would hope they'd be at least a horizontal slider and not just a candybar like the Diamond or Instinct. One plus if the HTC comes is it'll be Android with the Flo treatment which is supposed to be pretty sweet. If that happens, the Pre would have a little competition. The Lancaster version looks nice...

At the same time, some of the rumors speculate AT&T would have a 6 month exclusive on the HTC's. This exclusive stuff is for the birds. With six month exclusives flying around I'd see zero reason to jump carriers except to save money. And all these new touch based phones would really shine on Sprint's Everything plans and all their perks. And please, no cheap plan whining.
    Quote Originally Posted by searchable View Post
    Is there an Android phone coming to Sprint??? Really!?
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    Samsung supposedly confirmed an Android phone come 3rd quarter for Sprint and AT&T. There is also a rumor about the HTC Hero Sprint is on board with the Android Development team as well. I would hope they'd be at least a horizontal slider and not just a candybar like the Diamond or Instinct. One plus if the HTC comes is it'll be Android with the Flo treatment which is supposed to be pretty sweet. If that happens, the Pre would have a little competition. The Lancaster version looks nice...

At the same time, some of the rumors speculate AT&T would have a 6 month exclusive on the HTC's. This exclusive stuff is for the birds. With six month exclusives flying around I'd see zero reason to jump carriers except to save money. And all these new touch based phones would really shine on Sprint's Everything plans and all their perks. And please, no cheap plan whining.
    Sprint and Verizon have had the worst phones for YEARS! Nice to hear the CDMA networks are getting some decent phones soon...

unfortunately, i can't wait yet another 6 months for all this to appear
    these are supposedly 3rd quarter. When it comes to smartphones, I don't really think Sprint was that behind the times. It's not fair to compare buying unlocked gsm phones either as they are not "offered" by AT&T.

Think it'll be a few months less than six before Android hits Sprint. But if you want to settle for the less than optimal Pre, be my guest. I'd like to think that round 2 will be a better designed, less over-engineered improved quality product. Maybe we'll even see a d-pad or trackball. I'd give them all the credit in the world if they were the first mfg to put a d-pad on a full touchscreen device.