Page 25 of 59 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Maybe it's a sign that your unit is defective in some way and should just be exchanged.
    This is possible! However...It is happening with my Pre and my Wife's as well. TWO bad phones in one day??? Maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrowland View Post
    This is possible! However...It is happening with my Pre and my Wife's as well. TWO bad phones in one day??? Maybe.
    It happens when she's on her Pre talking to people other than you? If so, that's certainly not a good sign.

If it's something you both notice while talking to each other, there's a chance that it's just one of the phones.

Just a thought. Good luck.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxla View Post
    YouTube - Pre connection issues.

This is just unacceptable, Even though my BB Curve and previous phones use to get GREAT EVDO connection in my house, Palm Pre seems to be buggy and switches to 1X for no bloody reason! - its going back on Monday, oh how i would of loved to of kept the phone, but its just not practical.
    I returned my Pre after 2 days; my 8900 rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccizzy View Post
    Anyway...it's going back today.....OH AND I'M A LITTLE PISSED AT THE $35/RESTOCKING FEE WITH SPRINT....UNBELIEVABLE.
    I believe you are not charged that fee if you are returning the phone within your trial period as long as you don't replace it with a different model phone using your upgrade. When I returned my Pre and returned to my old phone, they didn't charge me any restocking fee.

But you might want to check just to be sure.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    How does this affect those of us that used our $150 (or $75) upgrade eligable $$ to purchase the pre? Meaning, if the Pre is returned and we decide to go back to our original phones, is the eligability there for another new phone purchase somewhere down the line?
    Quote Originally Posted by zyxwv88 View Post
    The few places it doesn't, it likely will within the next year. Remember, the iPhone didn't even have an app store on release, so the Pre has it beat compared to iPhone on release.

Oh, and although the Iphone may have a slightly larger screen by a half inch or so, the readability is just as good, and arguably better.
    Not to my eyes, or to my wife's. Seeing the Pre in person was confirmation for the both of us that it's too small. We don't have issues with our Touch's which have the same screen as an iPhone. nuff said.
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrowland View Post

Return it, get a new one, and see if it happens to those.. ::smile::
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RenardRouge View Post
    I believe you are not charged that fee if you are returning the phone within your trial period as long as you don't replace it with a different model phone using your upgrade. When I returned my Pre and returned to my old phone, they didn't charge me any restocking fee.

But you might want to check just to be sure.

They charge a restocking fee, if you are returning it for whatever reason with your 30 day UNLESS you are just replacing it because its defective.
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dtrose View Post
    How does this affect those of us that used our $150 (or $75) upgrade eligable $$ to purchase the pre? Meaning, if the Pre is returned and we decide to go back to our original phones, is the eligability there for another new phone purchase somewhere down the line?
    Usually, but only IF you make them reverse you eligibility, so I would suggest anyone that is returning there pre, to PESTER the sale person, and double/triple check that they reversed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vkitty View Post
    They charge a restocking fee, if you are returning it for whatever reason with your 30 day UNLESS you are just replacing it because its defective.
    I didn't get charged a restocking fee...unless they plan on adding it to my bill.
    I just wanted to say goodbye and goodluck to you all, the pre is really not for me. I'm not saying its not for you but in my world I need the speed of my little rollerball and my blackberry. Take care and I hope they fix all the bugs for you!
    I loved my BB..but I dont miss it
    As you can tell from my Username and my Forum Start Date, I am a long time Palm user and fan. I have also been with Sprint for many years as primarily they provided me the best overall service, including in my home. I get occasional dropped calls on my Treo755p at home and about, but overall I was happy.

I love the concept of the Pre, WebOS, etc. Got no hardware issues here .. slider works well.. no pixel problems.. Apps look promising conceptually and I have no doubt they will start to flow soon.

But above all I need a phone that works at least as well as my Treo755p and email that works as seamlessly as it does on my Treo755p or my desktop without worrying about formatting and reply header issues etc. Not an exchange user here and I use my Palm/Treo database more than I use my Outlook database for phone numbers and addresses so Outlook Sync is not an immediate issue for me… But it all needs to be professional and improperly formatted replies makes the Pre unusable for me for half my email functions right now. I can deal with battery drainage but I need a spare battery and a battery cradle charger which are not available yet, although I assume they are around the corner.

Synergy seems interesting but is fairly irrelevant to me personally, especially without a Facebook friend filter... I have no interest in adding all my Facebook friends to my phone but would love to be able to add some. It would have been nice to have been warned that the one time Palm Profile Treo Syncing did not give you online access to your data, but I guess I just missed that. My Bad for not RTFM first,.. but who did?

I need a calendar that works simply and seamlessly and wakes me up with Vibrate only to give me my days agenda without waking my wife. I can do without the additional nightlight/clock and would have preferred to have been offered the option.

I miss one handed operation but could deal with that as a trade off to WebOS beauty if there was a tab button or way to move the cursor left or right one handed without gymnastics.

I love the idea of the Pre.. I really do. I consider myself a gadget geek and was always a first adopter… jeez.. I lived with the power-drain-wipe-out-all-your-data-shame-on-you-for-not-recharging days of the Treo 300 and loved it!!! I do not want to go to ATT and will not buy an iPhone although my kids are screaming for them. Given the choice of an iPhone or the Pre… after seeing the lack of apps and difficulty I am having, it is a non issue now in our house… iPhone for the kids here we come… but not for me.

No... my decision is to go BACK to my dated but trusted Treo 755p warts and all if most or all of MY issues (which may be different than yours I recognize) are not resolved in a software update within my 30 day return period. Pandora and real web screen rendering are nice and all, but I need a reliable phone and a power business tool without drama. I was out of contract and re-upped for 2 years so I expect to surely fight about this as well.. I assume I missed this in the fine print… we shall see.. but did I have a choice really?

Yea the “free” Airrave that apparently ended up costing me about $30 in undisclosed fees and taxes seems interesting. I sadly fully expect the “free” monthly service to end up costing me $4.99 per line as other posters experienced, although I was assured it would not and was promised an email by Sprint saying so, which alas never arrived… But Airrave does not cover my whole house apparently and I had to make a decision where to place it and still get bad reception and dropped calls on my Pre (where my Treo 755p worked fine yada yada…) in parts of the house. Couple that with my wife being on Sprint without ever an issue in the house and now she is dropping calls at the end of the Airrave range as she moves through the house and has asked me to turn the Airrave off… well an unforeseen issue I suppose. I am sure there is a way to filter out mac addresses in the Airrave set up and I am technical enough to know how to do this, but really how many of the people not on this Forum know what a mac address is and I simply do not feel like going through the motions…. Although I guess I will…

When I told my oldest son that I was seriously thinking about returning the Pre he said “after all that effort you went through?” By “effort” he meant anticipation, incessant obsessive family dinner talk, seeing me read and post on these threads, going to my Launch Party to wait in line supposedly until midnight, gleaming over walking back in the house with my Pre proudly in my hand… playing with the Pre instead of being with my family…. Etc…

I love the idea of the Pre… but I am apparently not ready for it yet or it is not ready for me. I WILL give it the rest of the 30 days… and I am hopeful… but I fear that my days of being an early adopter may be over… Wow, that makes me feel old….

This community is great and feels like home. I just wish I had something better to post. Just IMHO…..
    ETUTREO300
    I hear you man. I hope it happens. I don't have faith for the 30 days, but hopefully in about 6 months+ they'll have something you can come back to. : )
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Bye! Have fun with your rollerball.
    And the BB Tour is coming out soon for Sprint too, finally! : )
    Last edited by allthewayhome; 06/14/2009 at 02:25 PM.
    I'm teetering on returning to my Bold...however I will probably stay because I do like the Pre and Sprint is sending me an Airave to help with my home signal. 21 days left to impress me Sprint/Palm!
    I am in the same boat. Battery life and reception are killing my love for the phone.
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    All good points. Let's hope Palm gets their act together and releases some WebOS updates soon. Personally I'm enjoying my Pre more than my previous iPhone just for the multitasking capabilities. The App Store is going to make or break the Pre. Crossing fingers.
    i would make sure they dont add it to your bill... if they are coy enough to sell you a phone with a mail-in rebate then they will do anything

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainchump View Post
    I didn't get charged a restocking fee...unless they plan on adding it to my bill.