Page 20 of 59 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shadrap View Post
    Guys just let these people leave. At least then they won't be hear to *****. Most people can't handle change.The ones of us that see the possibilities are techies and know how things will progress. The people on here complaining are the general population that have no idea of how technology evolves. Most probably just heard about the phone and decided to jump on the bandwagon without thinking out the decision. The ones of us that have been diligent in our research, knew exactly what we were buying. They believe it should have been born perfect. Give it a few months of development and guess what they will jump back on the Pre and act as if they never left.

If you knew exactly what you were buying...then why would you buy a device that crashes and has distortion?

Wow...did you think that one up all by yourself?
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ccizzy View Post
    If you knew exactly what you were buying...then why would you buy a device that crashes and has distortion?

Wow...did you think that one up all by yourself?
    What crashes and has distortion?
    There are shortcomings in the pre. But some of you are just drama queens.
    Wow....fanboys unite. All I know is that I've had my Pre for less than a day. No chance to get my PIM info over, but I'm not looking forward to the transition. I have way too much info to hold its hand from start to finish. What I have seen so far is the nice UI and browsing experience. Email, multitasking and such seem to work well. I see the clouds coming though, Went to one of my work sites to do the pdf thing, and it was a no go. Clicked the link to get the pdf and the Pre couldn't figure out what to do with it. That's a bit scary when the pdf viewer is built in.

I've beta tested devices before, and I've been an early adopter of a few devices. If Palm was new to the game, the problems I've read about from long time palm users as well as the couple I've experienced myself so far are not easily dismissable because it's a 1.0 device. Reason is it's coming from a company with a 13yr history in the business that had the single best mobile OS out there. Why they would dumb down a brand new OS like this is beyond me, especially when the features seem rather basic. I also find it amazing that people are so willing to tuen the other cheek simply because it says 1.0 on it. I'm definitely looking at an uphill battle once I get the PIM side up and running. I'm happy that the simple people with simple needs love the phone and can run with blinders on. The "valid" complaints on here can't enjoy that luxury for the most part. It's just a shame they found it acceptable to alienate their current customer base and distance themselves from an OS that made the company. I hope I can suck up the negatives. Just not sure I'll be able to. Just seems so crippled.
    hey dude wait! do not return it yet. I had the same issue with my Moto q at first. it would not connect to the evdo network. Just call sprint and they will reprovision it. it will work i promise.
    I am sorry but seeing the phone at best buy was a complete turn off for me. I really wanted to believe in the phone but what I saw at the store was not what was preached. The keyboard was horrible!!

For me I just think anyone that truly love this phone to death is on Palm's payroll.
    It just does not compare to my iPhone which I also don't like that much bcos I think Apple short changes its customers. It just does not compare.
    another day for you and me in paradise
    Quote Originally Posted by tangozebra View Post
    That's the problem. I would work around the feature shortcomings and bugs if hardware itself was solid, but between the build issues and the horrible battery life, I just don't think it is worth the patience.
    Thank you! That's my point software issues can be resolved. Cracked screen on the first day people get them. It feels like cheap plastic when you hold it. I really don't want to knock what others pay good money for.
    another day for you and me in paradise
    Seeing a review on this site with pics made me all excited again about the Palm Pre -- as i was since January! Heck, I could deal with all the missing features/functionality and bugs, it's the keyboard that is the deal breaker. It just doesn't work for me

I really don't want to get an iPhone, the Pre was(is) my last best hope for avoiding. Going this weekend to play again in hopes of adjusting to it...
    Is anyone else having a speed/lag issue within the apps (email and calendar)?
    The keyboard for me is fine. I just migrated my data from Palm Desktop. What a load of crap. I've got a ton of info in the custom fields, and I now have none of it on the Pre. Doctor's preferences, info about their office staff, personal info I need to remember. All gone. I can no longer search for just doctors or coworkers (which included the companies we represent), or competitors and such. Universal Search doesn't help with any of that which is why I had categories.

I had my surgery schedules laid out by line in a calendar appt. The time span ran 10 1/2 hours. It's a solid blue line on the daily view with just 20 characters of the listing showing. I have to actually go into the appt to see everything. Makes no sense.

And of course all my appts are off a day.

Memos sucks. Alphabetical only and no list view. Just the stupid post it notes with 9 on a screen at a time. Have to go through all my personal ones along with my work related ones.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    from the handful of times I've played with an iphone, the PIM does mimic it rather well. I don't think you're going to get a full review out of me. I'm not making it past my data migration. All my custom fields are gone. My appointments are off a day. My notes are a jumbled mess. Universal Search can't handle sorting through it all in any way, shape or form. The daily view on the calendar barely shows the first sentence of what's in the appointment even though there's plenty of room to show the appointment details without having to click on the event. The browser, while pretty and fast, won't even allow me to download a simple pdf file from a work website. The Pre can't find a program to associate with the download. And trying to select text. I was trying to place a cursor before the "[" in a quoted reply and couldn't get the cursor before it. So I figured I'd just delete it, write my post and put the "[" back in. Yet I wasn't allowed to select it when hitting the symbol key. It was grayed out.

I actually enjoyed playing around with the Pre all day long. Then I get home tonight and do the data transfer, and it's just unusable. I really think I have to return it.

On a design note, I think they put way too much thought into trying to nail down the "coolness" of it. The curved slider is a waste. It's tough to open one handed when you're holding it at the tip. A straight slider would be much easier to open and close. A straight slider would also add some heft to the bottom piece and create better balance in the hand when open. It would also allow for the keyboard not to be in a recess. I can type ok, but I wish the keys had a bit more travel. I was streaming Pandora while checking email and hopping on the net. I was impressed with those aspects. It's either the smartest dumbphone I've ever seen or the dumbest smartphone.

Now I don't know if I'm just going to stick with my Centro or try out the Pro. Maybe I'll just pick up a 755p on ebay and wait to see what the next round of phones brings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    anyone know how it compares with iphone? did Ruby just copy the iphone Contacts and Calendar? or is iphone better? worse?
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    It's either the smartest dumbphone I've ever seen or the dumbest smartphone.
    I've been calling it my ***** Savante Pre.

Maybe I'll just pick up a 755p on ebay and wait to see what the next round of phones brings.
    Jeez. Hilarious. I just posted the same thing a couple days ago and I've been reading similar comments in other forums.

I cannot believe how many disappointed "heavy business users" (including myself) would rather entrust our livelihoods to a used 755p (worth about as 50 bucks) to be our 'go to' product than a sleek, glitzy, relatively retarded phone that bedazzles with a few parlor tricks.

Wonder what that'll do to the price and availability of the 755p?

heh
    My PDA history: ditched pre and upgraded back to the Treo 755p, Palm PRE, Treo 755p, 650, 600, TMobile Pocket PC, Visor Platinum, Kyocera Palmphone, Treo 300, Visor Silver, Ipaq H3600, Orig Handspring, and various and sundry other early iterations of PDA's.
    Quote Originally Posted by xpdnc View Post
    Bwaahahaaaahaahahaaaahahahaaa!

The Pre finally comes out - and within days the value of a three-year-old 755P goes up!

I'm confident no one could have seen that coming....
    Quote Originally Posted by xpdnc View Post
    I've been calling it my ***** Savante Pre.

Jeez. Hilarious. I just posted the same thing a couple days ago and I've been reading similar comments in other forums.

I cannot believe how many disappointed "heavy business users" (including myself) would rather entrust our livelihoods to a used 755p (worth about as 50 bucks) to be our 'go to' product than a sleek, glitzy, relatively retarded phone that bedazzles with a few parlor tricks.

heh
    Northside should be on cue momentarily with comments on your originality of thought, cognitive processes and physiological development as it relates to the electrical gradients existing betwixt your particular neurotransmitter network. You may also be called a troll or a plant as well.

LOL.

At the risk of being labeled "unoriginal" I will say that...........

I agree with you.

I've been slogging through this thread for a couple hours. At this point I'm glad to have the excuse of having to wait for Verizon to get the Pre. I'd hate to have to come here and state my legitimate issues only to be "i-baited" (wiki: red-baited.) And I AM a Palm fanboy!

However, for the most part I see a lot of honest people here who've been a tad disillusioned. I know that once I discovered that webOS's implementation of EAS didn't support PIN lock/remote wipe, I was going to have to wait. The Pre will be my next phone, though.

-Andrew
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    You may also be called a troll or a plant as well.
    All anyone has to do is read a few of my past posts to see that I'm not a troll, nor a deep-cover plant.

And I certainly mean no disrespect to any ***** Savantes who may well be reading this post whilst memorizing their local phone book.

I only regret that I was so truly mesmerized, initially, by the streaks of brilliance from the I.S.Pre that it took far too long for me to realize I was trying to see something that wasn't there. I guess some have identified it as light leakage.

I just wish I could have the last few days back--starting with Saturday.
    My PDA history: ditched pre and upgraded back to the Treo 755p, Palm PRE, Treo 755p, 650, 600, TMobile Pocket PC, Visor Platinum, Kyocera Palmphone, Treo 300, Visor Silver, Ipaq H3600, Orig Handspring, and various and sundry other early iterations of PDA's.
    I think about all the time I spent on this forum and trolling the net for info on this phone only to see my excitement turn to a sort of dread as time dwindled down and more info was released, the phone was released, then I finally got mine, and now I'm taking it back.
    I think about all the time I spent on this forum and trolling the net for info on this phone only to see my excitement turn to a sort of dread as time dwindled down and more info was released, the phone was released, then I finally got mine, and now I'm taking it back.
    Did you wait in a long, early line, also?
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Hell no. Business rep ordered it for me and had it sent to my doorstep. $150 OOP w/no rebate. My time is too valuable to waste sitting in line to buy a phone.
    @crogs571

Wait, I was freaking out over pretty much losing the memo app.
    Are you saying all the custom fields in Palm OS Contacts are lost too?

Unacceptable. I have hundreds of account numbers, part numbers etc in those fields. Hundreds and hundreds. Probably in the (low) thousands. Ugh, that is bad news.
    PalmPilot > Pilot Pro > PalmIII > PalmV > m500 > m505 > KyoceraPalmPhone > Treo650 > Centro > ?pre?