Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 12345671252 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 1175
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by edoan View Post
    I would argue that you'd have a better data experience with the Pre in your home if you spent $30 on a Wi-Fi router. Not to mention, if/when you get a laptop computer, you'll enjoy the freedom of using it on the kitchen table or on the sofa while connected via Wi-Fi!
    As others have said, the updates will be forthcoming. I've already gone from webOS 1.0.1 to 1.0.2 within the first 24 hours!
    This is classic advice considering the mandate for the new data plan.
  2. NSXLA's Avatar
    Posts
    99 Posts
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
       #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    For the OP, I'd try calling up Sprint first, getting a replacement. I've had absolutely no issue staying connected to EVDO, so maybe a replacement would fix your issues.
    That's scary! This phone as been great other than this network issue, no light leakage, Not a crash yet! the OS has been quite responsive, a new unit with other issues would be too frustrating! I will just go back to my BB CURVE.
    Can't imagine switching to another carrier, been with sprint for 6 years
  3. #23  
    I feel like they'll be a workaround to tether soon. That's how it goes for most phones.
  4. palo117's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    #24  
    Question can you use a Wi-Fi connection instead of the rave that sprint offers?
    Last edited by palo117; 06/07/2009 at 03:10 PM.
  5. NSXLA's Avatar
    Posts
    99 Posts
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
       #25  
    I haven't tried WIFI, - i can test it at the local starbucks/friends house.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Isn't this like buying a Corvette and complaining that your main issue is that you can't carry around your family of 6?
    Well, not exactly, but the lack of tethering has been known for a long time, so I can't imagine why someone for whom that's a deal breaker bought it a Pre in the first place.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  7. reidme's Avatar
    Posts
    372 Posts
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    #27  
    My Pre has switched over to 1x several times while in my basement and I don't remember my Centro ever doing that.
  8. NSXLA's Avatar
    Posts
    99 Posts
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
       #28  
    Yep, I have clearly established its the Pre, My Sanyo M1 never had an issue nor the BB Curve, a replacement Pre might be worth a try, but returning it makes sense to me. Don't know what i can do to pinpoint the problem, troubleshoot. Any real sprint techies out there? =]
  9. rposa's Avatar
    Posts
    264 Posts
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    #29  
    Why not try a full phone reset ? (Make sure you're backed up).

    I mean, you might have to re-set everything back up .. but then you'd know if it's a setting thing...
  10. rposa's Avatar
    Posts
    264 Posts
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    #30  
    Or, probably better yet --

    Instead of doing that, why not call Customer Service. Perhaps they fudged up your data plan..
  11. glenada's Avatar
    Posts
    777 Posts
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Isn't this like buying a Corvette and complaining that your main issue is that you can't carry around your family of 6?
    ...or the fact that it has the same steering wheel as the Chevy Cobalt!
    Current Phone(s): HTC Inspire "4G" & Pre 2
  12. #32  
    Either call tech support or go to the store if close. The first thing they would do is do a reset.

    Here is the instruction to do the reset. This came directly from Palm.

    For future reference Palm strongly advises not to remove the battery whenever possible. You can initiate a reset by doing a hardware combination on the phone to do it:

    1. Press and hold the power button (device must be on)
    2. Switch the ringer switch back and forth
    3. Repeat step 2
    4. Repeat step 2

    Wait a few seconds and the device should reset.
  13. #33  
    if nothing else works... Return it before the 30 days is up!! Don't let anyone say wait for the next update. The next update could be in 32 days..

    Again i have a Blackberry Storm and should have returned it... but i stuck it out and waited and waited and waited for an update... I had to use leaked Beta OS's to get better performance...

    But if you have a doubt in your mind.... return it.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxla View Post
    ... a replacement Pre might be worth a try, but returning it makes sense to me...
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  15. #35  
    Brought mine back to Best Buy this morning. Absolute disaster getting things back to Verizon the way they were before. 5 hours so far.

    Tethering, and syncing to a computer rather than internet were my main problems. Didn't like the surface or keyboard but these were minor problems.
    the bottom line is that this phone is not for business users and is not in the Palm tradition. A company called Palm is making the Pre, but the phone and software are only distant, very distant cousins from prior Palm devices.

    My view is that the company was going broke, they sold their software to stay alive and then brought in some Apple folks to create an Iphone competitor. It was not about continuing the Palm tradition, it was about survival.

    In what way, if any, does the Pre resemble older palm devices?

    Yes. They both have keyboards. On the old phones you could use either the stylus or your finger. No longer. No more pinpoint touching with a stylus. Finger touch sensitivity only.

    I waited a long time for Palm to improve upon prior phones. They didn't. They through the baby out with the bathwater. I am sad because I know that my 755p will become a dinasoar and become extinct.
  16. damanj23's Avatar
    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    #36  
    ive had this same issue in my house. One second I have 3 or 4 ev bars, then all of a sudden I am at 1x.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    I feel like they'll be a workaround to tether soon. That's how it goes for most phones.
    You are correct. I believe that June Fabrics the makers of PDAnet are already working on an app to tether the phone.
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by advocate2 View Post
    Brought mine back to Best Buy this morning. Absolute disaster getting things back to Verizon the way they were before. 5 hours so far.
    I wish I could point back to this post in-response to all the many MANY members who claimed that there was no reason not to get the Pre because you could always just take it back.

    Sorry you had this problem, by the way.

    Quote Originally Posted by advocate2 View Post
    Tethering, and syncing to a computer rather than internet were my main problems.
    That I don't get.

    I realize that I've been immersed in Pre rumors for months, if not years, but how did you purchase this phone without knowing that it didn't tether or sync to a computer?!

    Quote Originally Posted by advocate2 View Post
    Didn't like the surface or keyboard but these were minor problems.
    the bottom line is that this phone is not for business users and is not in the Palm tradition. A company called Palm is making the Pre, but the phone and software are only distant, very distant cousins from prior Palm devices.

    My view is that the company was going broke, they sold their software to stay alive and then brought in some Apple folks to create an Iphone competitor. It was not about continuing the Palm tradition, it was about survival.

    In what way, if any, does the Pre resemble older palm devices?

    Yes. They both have keyboards. On the old phones you could use either the stylus or your finger. No longer. No more pinpoint touching with a stylus. Finger touch sensitivity only.
    Maybe I'm thinking too much about third-party software like Kinoma 4 EX, but the apps seemed to be moving further and further from finger functionality.

    Quote Originally Posted by advocate2 View Post
    I waited a long time for Palm to improve upon prior phones. They didn't. They through the baby out with the bathwater. I am sad because I know that my 755p will become a dinasoar and become extinct.
    I've been thinking about my 755p, too. It's still rock solid (well, as solid as it was before, anyway... which is to say it's a firmly stiff sponge. )

    I don't know what to do when it starts freaking out on me. Hopefully, Palm will have addressed my major Pre concerns by then... or maybe I'll find a way to address them myself.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  19. #39  
    My EVDO connection is fantastic...
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
  20. NSXLA's Avatar
    Posts
    99 Posts
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
       #40  
    calling sprint
Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 12345671252 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions