Page 11 of 59 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    There's a big difference between quirks and major loss of basic functionality that can be found in an aging 13yr old OS made by the same company. Right now as a business tool, the Centro or 755 wins over the Pre because Palm saw fit to dumb down certain functions. I sure hope it's not the fault of Rubenstein bringing in some Apple philosophy, but either way, the Pre is more dumbphone than it is smart phone when you consider smartphones were originally the blending of a PDA and a phone.

And unlike a woman, you can use and abuse the hell out of a phone for 30 days, return it with no consequences and get one that better suits your needs. Well you can do that with a woman, but you'd pretty much be an a-h*le. You can also take insurance out on a phone to replace a defective or broken one.
    did you get one crogs? how do you like it? how about the rest of you regulars?
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I waited in line at my local Best Buy from 5am until 10am on launch day. My local store was only getting 2. luckily I was the only one there. The first Pre they activated had a radio problem and screeched horribly on any call so the rep gave me the other / last Pre. The Best Buy rep also talked me into getting the protection plan from them stating if anything went wrong I would be given a loaner phone and they would get me a Brand New Pre in days. Well today is Monday and starting Sunday night I noticed a dead pixel (it is easier to see on dark screens) now today there are like 7 dead pixels and when you close the phone it will blank out, freeze and you have to restart it. I called Best Buy of course they have no Pre anywhere around me I told them about the plan I got from them but they said they would just give me my money back and a rain check. So I talked to Best Buy online they told me to return it and buy a different phone. UUUGH!!!! I told them I came back to Sprint just for the Pre! Then the online rep. told me since I have the protection plan from them I could get the loaner phone until a Pre comes in but I have to pay a $150 deposit!!!!!! I am so mad right now I LOVE THE PRE!!!!!! Even though I was going crazy waiting for it since January I feel they may have released it to soon I have heard other people with the same issues. I LOVE THE PRE I hope things get better.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Considering your respectful post from a day or so, ago, I'm surprised that today, you're acting like you haven't learned anything.

I'll answer your question, though, if it will help. I think your passion is a great thing to have here. I'd rather not see you banned or ignored or fanboyish or whatever. Here's my take:

When people give *honest* criticism, even to friends or about things they hold no true animosity toward, they do us all a service. In this case, the o.p. may have (and apparently did) saved other users the hassle and wasted time of trying to use the Pre - if their needs matched his.

It was a good reminder for someone like me who, like you, is passionate about these devices. I WANT a Pre so badly, but I'm struggling with the part of me that SEES all of these things that are impractical for my needs. A post like this one HELPS me keep my mind right so I can make a smart decision (or at least a dumb one with my eyes wide open ).

Anyway, sorry for going on so long. This community is well-served by both the cheers and the criticism. It's also well-served by the practical and the passionate (like you). We just need to keep some of the extremes from ... getting too extreme.

I think that's what you were trying to do, but I think you were off the mark, this time.
    LIke I "haven't learned anything"? What? Does confrontation scare you? Does it make you uncomfortable? Remember, again, we all have our opinions. And if you think what I said, isn't alive at Treo/PreCentral, you are blind Sir..

You tell me if you would appreciate your family being negative around you, and towards what you are trying to do or trying to buy, and you still think nothing of it.. Guarantee that wouldn't be the case.
    Returned mine today as well. I really wanted to love the Pre, and I was so happy to be back to Palm. I previously had a Treo 650, and a 755p.

There was a lot that I liked about the Pre, but in the end, crippled Bluetooth and poor battery life were deal breakers for me.

Back to my iPhone, which I'm not thrilled about, but hopefully, when Palm addresses some of these issues, I'll be back.

Good luck to everyone !
    iPhone on AT&T, Waiting for the Pre
    i think long-time 5+ year PalmOS heavy PIM users will not like the Pre. real business users with heavy PIM needs will not like the Pre. maybe i'm not the Pre's target market?

Palm built its reputation on world class PIM with the original Palm Pilot. webOS and the Pre throw all of that great PIM history out the window. i wish they would have copied over the PalmOS PIMs over the webOS and build around that. do whatever you want, but don't mess with the PIMs. at this point, if PalmOS gets EOL, i can see myself going to WINMOB. hopefully by then WINMOB 7 will be out by then.
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    LIke I "haven't learned anything"? What?
    YES.

YOU were the one who started a thread APOLOGIZING. Do you do that if don't think you didn't anything WRONG?

Does confrontation scare you?
    Please. If I were afraid of confrontation, would I be telling you these things, right now? What I'm "afraid of" is losing the friendly tone of a community.

I'm "afraid" that someone like you who feels passionately about these topics, like so many of us, will make the move from passion to zealotry.

Does it make you uncomfortable? Remember, again, we all have our opinions. And if you think what I said, isn't alive at Treo/PreCentral, you are blind Sir..
    What?

I know we all have our opinions. You seem to have forgotten that when you replied to the o.p., though.

You tell me if you would appreciate your family being negative around you, and towards what you are trying to do or trying to buy, and you still think nothing of it.. Guarantee that wouldn't be the case.
    If I were thinking about buying a car and one of family members told me they bought it already and got rid of it... then listed a ton of REASONABLE causes for having done so, I'd hug'em.

They'd be HELPING me. You don't seem to get that but it's way past time that you did.

Obviously, you think my advice has nothing of value in it for you. I'll spare us both some headaches and put you back on ignore.

I do wish you the best, though.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    i think long-time 5+ year PalmOS heavy PIM users will not like the Pre. real business users with heavy PIM needs will not like the Pre. maybe i'm not the Pre's target market?

Palm built its reputation on world class PIM with the original Palm Pilot. webOS and the Pre throw all of that great PIM history out the window. i wish they would have copied over the PalmOS PIMs over the webOS and build around that. do whatever you want, but don't mess with the PIMs. at this point, if PalmOS gets EOL, i can see myself going to WINMOB. hopefully by then WINMOB 7 will be out by then.
    I can understand this point of view. I am not a big PIM guy - I need everything that comes with Exchange, but I can live with it in just about any format. Have had a Storm, iPhone, 2 WM devices and now a Pre in the past 8 months and I adapted to them all rather quickly. I also need a good phone and mine seems to be better than yours - and it is as good or better than my Touch Pro. I need a browser - plus, plus on that one. I am already pretty used to it - though I find I could use a directional pad for typing only (never used it for nav in other apps). As with every new phone I have used, there is a little bit of adaptation time - and I have a feeling OS updates will come faster than usual and will take care of some issues. Now, if we are still on v1.0.2 6 months from now, I'll be off to the Touch Pro 2 or the new Blackberry. But so far, I love webOS and all of the gestures associated with the Pre - and I have even mastered the keyboard since Saturday!

Good luck.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Quote Originally Posted by Presprit View Post
    The OP has detailed his issues and all of them sound very valid. I hope some of Palm PMs are following these threads. Product development/enhancement through user feedback is one of the best ways to keep a product relevant and ahead of the curve. Even Steve Jobs can envisage all the ways a user might use the device.

Everyone buys phone or any device gadget for two or three primary applications. They don't have to match. My requirements of what I want to use Pre for can be very different than yours. Old PalmOS had a very good PIM when it first came out a decade back. For some reason Palm team has not paid to much attention to PIM functionality. May be they reasoned it is lower priority for most of their target base. I don't know. It is only a software development issue. On the bright side it is easy for them to fix it. Or for a third party developer to step in. After all th OP did say he will look at it again in 6 months.

You are doing exactly what you accuse the OP of.
    It appears to me that Palm has moved their priority into the personal use side of the smart phone spectrum. They seem to have lost a lot of their business status to blackberry and winmo phones. I knew when they created a treo that ran winmo that they recognized they were in trouble in the business market.

I think that is why you see more personal centric apps to compete with the iphone. it appears that the main features marketed on this phone is the facebook and gmail integration... which are both primarily for personal use. The highest downloaded app (i know the pickens are slim in that category now) is pandora... once again an app for personal use.

Unfortunately by focusing on these aspects to combat the iphone (which isn't a very business friendly phone either) they were left to ignore the core PIM functionality that P-OS was built on.

This doesn't make the pre a bad phone or palm a bad company. it just means that they are focusing their efforts in a different demographic.

Sorry for the ramble... i've read a few of these threads today and wanted to share my thoughts.
    Quote Originally Posted by wahili View Post
    Look dont be fan boys some of you.
    Every single one of these are valid points.
    For casual users, this phone is great. For people looking to replace their iPhone even these phones are great because I had an iphone for a month and as a Business power user, the iPhone was and still is useless to me and while the Pre isnt AS useless to me, its still no good to do what I need which is to be able to do things very rapidly. This is about efficiency for me not playing with a new experimental beta toy.

I will challenge anyone to beat me on my Centro in a speed test with a pre on regular day to day activities with one hand while running around in an airport or while driving down the highway which includes copy and pasting with one thumb. Having the contextual menu button removed really slowed down straight up efficiency without a doubt.

(don't tell me you don't text/google maps/contact search + drive ever because you know you have)

Now it has just become that much more dangerous because the Pre really requires your full attention to do anything one handed with the keyboard open without dropping the thing.

This sucks.. i really looked forward to this phone.
    i never owned a palm phone before this, so i can't speak to the PalmOS, i can tell you that the Pre is a very good casual user phone but for power users, this phone comes up way way short. i am on the road a lot and need to stay in constant contact with my folks. i was using a BB 8330 before i got my Pre. that phone did EVERYTHING WELL. emails, NP, battery life NP, voice activated dialing, NP, sync with outlook was NP. the only thing i had trouble with the blackberry was logging into websites (ie banks, etc.) the pre does the latter, but everything else has been a pain in the ****, if i even got the phone to do it at all. and as a sidenote to Palm, when you put out a new phone, with a new OS, try including a real freaking owners manual. i havent spent this much time on the web trying to learn how to do crap since i stopped playing everquest. i am committed to this phone now (i sold my blackberry at 1 hour after i bought the pre and the line is not upgradeable) so i have to live with it for a while, but i am real sorry i got rid of my crackberry.
    conclusion - exchanged Pre for a new Centro this morning. did a restore of all of my data and i'm back in business. the Pre is just not for me. i'm a heavy PIM and email business user and i need rock solid PIM and email functionality. they left that out when they made the Pre.

Centro is basic but it gets the job done.

good luck and best wishes to all.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by quiksilver View Post
    It appears to me that Palm has moved their priority into the personal use side of the smart phone spectrum. They seem to have lost a lot of their business status to blackberry and winmo phones. I knew when they created a treo that ran winmo that they recognized they were in trouble in the business market.

I think that is why you see more personal centric apps to compete with the iphone. it appears that the main features marketed on this phone is the facebook and gmail integration... which are both primarily for personal use. The highest downloaded app (i know the pickens are slim in that category now) is pandora... once again an app for personal use.

Unfortunately by focusing on these aspects to combat the iphone (which isn't a very business friendly phone either) they were left to ignore the core PIM functionality that P-OS was built on.

This doesn't make the pre a bad phone or palm a bad company. it just means that they are focusing their efforts in a different demographic.

Sorry for the ramble... i've read a few of these threads today and wanted to share my thoughts.

+1

Great post
    my Pro came today by accident. My rep entered the wrong sku so a bunch of us all got Pro's instead. So my Pre won't be here till tomorrow or Wednesday. I have a feeling Wednesday since I didn't get a tracking number tonight. My statements are all based off of what I've seen and read. No first hand experience yet. I do know what I like and use in the PalmOS, and I know some of those things I won't have in the Pre. The questions for me will lie in the ability to find workarounds and see if 3rd parties will follow through if Palm doesn't. I've been an Agendus user for quite awhile so it's a big big step backwards going from Agendus & PalmOS to the Pre's PIM. The big thing for me is not daily use, it's for the times when I need to find or access something. The daily use is more on how information is entered so I do have that extra access when I need it. So if I can only enter basic information, it makes it extremely difficult to look up, sort through and organize reports if I can't manipulate that info.

I'd imagine if you're coming from a dumbphone the Pre might be heaven, but for people that heavily rely on pda functionality (and I'm not necessarily talking about power users), it appears it'll be a frustrating transition. I'd love to have a gorgeous screen with more media capability, better web browsing experience and a nicer experience with Office docs, pdfs and such; but it does seem like it'll come at the expense of the PIM functionality I rely on, and that is a huge question mark. Hopefully Wednesday night will be the night I do the transition. So I won't really get a chance to play until the latter half of the week. The other big downer for me is the ability to download from the browser. With only 8gb of space I was looking forward to bookmarking a bunch of pdf and video links for work to temporarily download on an as needed basis so I can maximize my memory for music and personal things. So far it seems like I won't be able to do that. But we'll see. Being on the outside looking in isn't ideal to make judgments. Seeing how some of the regulars are responding, it just doesn't seem like it's going to be smooth sailing, and the major complaints (outside of some hardware issues(battery life, signal strength) seem like things Palm could've easily implemented. And I would really love to hear the mindset of why so many things were dumbed down. I just have a feeling I wouldn't care for the answers.

did you get one crogs? how do you like it? how about the rest of you regulars?
    To add....if I don't like the Pre, I'd probably give the Pro a shot. I didn't play with it at all, but aesthetically I liked it. Screen size, layout, width and thickness. I've played with a Moto Q, and I've owned Win CE devices. I'm sure I could have some fun with the Pro. But I'm also interested in seeing if Sprint comes through with an Android phone from either Samsung or HTC. I'm just ready for a more visual and involved experience with a phone. The Centro meets all my needs, just not any of my wants. So far it seems the Pre is almost the opposite. We'll see.
    Last edited by crogs571; 06/08/2009 at 10:15 PM.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    my issues -

1. Sound Quality of Phone - Awful hissing and humming in background.
    2. i like the Contacts, Calendar PIMs of the old PalmOS. it just works. the webOS PIMs aren't as clean, simple, intuitive, and easy as PalmOS.
    3. keyboard - while the keyboard isn't smaller than Centro, it is more uncomfortable to use. why? the end of the keyboard is sharp and it slices at my hand sometimes when i try to type. the sides are sharp too. also, the whole keyboard piece (that bottom of the phone) is thin and hard to hold vs. a candy bar. and the device is not balance properly when open. i always feel like i need two hands to use it. unwieldy and flimsy.
    4. slider - i'm tired of opening an closing it to get at the keyboard.
    5. responsiveness consistency unpredictability of WebOS - it didn't always do what i wanted it to do. i'd press a button and sometimes it would respond and other times not. Centro PalmOS might be simple but it JUST WORKED. WebOS has a mind of its own. OS gets shaky and chuggy and wobbly and it scares me holding my data. it was also unpredictable - many times doing a different thing for the same action.
    6. battery life sucked. abysmal. all of this pushing and pulling and synergizing has a price.
    7. multitasking - what multitasking? saving and icon to be brought up later is not multitasking! on my old Centro i can listen to STREAMING RADIO like Pockettunes while i surf the web or do email. i can't stream Sprint TV/Radio and do something else on the Pre. havent tried Pandora but i want live radio stations! and i opened up like 5 basic cards (3 were PIM) and it made me shut them down WTF? jumping back and forth from card to card with a hefty elay is not fun multitasking for me.
    8. WindowsMedia Streaming - i like bloomberg radio etc. - can't stream it on PRE! Centro had no problem with WMA streams!
    9. Synergy - i don't like it. i want a CENTRALIZED MERGED location for my data and the ability to move it whereever i want. with Pre/WebOS - in EAS my data is trapped in that EAS work server account. if i leave my employer, i better TRY to back up the Outlook data from the Outlook side in the nick of time. because once i'm disconnected from that server - the data is trapped in the PRE and no way to get it out. i don't like this. with Centro, all i have to do is change the EAS settings to a new server and sync and i'm good to go. can't do that with PRE. it puts my data in a locked proprietary silo that i can't get at.
    10. Google Calendar/Contacts - suck.
    11. Lack of SD Card - sucks. i want to Auto Backup my data to SD.
    12. flimsy/clumsy USB door - yeah i can use touchstone to charge it but what about in the car?
    13. No 5 Way - i miss that easy simple navigation. poking around with my finger is inaccurate and clumsy.
    14. No "Select All" in Copy/Cut/Paste. sorry that Orange/Shift Key dance doesn't cut it.
    15. Gesture area - annoying. holding the device i hit it all the time and do stuff and launch stuff i dont want to.
    16. intermittent charging failure is a problem. i can't have a device that sometimes wants to charge and sometimes doesn't. not sure if this is a software or hardware bug but i'm tired of trying to track it down. my phone is my lifeline and i cant have a phone that sometimes wants to charge and sometimes doesn't.
    17. Browser - seems great at first but the font is so small - in tired of constantly pinching and squeezing.

there's probably a few more that i can think of and will add later.

i've used PalmOS devices for 10+ years - III, IIIx, V, m505, m515, T, T3, 600, 650, 700p, Centro and i REALLY wanted to like this phone but i can't. i never used an iphone so i can't compare. but it pains me to write this and it pains me to return this phone. it also pains my wallet because i gave my perfectly good Centro to my sister on Saturday so i have to buy a brand new Centro. it will only be $50 after rebate but it's the principle. at least my sister has a nice phone she likes.

there are some great things about the Pre - the beautiful display is nice. and the GMAIL IMAP PUSH instant email is nice too. but i can't find much more.

this has been a good experience although a little painful. the positives are it forced me to clean up my PIM data and move to GMAIL for personal email - something i've been putting off forever. and i had the thrill of a new device - which faded too soon.

lessons learned -

1. always do a "Frozen in Time" Last Backup of your old device in its format before you migrate to the new device. On SD Card or USB Drive if you can. you need the time machine to get back if there's trouble in the future.
    2. always keep your old device and accessories for a minimum of 2 weeks before you sell or give them away. even if you THINK you love the new device at first.
    3. be skeptical of 1.0 generation devices. don't believe the hype.

i hope all of you that bought the PRE do really enjoy it. this is obviously just my personal opinion. so i go get another Centro and put alll of my data back on it so all will be right again in my world. i've said this before but PalmOS is like an old shoe. it's not the flashiest thing, but it sure is comfortable and worn in and just feels good. my only concern is - where do i go when PalmOS is EOL?

10am can't come quick enough!

best wishes and good luck to all!

Funny I've had none of these issues
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    my Pro came today by accident. My rep entered the wrong sku so a bunch of us all got Pro's instead. So my Pre won't be here till tomorrow or Wednesday. I have a feeling Wednesday since I didn't get a tracking number tonight. My statements are all based off of what I've seen and read. No first hand experience yet. I do know what I like and use in the PalmOS, and I know some of those things I won't have in the Pre. The questions for me will lie in the ability to find workarounds and see if 3rd parties will follow through if Palm doesn't. I've been an Agendus user for quite awhile so it's a big big step backwards going from Agendus & PalmOS to the Pre's PIM. The big thing for me is not daily use, it's for the times when I need to find or access something. The daily use is more on how information is entered so I do have that extra access when I need it. So if I can only enter basic information, it makes it extremely difficult to look up, sort through and organize reports if I can't manipulate that info.

I'd imagine if you're coming from a dumbphone the Pre might be heaven, but for people that heavily rely on pda functionality (and I'm not necessarily talking about power users), it appears it'll be a frustrating transition. I'd love to have a gorgeous screen with more media capability, better web browsing experience and a nicer experience with Office docs, pdfs and such; but it does seem like it'll come at the expense of the PIM functionality I rely on, and that is a huge question mark. Hopefully Wednesday night will be the night I do the transition. So I won't really get a chance to play until the latter half of the week. The other big downer for me is the ability to download from the browser. With only 8gb of space I was looking forward to bookmarking a bunch of pdf and video links for work to temporarily download on an as needed basis so I can maximize my memory for music and personal things. So far it seems like I won't be able to do that. But we'll see. Being on the outside looking in isn't ideal to make judgments. Seeing how some of the regulars are responding, it just doesn't seem like it's going to be smooth sailing, and the major complaints (outside of some hardware issues(battery life, signal strength) seem like things Palm could've easily implemented. And I would really love to hear the mindset of why so many things were dumbed down. I just have a feeling I wouldn't care for the answers.
    lessons learned -

1. always do a "Frozen in Time" Last Backup of your old device in its format before you migrate to the new device. On SD Card or USB Drive if you can. you need the time machine to get back if there's trouble in the future.
    2. always keep your old device and accessories for a minimum of 2 weeks before you sell or give them away. even if you THINK you love the new device at first.
    3. be skeptical of 1.0 generation devices. don't believe the hype.

let us know how you make out. i value your opinion as a real business user - as opposed to like say a faux scientist, student, clerk, help desk employee, lab tech, bottle-washer, etc.
    Last edited by Gekko; 06/08/2009 at 10:42 PM.
    oh I'll be fully prepared to go back to my Centro without missing a beat. I'll have a backup in PD and on an mSD card. I'm sure I'll have Outlook on my computer with a migration to that as well as google. Gotta explore all the bases. I also have a green and black centro. Since they were cheap, it was easy to keep a backup.

I had a Sprint employee on facebook tell me to not worry and that Palm hasn't abandoned it's old PalmOS customers. I think she was smoking crack. I said long ago on here that I no longer have any loyalty to Palm. The death of PalmOS on top of the lack of support for their old ways was ensuring that. Hearing all the negatives that just reinforce their abandonment of all that was Palm just reinforces that statement. Again, I want to love the Pre, but I definitely won't be going into it with illusions of grandeur anymore.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    I've been using Palm devices for many years, and my Centro has been seeing equal use for Business (email, text messaging, VNC, Outlook calendar, and occasional tethering), and Pleasure (pTunes, Sling, browsing, Garmin car navigation). In the end, I'm feeling like Gekko, as I find myself picking up the Centro vs. the Pre that is on my desk each time I need to do something.

I'm going to wait the 30 days before I most likely return the Pre, but unless some substantial updates / 3rd party apps come out between now & then (doubtful), I'm returning it. As others have said here, no doubt -- probably best to see what the platform looks like in 6 months, as 1.0 rev feels a bit like .7 right now.
    My Palm phones: i500 --> i550 --> 650 --> 700p --> Centro
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by billybennett View Post
    Why do people insist on posting these stories? They aren't looking for a second opinion... just complaining.
    I appreciated the post, as it helps me in my decision to move from Centro to Pre. Somethings may not apply to me, but the more info the better.
    I went back yesterday to my Treo 755p and could not be happier. Everything Gekko said is 100% true for me as well I think the Pre is going to get me killed - it takes way too much time to do things and I do use my phone while driving. Maybe 2.0 will be better - Ill try the iPhone 3Gs first! This really suck I wanted the Pre to work for me so bad, been a palm user since the Pilot 1000 days.
    This thread reminds me of some of the Storm threads on Crackberry when it came out. Many long time BB users just did not like the Storm and quickly returned to their old-faithful. I have not used POS since January '07 when I traded my 650 for a Moto Q. I miss nothing from POS and maybe that makes it easier for some of us?
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I want to start off by saying that this is a great forum for all things Pre. I have had some mild interest in the Pre since it was announced but was really worried about the Sprint network. Late last week having had it with my BB Storm I decided that I was going to try the Pre so I was in line by 5:30am on Saturday morning at position number 5; I walked out of the sprint store at 8:30am a happy new Pre owner.

I have got to say I was and still am impressed with the Pre and surprisingly the Sprint network. I think the build quality of the pre is very good, and the keyboard is great for a phone this size, the people that were knocking it are just iPhone fan boys. Also the browser is great, I have not seen another mobile browser that compares to it in the way it renders pages and speed. I really like the cards and gestures - they really make the phone a pleasure to use.

I do however have some issues, the most critical one for me I hope is a bug... I have had an issue twice now where I go to bed and the phone is working, when I get up the next morning the phone still turns on but does not communicate with the cell network. The phone will show a full signal (it should as I live next to a sprint tower) but no EV logo and I can't make or receive calls; putting it into Airplane mode for a second will fix it. You can see a screen shot of the problem attached to this post. This is a major problem for me since I must be available 24x7 for job, part of being on call.

Aside from the bug stated above I find there are just to many basic features missing from the pre, like the ability to invite attendees to meetings from the handset, the fact that when I use the touchstone to charge it the screen stays on and you can't turn it off (Really? This is the biggest oversight on this device), there are many more and I am not the only one to point them out. I realize this is a v1.02 devices and it will get better in time. I hope Palm addresses some of these issues and I will for sure give the Pre another look. For now it's back to my Blackberry Storm, or as I like to call it the Brick since it locks up all the damn time (it's gotten much better since the latest update).

I will be watching the forums over the coming months to see if you guys get the problems fixed you are fussing about...

BTW - Anyone in Knoxville, TN dying to have this phone and can't get it? I would be willing to do a transfer of responsibility for the price I paid for the phone, just send me a message.
    Attached Images Attached Images