Page 10 of 59 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
    I love mine. I was one of the people who was dead set on waiting for a "Pre2" with SD or more memory. I went to the store to play with it and after seeing the possibilities of the OS in about 2 minutes, I gave in. It has its quirks, bugs, missing features etc. but I was well aware I would be BETA testing when I got it. This device rocks, plain and simple. There are a few things I really miss from PalmOS and WinMO, but I am more than willing to compromise while Palm works on the OS and gets more updates out. Build quality is about on par with all the other Palm phones I have used. I would love for it to be better, but I have gotten used to it by now. Not the greatest, not the worst either.

I love my little pebble
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    Which is odd when you consider how well PalmOS phones met the needs of those buyers and disappointing for those PalmOS users now on a dead platform with no where to go right now (particualrly if a decent email client is also a requirement).
    Amen.
  3. mea
    Quote Originally Posted by trbobusa View Post
    not me, I love it
    Ok, there were alot of people waiting anxiously for the pre, now i see alot of those names on here that are returning theres ASAP, i know there will be bugs on the first batch, i have had no probs what so ever with mine, there are some things i dont care for like the sharp edges around the keyboard and the glossy back (whisch is a finger print magnet, makes the phone look dirty all the time) but those things i can live with, i still love my treo 755p but it feels like a dinosaur now after having the pre..the videos i watch online are amazing not choppy like the 755, my email was a breeze to set up...you guy still have 28 more days to give this phone a chance, for those of you that have problems like light leakage around the edges of the screen or if it keeps crashing take it back, sprint told me they would exchange it asap if there were any problems..I LOVE MINE and learning more everyday.

so if you are returning yours please post to say why so we can see if opinons and defects compare ...and my batch of phone is 5U9 (6th 7th and 8th number in the serial #, so far all that are 5U9 are free of probs.[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 06/08/2009 at 08:17 PM. Reason: fix quotes
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    Everyone cries about how this phone doesn't work, doesn't do this, or that.. Why do you think we care to read that? If it's a new phone, we want it to succeed and want to try to figure out ways to fix it. about 3/4 of the Pre section are so full of negativity.. it's getting pathetic.
    That's because so many of the Pre's early adopters are existing Palm customers and there is so much to be disappointed in compared to PalmOS. If we could be happy with a Phone with this many limitations we would already own an iPhone. What better way to let Palm know what we want fixed?
    Not a chance in hell i return mine, lol. It's got everything i want and more.
    keeping mine
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    keeping mine, love the iphone but can't survive without the removable battery!!
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Serial 5T9. My batt life SUCKS however it seems alot of peoples does to. I may take mine back and switch to another carrier but I'm not sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjones View Post
    Didn't Sprint/Palm warn that this phone was not business customers? but for me at this early stage it seems to work for me.
    Actually it is the complete opposite...

Sprint | News Release: Sprint to Offer Palm Pre Nationwide on June 6

Pre marks a new wireless crossover standard. Before Pre, you had to compromise when selecting a wireless phone. To get the business features you needed, you had to sacrifice the personal entertainment features you wanted. Pre consolidates your important information – professional, social and personal – into one revolutionary device using an operating system that redefines the experience of living and working wirelessly.

“The argument that you need one phone for work and another phone for play, or that you have to make compromises between business and lifestyle productivity, is over,” said Dan Hesse, president and CEO of Sprint. “With Pre, compromises of the past are history.”
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    Given that this is your first and only post. Sounds like you are a fanboy. So, what's your point in posting here anyway? Keep with what you like and let each of us do the same. Bye, bye!
    That's not what a "Fanboy" is... a fanboy is someone who is unapologetically dedicated to a product or company, blind to any downfalls or negatives. "Mac rulez! iPhone drulz!" "PS3s are the ONLY game system...XBOX 360 is crap" blah blah blah.

This person is not that.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hchavarria View Post
    My serial 5Y9 and I have not had any issues with my Pre. I still don't know what to do because I cannot receive exchange email. My Pre syncs once during setup correctly but fails to sync there after. I will be working on the exchange issue tonight to see if I can get it working. If I can't see to make it work I think I need to return it. I love my pre so far but need corporate emails.
    Mine is 5Y9 too.. no issues yet for me.
    Well, I am starting to think I may have to return my Pre as well. I LIVE by my calendar, and that's the main thing I can't get to work properly. I even completely switched to my Google calendar since it was my only option (I don't have an Exchange server...I was using Novell Groupwise and Syncwise w/my 755p).

I know they warned that the Pre wasn't for heavy business users, but I figured having a calendar sync properly and display appointments properly wasn't that tall of an order. Apparently, it is.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Keeping mine its my new best friend I <3 this phone!
    Apparently Palm and Sprint agree with most of the posters here stating that the Pre is probably not best suited for enterprise customers:

Palm: ‘We Can’t Afford to Sell the Pre to the Wrong Customers’ | Gadget Lab | Wired.com

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    So, other than that you liked the Pre?

Don't expect any sympathy around here. Making disparaging remarks here is like telling people that their kids are ugly.
    THAT is some of THE funniest $#!+ I have read ALL DAY!
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic View Post
    Apparently Palm and Sprint agree with most of the posters here stating that the Pre is probably not best suited for enterprise customers:

Palm: ‘We Can’t Afford to Sell the Pre to the Wrong Customers’ | Gadget Lab | Wired.com
    See, I saw that beforehand, but I don't think of myself as an "enterprise" customer at ALL. Basically, the CALENDAR is the only thing that is make-or-break for me. If it would sync properly w/Google calendar, I'd be satisfied.

Now that I've taken the time to copy all my appointments to Google calendar, I'm getting the weird problem with some appointments showing up as grey boxes with no info in them.
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eharty View Post
    Those of us that require extremely flexible PIM apps to manage our work lives need to realize that we are NOT Palms target buyer for this phone. With 3rd party apps it may eventually fit that need but not now.

Thats kinda funny, as I was told buy 3 different sales reps that the business professionals were the ones that palm was targeting.

If palm is not targeting professionals like they did in the past, who is their target audience?
    Last edited by Vkitty; 06/08/2009 at 08:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    Given that this is your first and only post. Sounds like you are a fanboy. So, what's your point in posting here anyway? Keep with what you like and let each of us do the same. Bye, bye!
    When I first saw this thread, I, too, assumed that we were dealing with a troll. Ten seconds into the first post, I realized that I was wrong.

He didn't do anything to deserve your attack.
    Quote Originally Posted by igaveuponmypre View Post
    I'm posting here because this is where I was learning about the Pre before I bought it. And I referenced this site when I was having issues. I'm posting in case other people with similar needs to mine are looking for information.
    Thanks, I appreciate it.

As much as I complain about the Pre, I still really, REALLY want to like it and want to move on from my 755p before it gets any more dated. Seeing posts like yours makes me want to wait a lil longer.

Maybe more updates will bring it closer to my needs. (Or maybe I'll just stupidly jump in because I can't take it, anymore! I WANT MY PRE NOW!)
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    Everyone cries about how this phone doesn't work, doesn't do this, or that.. Why do you think we care to read that? If it's a new phone, we want it to succeed and want to try to figure out ways to fix it. about 3/4 of the Pre section are so full of negativity.. it's getting pathetic.
    Considering your respectful post from a day or so, ago, I'm surprised that today, you're acting like you haven't learned anything.

I'll answer your question, though, if it will help. I think your passion is a great thing to have here. I'd rather not see you banned or ignored or fanboyish or whatever. Here's my take:

When people give *honest* criticism, even to friends or about things they hold no true animosity toward, they do us all a service. In this case, the o.p. may have (and apparently did) saved other users the hassle and wasted time of trying to use the Pre - if their needs matched his.

It was a good reminder for someone like me who, like you, is passionate about these devices. I WANT a Pre so badly, but I'm struggling with the part of me that SEES all of these things that are impractical for my needs. A post like this one HELPS me keep my mind right so I can make a smart decision (or at least a dumb one with my eyes wide open ).

Anyway, sorry for going on so long. This community is well-served by both the cheers and the criticism. It's also well-served by the practical and the passionate (like you). We just need to keep some of the extremes from ... getting too extreme.

I think that's what you were trying to do, but I think you were off the mark, this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by itsyvonne View Post
    See, I saw that beforehand, but I don't think of myself as an "enterprise" customer at ALL. Basically, the CALENDAR is the only thing that is make-or-break for me. If it would sync properly w/Google calendar, I'd be satisfied.

Now that I've taken the time to copy all my appointments to Google calendar, I'm getting the weird problem with some appointments showing up as grey boxes with no info in them.
    Yeah. My calendar is pretty important to me, too. It's becoming more and more so as the years go by.

I think what you've described, above, is one of the reasons some of us wants a cloud-independent solution. Not that the cloud is so bad or even that we want to avoid it at all costs. It's just that I want good back-ups in case my data is corrupted or accidentally changed. Backing up on a computer allows for that. Maybe even the Palm Profile stuff does, but I'm less familiar with it.

Anyway, I hope they iron out some of this stuff soon so that I can dive in. Today, we were looking at a new place to live and I didn't realize until the last minute that I ought to be recording video to help us remember the set-up and other details. If I'd bought a Pre, I wouldn't have been able to do that (yet).

It goes deeper than video, of course, but I'm just trying to illustrate how very real world scenarios make my 755p so very useful to me in ways that the Pre might not be (yet).

Maybe I should consider carrying both around until the Pre gets updated properly? I dunno. I don't want the 30 days to go by and I don't know if Palm's EVER going to fix certain elements. Then I'll have to decide whether to give it back.