Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. drjosh's Avatar
    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
       #1  
    I have several CDs that I uploaded to my PC and Windows Media Player a long time ago. I transferred the music album files from my PC to the Pre. However, when I turn on the Pre, it does not recognize the music files. It only recognizes the album art. Anyone else have this problem? How do I get around it and get my Pre to recognize the actual music?
  2. #2  
    What format are the files in? Is it one that the Pre recognizes?
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  3. drjosh's Avatar
    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    What format are the files in? Is it one that the Pre recognizes?
    The files are in Windows Media Audio Files. Does anyone know of a way to rip songs off of CDs directly into MP3 format?
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJosh View Post
    The files are in Windows Media Audio Files. Does anyone know of a way to rip songs off of CDs directly into MP3 format?
    Welcome to 1997.
  5. #5  
    You need to download an WMA to MP3 convertor. I had the same issue.
  6. drjosh's Avatar
    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
       #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    Welcome to 1997.
    Lol!
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJosh View Post
    The files are in Windows Media Audio Files. Does anyone know of a way to rip songs off of CDs directly into MP3 format?
    Don't rip with WMP? Seriously there are many many Windows programs that rip CDs to mp3 or any other format. Winamp does it, Audiograbber is good, CDex, I'm sure MediaMonkey or any of the others do it as well.
  8. drjosh's Avatar
    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
       #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
    Don't rip with WMP? Seriously there are many many Windows programs that rip CDs to mp3 or any other format. Winamp does it, Audiograbber is good, CDex, I'm sure MediaMonkey or any of the others do it as well.
    Got it - thanks!
  9. #9  
    Also, in Windows Media Player, if you go to "Organize" or "Library" (depending on which version of the program you have), then "Options." Under "Rip Music," then "Rip Settings," use the drop-down window under "Format" to choose MP3.

Posting Permissions