1.    #1  
    Hey Fellas,

Hopefully we all have the pre and are enjoying it despite its pitfalls (granted its a brand new generation of os)

I have heard some people talking about system sounds not working and the like...

I'm just curious as to what system sounds the pre has...

As far as I know, I only have 2...

A new notification of any kind
    and the swipe up...

I dont have anything else and am wondering if I should be concerned if I'm missing anything...
    From what I have noticed, the system sounds include:

1. "Swipe" swooosh sound when siping cards up/closed.
    2. Email/Text/Viocemail/IM notification
    3. Call tones (when dialing phone#'s)

The call tones sound is what is really annoying me. When I want to be able to hear email/text msg notification, I need to have the system sounds set to full volume. BUT when I do that, the dial tones sound is also full blast and extremely loud and the tones come out of the speakerphone. I wish they would seperate the "system" sounds and the "notification" sounds so you could hear your notifications but not the call tones.
    It doesnt look like we can change the swipe tone to something else or change the notification sound? I can only see how to change ringtone and alarm tones, am I missing it?
    Wow, I have no system sounds. I wonder if that is worth replacing the phone or not. I guess not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprockethead View Post
    Wow, I have no system sounds. I wonder if that is worth replacing the phone or not. I guess not.
    Is your audio switch set to the right or the left?

Also, have you gone into sounds and turned up the system sound volume?
    Yes, both of those have been accounted for, but thank you for the reply.

I actually shouldn't be so dramatic. The sounds are there, but they are so quiet that they might as well not be. I really mean that. I realize that there have been issues and dozens of threads on the ringer volume, etc. But on mine you would literally need to go stand in a coat closet in a library and put your ear up to the speaker to hear that there is any noise coming out, with system sounds turned all the way up. I really mean that, I think it is just my unit somehow.

Anyway, I wanted to adjust the gain on the MP3 files up, but the system sounds seem to not be listed in any of the folders when you plug the phone in as a USB drive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprockethead View Post
    Yes, both of those have been accounted for, but thank you for the reply.

I actually shouldn't be so dramatic. The sounds are there, but they are so quiet that they might as well not be. I really mean that. I realize that there have been issues and dozens of threads on the ringer volume, etc. But on mine you would literally need to go stand in a coat closet in a library and put your ear up to the speaker to hear that there is any noise coming out, with system sounds turned all the way up. I really mean that, I think it is just my unit somehow.

Anyway, I wanted to adjust the gain on the MP3 files up, but the system sounds seem to not be listed in any of the folders when you plug the phone in as a USB drive.
    Wow, yeah, my sounds are pretty loud (which is annoying when it beeps every single time I put it on the Touchstone, but I want it to be loud when I get other notifications so I have no choice), sounds like maybe it is your unit.