View Poll Results: What did you buy on June 6?

Voters
211. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pre + Touchstone

134 63.51%
  • Pre only

59 27.96%
  • Did not buy on June 6 but plan to buy Pre + Touchstone

9 4.27%
  • Did not buy on June 6 but plan to buy Pre only

6 2.84%
  • Did not buy & do not plan to buy

3 1.42%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    so the touchstone can't be used in the car? How long does it take to charge your phone via plug or by touchstone
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by enginyr View Post
    so the touchstone can't be used in the car? How long does it take to charge your phone via plug or by touchstone
    Not yet. I think Palm might come up with a touchstone based car charger. There was a news article some time ago hinting that touchstone in itself would be a line of products.
    Best buy didn't have any, nor did Radio Shack.
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pretastic View Post
    Is this only available online?
    I doubt Sprint stores will carry it, so realistically yes.

In the past, there were very few brick and mortar stores that carried the full line of Palm's accessories. (Exception, when Palm had walk in retail stores).

Online retailers might have it also, the TreoCentral store comes to mind.

Edit, I just thought of this: There are still a few walk-in store fronts that carry a small selection of Palm accessories. I've see them in airports, named "Airport Wireless", link. For example at the PHL airport. They usually have a full wall of current stuff, Treo and Centro last time I looked.
    I bought my Pre and Touchstone yesterday @ a Sprint Store. They did have more Pres than Touchstones. I want to get another Touchstone, but it looks like Palm is only selling them in kits. I don't need another back cover, ac adapter, or back cover, I just need the hockey puck.
    Jimmie Geddes
    First in line in my store in md and purchased 2 pres touchstone and holster
    Fred
    Purchased 2 pre's 2 touchstones 1 car charger 1 holster 1 wall charger
    Quote Originally Posted by enginyr View Post
    It looks like all TouchStone needs to operate is a solid USB power source, say at least 1000ma output... So any USB/car charger with adequate output should work... but of course there is the logistics/mechanics...

Also no one yet seems to have scoped out the TouchStone output (just put a few loops of wire onto an oscilloscope, check out the frequency, etc)... I wonder if there is some chance that the TouchStone may mess with a car's radio... just a poss...

Any guesses as to the frequency (before someone checks it out)? My guess is ultrasonic, but below RF... perhaps around 100Khz, don't want the dogs barking... don't want to radiate too much, have to have small-ish coils, no iron core on the Pre side... 100khz might attract bats though
    Mention Premier if you are Premier and they might give you the 25% off without the black card... But note the Touchstone comes with NO cord so it is not an EXTRA charger....
    ETUTREO300
    Quote Originally Posted by pretastic View Post
    A lot of us want to know how many bought just the Pre vs both the Pre & the Touchstone. All of you who did buy and who didnt, please take this poll.
    you're missing one last option...."Purchased Pre but Touchstone was unavailable or sold out"...this was my situation b/c the store I got my pre at didn't receive any touchstones and another store I visited later only had 15 touchstones to go with their 58 pres...you do the math on that one, lol!! So I'll try to find one tomorrow somewhere.
    Sincerely,

Dwight Shrute
    the Palm website has them:
    Touchstone : Palm USA

Hows the leather slip case? I've been eying it for a bit personally.

Also....Micro USB cables:
    For only $1.69 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 6 ft USB A/male to Micro USB 5 pin male Cable | USB 2.0 Cable - Micro-B Type
    the Palm website has them:
    Touchstone : Palm USA

Hows the leather slip case? I've been eying it for a bit personally.

Also....Micro USB cables:
    For only $1.69 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 6 ft USB A/male to Micro USB 5 pin male Cable | USB 2.0 Cable - Micro-B Type
    First in line in San Jose. Almost didn't get the Touchstone because the other folks were trying to buy several and I had too many questions. Glad I bought it. I will get another with my 25% Premier discount.
    Charger that comes with the Sprint MIFI I snagged at the Party (very sweet) also works well with the Pre..
    ETUTREO300
    I voted that I do not plan on buying a Pre.

The caveat is that I bought one for my wife on 6/6.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    I was 2nd in line on launch day. I got mine. I regret not getting a 2nd one for the office. Sprint store is sold out after launch.
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    you're missing one last option...."Purchased Pre but Touchstone was unavailable or sold out"
    I thought about that but then didnt want too many options. I think people could order the touchstone to be delivered later so I assumed most of the people would still fall under 1 or 2.
    I wanted to get both, but Best Buy Mobile didn't have any touchstone.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123