View Poll Results: What did you buy on June 6?

Voters
211. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pre + Touchstone

134 63.51%
  • Pre only

59 27.96%
  • Did not buy on June 6 but plan to buy Pre + Touchstone

9 4.27%
  • Did not buy on June 6 but plan to buy Pre only

6 2.84%
  • Did not buy & do not plan to buy

3 1.42%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I didn't buy a Touchstone, but only because of money. I had already spent $500 on the phone itself, I just couldn't bring myself to spend another $75 on a charger.

I will likely get it eventually though.
  2.    #22  
    Thanks for taking the poll. I think we need some more responses for this data to be representative but so far:

63% of people who bought the Pre also bought a Touchstone.
    78% of people who havent boguht yet but plan to buy the Pre, also plan to buy a Touchstone.
    I got a touchstone but I thought it was going to be a bad purchase with how expensive it is, but I knew I would want it eventually and I got the 20% off at the store. Turns out the touchstone is a must, I can't open the Pre's USB door(short nails) and the thing feels way to flimsy to use on a regular basis.
    I bought both. They were offering 20% off if you buy 2 or more accessories so I also got the car charger with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Domali View Post
    I got a touchstone but I thought it was going to be a bad purchase with how expensive it is, but I knew I would want it eventually and I got the 20% off at the store. Turns out the touchstone is a must, I can't open the Pre's USB door(short nails) and the thing feels way to flimsy to use on a regular basis.
    I open up the Pre so i can see the keyboard, then open the USB door from there and then close it again.
    I'm actually getting used to the USB flap. I've found that two simple tips make opening it and using it much easier. (1) Slide the keyboard out first, and then you can easily access the bottom flap of the door and pull it out. (2) Instead of pulling it down, simply rotate it so that it's resting position points toward the bottom of the phone. It's easier to do and puts less stress on the mechanism attaching it to the phone.
    One thing that spoiled me about my BlackBerry Bold was the drop-in charging cradle. It's only for charging - not for syncing - but it's a tremendous convenience when you just grab your device and go. No plugging in/unplugging. And the cradle holds the Bold upright so you can see the screen perfectly for when a call comes in or when you get an email. Touchstone does this for the Pre. Is it a necessary accessory? Of course not. But is it a huge convenience? You betcha!
    Verizon
    Bought both - absolutely LOVE the touchstone. Also got the leather case - really like it as it's very low profile on my hip and the clip holds the case to my belt better than any I've ever owned.
    Quote Originally Posted by octobermagic View Post
    1st in line at my store. Got the Pre, Touchstone, and car charger. Car charger will probably go back though.
    haha october same here! I;m going to order the one with the removable micro usb from palm direct.
    I bought 2 pres yesterday at 9:30am. They had run out of Touchstones so I ordered them for shipment.
    I bought both. I actually wanted to get two Touchstones, but they only had them as the kit that includes the special back for the Pre. I would end up with an extra back that I didn't need. Actually, it worked out anyway because the Touchstone kit doesn't even come with a charging cable. (You have to use the one that came with the Pre.)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a Touchstone kit that includes the Touchstone and charging/microUSB cable (minus the special back) for those that want a second Touchstone and already have the special back? And isn't the price on the 2nd kit cheaper? ($50 vs $70)? Does any Touchstone kit include a cable or do you always have to carry the microUSB cable between sites?

The folks at the Sprint store claimed they didn't have the other kit and wouldn't even acknowledge its existence.

Am I wrong about it?

BTW... Love the Touchstone!
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    1st in line at my store in Brooklyn. They had only 6 chargers in stock for launch so i got lucky and got the leather slide as well.
    I did not. 2 major reasons, one is that I only bought the iPhone last November, the other major reason is when I last had a Sprint phone at my current location (Treo 600), service was nearly unusable at home, though in some locations away from home it was better than my ATT service is now. For all I know, Sprint has improved.

I'll just give it another year and see how the Pre does once people can see the real pluses and minuses in the phone, and they provide a version that can work on the ATT network. There are features I miss from my 750 that noone offers yet on the iPhone.
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    i'm not sure how many touchstones were available at the sf mission st store, but they were sold out by the time i was up (#26 in line). my rep double-checked the stock with the rest of the staff & they all said they were out. when my lip started quivering, he went & got the display model for me.
    My journey: PalmPilotPro->PalmPilotIIIx->Treo300->Treo600->Treo650->Treo755p->Pre->FrankenPre2
    I bought just the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnaMayShun View Post
    I open up the Pre so i can see the keyboard, then open the USB door from there and then close it again.
    That's a great tip and makes opening the door much easier. Thanks Door still feels flimsy though =/
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gregg37 View Post
    Bought one Pre and two Touchstones (home and office).
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneAfter909 View Post
    Pre & Touchstone. Wish I would have bought 2 Touchstones.
    It sounds like many don't know about the double touchstone kit. Officially "Touchstone Dual Location Charging Kit". At 140 USDs, it's pricey, you may even get more if you bought two separates.

I priced this using a discount I have, and I can get it for 105 USDs, with no cost for shipping.

• (2) Touchstone Charging Docks
    • (1) International Power Charger
    • (1) Touchstone Back Cover
    Formal link: Touchstone™ Dual Location Charging Kit - Palm Accessories
    Quote Originally Posted by Miner View Post
    It sounds like many don't know about the double touchstone kit. Officially "Touchstone Dual Location Charging Kit". At 140 USDs, it's pricey, you may even get more if you bought two separates.

I priced this using a discount I have, and I can get it for 105 USDs, with no cost for shipping.

• (2) Touchstone Charging Docks
    • (1) International Power Charger
    • (1) Touchstone Back Cover
    Formal link:Touchstone™ Dual Location Charging Kit - Palm Accessories

If you price it as $49.99 x 2 ($99.98) for the charging docks. $19.99 for the back cover and $39.99 for the International Power Charger it would've cost $159.96. So it's somewhat a good deal. I may have jumped on it. Having 2 touchstones would work out great especially at work, not having to plug and unplug the phone all the time.
    The store I purchased my Pre from didn't have any nor did the closest Best Buy. Still looking for one.
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by Miner View Post
    It sounds like many don't know about the double touchstone kit. Officially "Touchstone Dual Location Charging Kit".
    Is this only available online?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast