Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Well some of you may have seen me post but on my original Pre I had to take it back due to a defective screen.. Well on the one with the defective screen I simply turned on WiFI and hit update and the newest version up and running.

New Pre, turn on WiFi, hit update, your phone is up to date.

Why is it showing no update for my newer Pre when I know for sure that there should be an update? Thanks in advance guys!
    Check your device info. It could be preloaded. It should read, Version: Palm webOS 1.0.2
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." L. Ron Hubbard
    If it IS pre loaded, that would be interesting considering these things should have all had 1.0.1 on them out of the box. Check ##786# and see if it has more calls on there than you've made. If so, it's been used.. and they recirculated it.
    ^ I heard that some people who bought their phones yesterday had the update preloaded. Does this mean someone had messed with their phone? Or do you think they may have been mistaken? I find it quite odd myself.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." L. Ron Hubbard
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Mine had the 1.0.2 pre-loaded. I haven't made or received a call on mine yet and the life timer shows 000000.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    If it IS pre loaded, that would be interesting considering these things should have all had 1.0.1 on them out of the box. Check ##786# and see if it has more calls on there than you've made. If so, it's been used.. and they recirculated it.
    whoa, whoa, whoa... I just did the ##786#, and it says LIFECALLS 000676

does that mean that it has made 676 calls? because I know I haven't made nearly that many.

The phone is really loose feeling (there is a noticable gap between the screen and keyboard half). Is it possible that it was used?

I wonder if I can trade it in for a real new phone...
    Mine also has 1.02 preloaded.
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
  8.    #8  
    Has 1.02 pre-loaded after the ##786# it says life calls 234? That's and insanely high number.
    My "lifecalls" says 001302.

What's that mean? I've only made a few calls.
    maybe the sales rep updated it when you were buying? mine was updated when i came home. im not sure if dude ran the update or not. i think he DIDNT because i set up the profile myself and he i dont think touched it again.
    ^ The update takes a while. You'd know if he was doing it or not.
    I think the life calls is the total number of seconds you have used the phone.
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    my life calls is 1907 But life timer is 1. Does connecting to the EVDO network affect this number? like how other phones dial #777? 1.0.2 was preloaded.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    I too was perturbed when I got home and saw that my pre had already been used for 365 calls. I thought "Great" I got an old demo phone which was resold as new".. but now, Monday morning, I see that the number of calls is at 1300+. I can only assume that each time the device connects to anything, it is counting that as a call. I also noticed that my lifedataTX is up to 711561.. this cant possibly be correct. It was 179000 after I did the update. the ##786# screen appears to be having a few issues.... also, my original activation date is 1/1/2005, and warranty date code is 5/10/2009?
    I was first in line at my Sprint store saturday ( was there at 4:45am). Just checked the ##786#.1503 calls!!!!!! This is not my main line phone and I have only made maybe 3 calls on it. I did the update myself. This is puzzling!!!!

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    i have this feeling that there's a reasonable explanation. i doubt life calls means what it sounds like.

what's more disturbing is that the op was able to get a launch phone, then a replacement, and i can't get my hands on one yet (i haven't really tried that hard, to be honest).
    Life Calls is the number of calls that specific device has made. Whether it's in number of calls (dialing voicemail, etc) or being counted as minutes/seconds remains to be seen
    Quote Originally Posted by tprevett View Post
    I too was perturbed when I got home and saw that my pre had already been used for 365 calls. I thought "Great" I got an old demo phone which was resold as new".. but now, Monday morning, I see that the number of calls is at 1300+. I can only assume that each time the device connects to anything, it is counting that as a call. I also noticed that my lifedataTX is up to 711561.. this cant possibly be correct. It was 179000 after I did the update. the ##786# screen appears to be having a few issues.... also, my original activation date is 1/1/2005, and warranty date code is 5/10/2009?
    Now that's weird cause my activation date says 6/6/20009 and warranty date 6/1/2009. I think lifecalls includes like EVDO connections. So don't freak out my life calls is up to 2744.
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    Thanks for the code, there is a lot of good info in there. There is Recondsate and recondstatus in there. Which mine says no. I'm guessing that the Life Calls count is in seconds. Mine says 000599, so I guess I've talked about 10 minutes. Which sounds about right.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    When I check my firmware, it says CC1.1(90). Anyone else see this?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast