Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Hey no one mentioned how the Music and headphone combo was on the Pre. I just finished syncing with itunes and can say that it sounds noticeably better than my iphone. WOW! Very good ear phones, good bass and very good treble!
    Cant wait to start jogging with my phone....when i saw its better i really mean it. Headphones get very loud with no distortion. Very good stereo separation...

Just tested the call quality with headphones, very good.....

I also just did the update and the phone seems to run without overheating now. amazing.
    Come Visit Us at www.parkflyers.com
    That's good to hear. I was wondering how the audio quality through headphones were.

Engadget also mentioned the headphones being very good, except for the fact that they didn't fit well in the ears.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    ^ The earbuds are just a little bit too big..... but they still fit and work fine.
    is the pre supposed to have stereo BT? I am using some Motorola HD BT Headphones and I only get audio out of left side. I wonder if my headset is bad or the pre doesnt do stereo BT
    Quote Originally Posted by darrinaltman View Post
    is the pre supposed to have stereo BT? I am using some Motorola HD BT Headphones and I only get audio out of left side. I wonder if my headset is bad or the pre doesnt do stereo BT
    I used the pre with my S9-HD with no issues.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Yeah, I'm happy with it. I was listening to Pandora while I grocery shopped today and the buds and quality were fine. It's not hi-fi but it's on par or better than the quality I've heard from the Iphone or other mp3 players.

There was a review that complained about the earbuds not staying in their ears, I don't have any issue, they're quite comfortable actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees368 View Post
    I used the pre with my S9-HD with no issues.
    i will have to check my headset or re pair with pre. thanks for info
    re paired and now it works fine. first time i did this i didnt have to put passcode but this time i did. glad it does work!
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    My head phones plugdoesn't quite go in all the way in the Pre's jack. Anyone else have this problem? It seems to me the curved area on the Pre doesn't help any.
    Quote Originally Posted by jtoyo007 View Post
    My head phones plugdoesn't quite go in all the way in the Pre's jack. Anyone else have this problem? It seems to me the curved area on the Pre doesn't help any.
    I also was wondering about this problem, if you mess with the plug your sound gets distorted because the plug doesnt sit all the way in the jack..
    Quote Originally Posted by Solid_MTB View Post
    I also was wondering about this problem, if you mess with the plug your sound gets distorted because the plug doesnt sit all the way in the jack..
    In one of Dieter's reviews he mentions that because of the curved back, the headphones won't go completely flush with the device. However, this shouldn't effect sound quality. I've tested this with the stock earbuds (which I actually like), and a pair of audio technica noise canceling headphones, and they work great.
    Sound quality blows away the iPhone in my opinion. Went home yesterday from launch, loaded some tunes on the Pre and went off to get lunch with a friend and was playing some techno with it and I gotta say, I was very impressed. No noticeable distortion and audio quality was great across the board. They also sound great with my Shure SE530s. This has truly replaced my iPhone!
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    I'm glad someone posted a thread about this. I used my old Treo to stream music pretty much 2-3 hours a day every day (biking to the office, working out, etc...) as well as in my car. When I plugged it into my car's mp3 jack yesterday (also stoked that I could get away from that stupid 2.5 to 3.5 converter) I was blown away by how much better the audio quality was. I've been extremely happy with this!
    I have some Etymotic Research ER4S earphones which are easily some of the best on the market. The Mp3 decoding on the Pre is heads and shoulders above my ipod touch. The reproduction is much more natural without the artificial bass boast that the apple code throws in.

The earphones that come with the Pre are almost as bad as the ones that come with the ipod. I would suggest getting something of reasonable quality to really bring out the best of your Pre. Then you can see how good it really sounds.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    I have some Etymotic Research ER4S earphones which are easily some of the best on the market. The Mp3 decoding on the Pre is heads and shoulders above my ipod touch. The reproduction is much more natural without the artificial bass boast that the apple code throws in.
    Now you just need to switch to the hf2 so you get the built-in microphone too.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    The important thing is that they are black.. Finally headphones that match the phone
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    Yeah, the stock 'buds are pretty nice. Plus they have a mic so you can use them for hands free ops.

I did, however, read somewhere that to play music, u must have stereo headphones. I assume that means that with just the single ear bluetooth, you can't play music over it? I've never had a phone with bluetooth before (yes, my last phone was from the 'dark ages) so I can't confirm/deny any of this.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    I use a tape adapter in my Honda Pilot. If you've heard the audio in a pilot, you know Honda did a very good job on the radio, and with the pre feeding it ... It sounds bloody fantastic!!!!
    Woohoo! I was curious and tested out my griffin smarttalk adapter for the iPod touch combined with the premium zune headset...and it WORKS! The mic works for the phone call and the remote control does end the call as well as control the music. It can't go back though with the 3 clicks, only play/pause or skip to next track. Overall though I'm happy to see I don't have to buy another headset when my current one works great. (^^)
    My ears never fit earbuds I have to use the ones that wrap around your ear, like BrookStone sells. I liked the headphones that came with the Pre, they just don't fit my ear like every other pair of earbuds. I wonder if there is a way to make them fit? Maybe a rubber boot, or somehow attaching the wrap around ear piece or something?

Anyway, I was pleased with the sound quality as well. With my Centro I would play Mp3s, and with my Pro I would stream Sirius to some amplified computer speakers out on my deck. I just put the phone on a charger, plug in the jack to the phone, and plug the speakers into the other socket, and I have music for while I work. The Pre sounds much better, and Pandora is an excelent alternative to Sirius until someone builds an app for the Pre. My only (minor) complaint has already been listed, the speakers make that nasty static noise when you move the cable around like they aren't connecting all the way. Other than that, I am VERY pleased with the music playing capabilities. I wish there was a way to connect it to my Jeep's radio (TJ Wrangler Rubicon) but there is no bluetooth or audio in, and my Sirius receiver only has an Audio Out plug. Oh well.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast