Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    i like the earphones. If the made it in-ear type i would have been VERY happy. I hope they come up with one.
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    Actually yes you can, just hit the repeat button twice. Once for the full list, and the second time just for only the current song playing to be repeated.
    Did not know that. Thank you!
    Is there any bose quality ear buds that you can use the phone with also?
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I've been looking into getting the Motorola S9 stereo headset. Glad to see so many using it and that it works. Wasn't sure if I should get the HD or not. Buy.com has HD for $60 and non HD for $40. Best Buy had S9-HD for $100. Might buy next week.
    I hate the stock earbuds. They are too big, don't stay put, and sound quality blows. No bass, lots of treble, very shallow sounding.

As for the Pre itself, it could be better. Bass is lacking, but everything else is OK.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I'm very happy with the sound quality through (aftermarket) headphones. The stock headset is crap but I only use it for phone calls anyway.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by majikTib View Post
    I've been looking into getting the Motorola S9 stereo headset. Glad to see so many using it and that it works. Wasn't sure if I should get the HD or not. Buy.com has HD for $60 and non HD for $40. Best Buy had S9-HD for $100. Might buy next week.
    S9's are fantastic IMO. I had the S9's for two years and now the S9-HDs. Both are very good so judge by price. If the HD's are $20 more...go for it. Sound quality is better and they've improved on a few design features.

Most notably -

- Raised buttons. Helps when feeling around for the right button and to seal them from sweat (very important)

- Call audio now comes out through both earbuds. S9's only came out left ear
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jrstinkfish View Post
    I've been using the Pre to stream Pandora to my car stereo via the aux jack. It's not high-quality audio obviously, but I was stunned at how good it sounded for streaming audio. To my ears, it sounded better than Sirius (which is sounds like ****e anyway, not saying much), and slapping it on Quicklist provided more variety than any Sirus station could. I haven't loaded MP3s on it (that's what my iPod is for mostly), but I find it cool that I can listen to Pandora while still hearing the occasional GPS announcement
    Just in case you weren't aware, Pandora has a setting to increase sound quality while on cellular network. Its not a big diff but something at least.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Stock buds are quite good and obviously matched to the phone for sound. I have a pair of Bose buds and they are bit too much base with the phone. The stock ones actually sound better. BUT, on my Sony noise cancelling head phones, the bomb!! The Pre sounds fantastic.
    -Dave
    listen to "boom boom pow" by black eyed peas. you get a good range of the low/mid/high bass tones in that song. stock headphones work great but have trouble with the real low bass
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    i tried mine out when i had the Pre, and it sucked! low soft static even when the phone was off, so i used my other head phones n the static was gone. probably a faulty set of buds
    Quote Originally Posted by darrinaltman View Post
    is the pre supposed to have stereo BT? I am using some Motorola HD BT Headphones and I only get audio out of left side. I wonder if my headset is bad or the pre doesnt do stereo BT
    I have the Sony dr-bt50's and am very happy with the BT quality and yes, it is in stereo.

As for the supplied ear phones...I agree with the OP. BEST EVER INCLUDED with my many Palm/Sprint purchases over the years. I'm sure there are better but IMHO and comparing to other "free/supplied" Palm and Sprint headsets they rock. Heck, I don't recall my many other Palm phones even coming with supplied headsets and certainly not stereo/mic headsets.
    Sound quality and ear buds did impress me. especially the bass
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    When your get a call it picks up the call, on a call click the button will end. When your playing music it pauses, and then a double click advances to next track. No previous track it seems.
    I swear my OEM headset doesnt have a button. Been using it for music only. Cant find a pic of the entire headset to compare.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swan View Post
    I swear my OEM headset doesnt have a button. Been using it for music only. Cant find a pic of the entire headset to compare.
    How is that even possible? the button is on the opposite side of the mic. it is slightly raised.

The one thing I LOVE about these headphones are the little magnets on the sides that keep them together. the premium zune headphones are like this too and I just love it. It's the small things that count, not the sound quality... jk
    Quote Originally Posted by chezbi View Post
    How is that even possible? the button is on the opposite side of the mic. it is slightly raised.
    Never mind, lol. I have to laugh at myself, in other words i found it. Thanks
    I need some recommendations for Headphones with a MIC. The stock ones sound good but end up hurting my ears after long use. I have zune premium and love them. Anything like those? Also people keep telling me to use ipod headphones. I have ipod touch 3G and the mic does not work. I make calls and can hear but the mic does not.
    okay so, my stock headphones dont fit into the jack on the pre 2? anyone know why not?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123