Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Ha...you should hear the sound quality with my Bose headphones. Wow!!! I am truly impressed. However the quality w/ no headphones (straight from the speaker) really bites. I can't even get it loud enough to hear Sprint TV at all. And often times I am moving around at work, so wearing the Bose then isn't feasible. Anyone else notice how low the sound is on the speaker? Yes, I adjusted it in settings to loudest setting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nora View Post
    Ha...you should hear the sound quality with my Bose headphones. Wow!!! I am truly impressed. However the quality w/ no headphones (straight from the speaker) really bites. I can't even get it loud enough to hear Sprint TV at all. And often times I am moving around at work, so wearing the Bose then isn't feasible. Anyone else notice how low the sound is on the speaker? Yes, I adjusted it in settings to loudest setting.
    It's low in Sprint TV. I'm listening to music right now (just to test it out) and actually had to turn it down because it's rather loud straight out of the speaker.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    I am loving the stereo bluetooth in conjunction with my car stereo. I can skip tracks from the head unit and when i turn my car off, the music player on the Pre pauses the track. Saweeet! So much better than the aux jack I was using with my ipod touch.
    ok... maybe I'm just dumb but... how does the button work? it answers? it hangs up? what about music? does it skip to the next song? wtf?
    Power to people who can use stock headphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnyvsp View Post
    ok... maybe I'm just dumb but... how does the button work? it answers? it hangs up? what about music? does it skip to the next song? wtf?
    When your get a call it picks up the call, on a call click the button will end. When your playing music it pauses, and then a double click advances to next track. No previous track it seems.
    Palm Pre and Beats by Dr. Dre headphones by Monster...................a match crafted in heaven! The sound is wonderful, Pandora is very cool. If you use the black cord that comes with the headphones it doubles as a headset, not in love with the sound but nonetheless a cool feature.
    We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
    Quote Originally Posted by beret9987 View Post
    They also sound great with my Shure SE530s. This has truly replaced my iPhone!
    Are you serious? The Shure SE530's are $549.00. That is insane.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nora View Post
    Last night I tried with my Bose headphones too and I was blow away with the quality. I do not like the Palm Pre headphones and going to look for a replacement. The Bose headphones are on an airplane but not for everyday use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Centro85 View Post
    My ears never fit earbuds...
    some headphones (my motorokr S9-HD) have multiple sized earbuds in the box. HTH!
    I see pandas.
    Quick question, are there any benefits to the seriously strong magnets on the standard headphones, other than really tight sound. Mine actually stick to each other if the metal parts touch. Interesting.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    I use a pair of Shure SE530 with my pre too, and have to say this is very impressive for a phone (especially coming from a treo700p) the noise level is very low!

Now if the music app will support ogg or flac files....
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsxh View Post
    Quick question, are there any benefits to the seriously strong magnets on the standard headphones, other than really tight sound. Mine actually stick to each other if the metal parts touch. Interesting.
    They're supposed to so that you can loop them around your neck when not in use.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rposa View Post
    I use a tape adapter in my Honda Pilot. If you've heard the audio in a pilot, you know Honda did a very good job on the radio, and with the pre feeding it ... It sounds bloody fantastic!!!!
    I'm using a tape adapter for my Honda Accord, and even with the Pre at full volume and my car radio at full volume I can barely hear anything.
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    I use the Bose earbuds (under $99) and they are amazing. The only issue I have with the mp3 player is not seeing how I can jump from one part of a song to another.
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    I tested my Sennheiser HD585 on the Pre. The headphone audio jack fits in all the way. Sound quality was pleasing. It has the potential to replace my original standalone MP3 player, only if Palm Pre would allow more options on the music player software itself because it is really limited (I can't even repeat a song, really?).
    Quote Originally Posted by yiffzer View Post
    I tested my Sennheiser HD585 on the Pre. The headphone audio jack fits in all the way. Sound quality was pleasing. It has the potential to replace my original standalone MP3 player, only if Palm Pre would allow more options on the music player software itself because it is really limited (I can't even repeat a song, really?).
    Actually yes you can, just hit the repeat button twice. Once for the full list, and the second time just for only the current song playing to be repeated.
    I've been happy with the sound quality from the Pre, but I still wish the music player itself was better--no playlists on the fly, no advanced features like the Creative Zen, no auto-resume of your track when you shut it off and turn it back on...there's a lot missing from the player.
    I've been using the Pre to stream Pandora to my car stereo via the aux jack. It's not high-quality audio obviously, but I was stunned at how good it sounded for streaming audio. To my ears, it sounded better than Sirius (which is sounds like ****e anyway, not saying much), and slapping it on Quicklist provided more variety than any Sirus station could. I haven't loaded MP3s on it (that's what my iPod is for mostly), but I find it cool that I can listen to Pandora while still hearing the occasional GPS announcement
    I really enjoy listening to music on my Pre but prefer to use my own headphones. My Sony PSP headphones are in two pieces. The first piece is a cable with a connector on one end (which goes into the PSP) and the remote on the other. The remote itself has a 3.5mm jack for standard headphones. The second piece is standard el-cheapo sony earbuds with 3.5mm jack. The configuration results in a headphone with an in-line remote. I really love this. Anyone know if there's a similar cable with remote that can be used with the Pre to provide the same flexability?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast