Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23
  1.    #1  
    I have two pre's. One plays the notification sound, but the other does not. I have checked to see that it's set to 'on' in settings. Is this a bug?

    Am I doing something wrong? Is this a known problem?
  2. #2  
    Depends on what it is turned on, for example each email account has their own notification setting.
  3.    #3  
    I want the sounds to happen for texts and IM's. It vibrates, but it doesn't play a sound. It's set to play a sound.
  4. #4  
    I know this is probably a stupid question but is the ringer switch set to off? I have done this a couple times on my 800w and then noticed I was an *****.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    I know this is probably a stupid question but is the ringer switch set to off? I have done this a couple times on my 800w and then noticed I was an *****.
    No I did check that. I turned it on and it does make the phone calls just vibrate. But my notifications only vibrate no matter what the setting.

    Has to be a software glitch, don't see how it could be defective hardware.
  6. #6  
    For emails, IMs, and texts, I either have the option to hear the tone, or to vibrate, so I'm not exactly sure how you're able to turn on both. When you enable vibrate, the play audio option disappears.
  7. #7  
    Mine give me a notification sound for new text messages but not for new email. Didn't think to much of it until now, am I supposed to get a notification sound when new email arrives?

    Edit: nevermind, didn't see there was a specific option in the email account, it was turned off.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    No I did check that. I turned it on and it does make the phone calls just vibrate. But my notifications only vibrate no matter what the setting.

    Has to be a software glitch, don't see how it could be defective hardware.
    Did you try a soft reset? Partial erase? Full erase? If you do a full erase and it still gives you problems then you will definitely know it is a glitch before you spend any time trying to get it resolved. I might go down that route first and see where it leads.
  9. #9  
    i currently have no sound effects, after upgrading to latest build.
  10. #10  
    I have the same problem!
    I noticed this today that my texts only come in on vibrate. I don't have the ringer switch flipped, and I checked the preferences and I have it "play sound". So I don't know whats going on????
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardHowl View Post
    I have the same problem!
    I noticed this today that my texts only come in on vibrate. I don't have the ringer switch flipped, and I checked the preferences and I have it "play sound". So I don't know whats going on????
    Sounds like it's a bug in the display of the settings, because as far as I can see, only one or the other should be able to be enabled.

    Curious, were you originally on 1.0.1, then turned vibrate on in the settings, and then later upgraded to 1.0.2? Because I was on 1.0.2 the whole time and it switches properly.
  12. #12  
    My phone came with teh 1.0.1 software, I might have switched some settings (I dont' remember), but I downloaded the 1.0.2 software within an hour of getting my Pre.

    Also, I noticed the friends I got my pre with, came with 1.0.2 preloaded on their phones? I noticed this when I didn't have a clock app, and they did. Maybe the person in teh sprint store that helped them out downloaded it for them.
  13. #13  
    Yeah, mine was preloaded with 1.0.2. Try toggling off vibrate, and toggling off play sound, and then toggling play sound back on (leaving vibrate off just as a trial) and see what happens maybe?
  14. #14  
    The thing is, I don't have any option for vibrate.

    If I go to Messaging --> Preferences & Accounts

    Under the New Message heading the options I have are :
    Show notifications
    Play sounds

    Both are turned on, however my texts only come in as vibrate.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardHowl View Post
    The thing is, I don't have any option for vibrate.

    If I go to Messaging --> Preferences & Accounts

    Under the New Message heading the options I have are :
    Show notifications
    Play sounds

    Both are turned on, however my texts only come in as vibrate.
    Okay, try turning off sounds and then the vibrate option should appear, and turn that off, and turn sounds back on then?
  16. #16  
    Check the little swtich next to power button on top edge?
  17. #17  
    I think the settings are backwards for notification sound and vibration.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Okay, try turning off sounds and then the vibrate option should appear, and turn that off, and turn sounds back on then?
    Vibrate option doesn't appear when I turn off sounds UGH what is going on.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardHowl View Post
    Vibrate option doesn't appear when I turn off sounds UGH what is going on.
    Sorry, just checked myself, seems like I was wrong. That happens in the Email client, but not in the Messaging client. (Palm, some standardization here might help. )

    Maybe the ringer switch is broken on yours or something, and it's not recognizing it when it gets switched to the left?
  20. #20  
    Similar issue... No notification sounds, but i get a sound when i plug in my charger. Also, when I throw away a card, that "discard sound" isn't playing anymore. did i mess soemthign up?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions