Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I have not had any problems with the two we got...

So much better than the Instinct.
    no issues with my pre or my brothers pre. best phone i ever owned. I think most of the people making complaints would be complaining anyway no matter what.
    No issues here, other then mediocre battery life. It's actually gotten better after an overnight charging cycle though, so maybe there's short-term hope while Palm irons out the firmware.

No stuck pixels.
    No distortion.
    No light leak.
    No crashes/freezes.
    Verizon
    Got 5 Pres on opening day. My whole family is real jazzed about this smartphone. The kids are so happy with Pandora. They seem to be ALL perfect so far. Kudos to Palm.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    We also got 2 on Saturday...absolutely no issues...love this phone! Best phone Sprint has ever had IMO and it will only get better from here with updates and apps!
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    yeah, work productivity still suffering because of changing setups, learning, and just having fun.
    If new apps in the next few weeks keep coming like they are im afraid i might not be getting work done.
    Mine is running perfect! Should I feel guilty?
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Yep! Love the Pre! I few lagging issues but nothing to complain about.

Actually, I do have something to complain about... I can't get any work done! Three days and I still wanna play with the thing Its a PHONE! put it in that nice new leather holster and go to WORK!

...then again I have to practice pulling on the extraction tab on the holster to master the Pre removal, so there are NO fumble finger accidents.
    i got a perfectly function pre...luckily!
    My wife and I both have perfect Palm Pre's
    No problems with the phone, just wish I could shut the screen off when I put it on the touchstone. I can shut it off when I plug it into the wall directly though...weird.
    Everything good so far........less the facebook\aim issue not updating contacts
    Quote Originally Posted by gibsonhtp View Post
    No problems with the phone, just wish I could shut the screen off when I put it on the touchstone. I can shut it off when I plug it into the wall directly though...weird.
    I didn't like that at first, but it's grown on me. I just wish there was the landscape mode for that clock as well.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    I love my Pre. I have only had it freeze up on me once. I do have a dead pixel or two, but nothing that kills my love for the way it works. It works the way i think.

landscape would be nice on some other apps i agree
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I didn't like that at first, but it's grown on me. I just wish there was the landscape mode for that clock as well.
    No kidding, that would be the best if Palm could do that. Also to let us have control over the clocks brightness when it's on the touchstone.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    I just got mine today and it's absolutely flawless! Everything works, no crashes, and I'm simply delighted by it!
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    other than one crash when attempting to download the Update over the cell network on launch day (yeah that was a mistake) its been absolutely flawless. My Pre runs like a dream. I love it!
    Quote Originally Posted by unknownpleasures View Post
    I've been reading and reading and I have absolutely none of the problems that people have been talking about.

I did notice the battery was pretty terrible the first day, but I drained it to 5% and then back to 100% and it's doing much better today.

No bleeding of the screen, no distortion, no freezing or crashing.

I feel really lucky because I have had absolutely no problems.

It does get hot while its on the touchstone, but it doesn't affect the screen at all. I have just been leaving it on the 'stone whenever I am home.

Anyone else luck out with a perfect phone?
    Thanks to my star, I haven't had any of the problems so far mentioned on the thread.

Also no one is going to start a thread if they don't have a problem. I will start a thread and complain only when I have some issues.

Any hardware device will have problems. The key question and the problem that manufacturing pros wrestle with all day long is can they keep these problems to minimum. Can they get completely error free devices at 90%, 95%, or 99%. That tells how good is your manufacturing and quality control process. When you are manufacturing a million devices, even 1% error rate means about 10,000 devices with some kind of problem getting sold to the user. 10,000 is a large number.
    2 perfect Pre's here in Bastrop TX. Mine has seen heavy use, and my wife is actually enjoying and using hers. This is a first.
  20. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Mine is perfect except for the light leakage at the bottom of the screen.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast