Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    wow...I freaking love it.
    It's a nice step beyond the Treo...but unlike the Treo, I can't zoom, change resolution, or shoot videos. I also can't create albums through the phone UI. I need to do it on a PC for some bizarre reason.

In general, that seems to be my experience with this phone - what it does do, it does well, but it also fails to do many of the things a Treo has been able to do for the last half decade...and that is disappointing. Fingers crossed for good apps to come...including apps to replace the marginal launcher and phone dialer.
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    I'll trade video for this amazing speed and quality camera. I just finished bragging about the speed and quality on Facebook only to come here and see this. Glad it's not just me. Best cell phone camera I've had (and I've had EVERY Treo/centro). The amazing quality and speed hugely offset the missing bells and whistles, which can be added later.
    Global Posts
    20,078 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gregg37 View Post
    I'll trade video for this amazing speed and quality camera. I just finished bragging about the speed and quality on Facebook only to come here and see this. Glad it's not just me. Best cell phone camera I've had (and I've had EVERY Treo/centro). The amazing quality and speed hugely offset the missing bells and whistles, which can be added later.
    My thoughts exactly. The Storm was a disaster (still is) because they chose to add everything in at once. No one understands how hard it is. The features will come, one step at a time.
    Its not even just the speed but the quality. A picture I took of my dog is so clear and vibrant and my family didn't believe it was taken with the Pre until I proved it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duvi View Post
    My thoughts exactly. The Storm was a disaster (still is) because they chose to add everything in at once. No one understands how hard it is. The features will come, one step at a time.

Will you trade zoom as well? I needed zoom this morning...and without it, the pictures of my daughter at her practice were fairly worthless.

And why should we need to trade?
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I do think it's a wonderful camera. All other cellphone cameras I have seen produced lackluster pics. These are really rather sharp and nice.
    Yep, would like a zoom feature, but LOVE the quality and the speed.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    I loved the camera on my Samsung A900 (Blade) and was disappointed in the Instinct's camera quality. The Pre beats the Blade camera, which was actually really good. And while a zoom or more options would be nice, I think this is one fine camera. So needless to say, I am very happy with it!

P.S.
    The Pre Advocate at my Sprint store who sold me my phone gave me a cool tip for those of you who like to take self portraits! She said, "you look like you're like me and like to take self portraits for your MySpace or Facebook, am I right?" I was like, "totally!"...she told me that since the button to take the photo is on the screen, it makes for taking your own picture all that more difficult. She found the fix, however! Just press the spacebar...and it works.
    Last edited by ImmaSlave4U; 06/07/2009 at 12:43 PM.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." —L. Ron Hubbard
    Its wonderful (written from my pre) - a definite A+ on this phone...

They need to allow browser to auto zoom in pssword and text fields (such as this quick reply) and I will rate the browser experience as A+ too
    Absolutely awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
    Will you trade zoom as well?

Yes, I would trade zoom. To go from a 0.3 mp on my Treo 680 to a 3.0 mp on a Pre is a staggering step forward. If you take a great picture on your 3.0 mp Pre and like only a portion of the picture, crop it, and -voila- you've zoomed in. It's nice to have a spectacular picture the moment you snap the shutter, but it's no big letdown to take a great picture (like one of your children) and crop it later that day to make it a gem. 3 mp lets you do that, impossible previously with crappy cameras and tiny mp sensors.

I'm psyched for a useful camera after the virtually useless ones on all my Treo's.
    -- Josh
    Global Posts
    20,078 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
    Will you trade zoom as well? I needed zoom this morning...and without it, the pictures of my daughter at her practice were fairly worthless.

And why should we need to trade?
    I would... my iPhone has the best camera ever (prior to Pre, haven't done comparisons yet) and that is w/o zoom. This is also not including any Nokia, but does include all the other devices on AT&T. It's not optical zoom, it's digital, so it's worthless zooming to me.
    I haven't played with it a ton, but the quality is noticeably superior to my bb curve.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Freaking amazing!
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    IMO, its much better than my diamond. so im loving it! cant wait for video.
    hey are any of you having issues emailing the pictures taken with the pre? i'm having major email issues and they seem to be related to the size of the images (about 1.4mb per image is what i'm seeing) taken with the pre. the email just gets stuck in the outbox and i get the error msg saying that there's an error sending email.
    The quality is great and as is MMS... especially compared to the already mentioned earlier treo models (755 in my case)
    I'm not crazy impressed. It's better then my Centro, but my pictures still scream "cameraphone". SO I'd say it's decent, but not stellar.
    Macro sucks. My diamond took pics of text like nothing. I really did not take pics of anythen else though. I love snapping business cards. MY phto album was really contacts
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast