Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    I'm surprised at all the praise. Under certain conditions then the iPhone takes deceptively impressive pictures, but I've yet to find the Pre take one that doesn't look like a camera phone shot. And the quality isnt perfect enough to do barcode scanning for those apps that can use it.

I'll keep trying but the lack of control, video and quality are disappointing (so far). Especially if the iPhone rumors of the frontcam for iChat is for real...
    I was extremely impressed with the camera quality, but was surprised to learn I can't zoom. I'm sure they'll add this OTA, hopefully.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I took it out in the yard today to test it out and I came away pretty impressed. It did well in well lit areas although it doesn't do well for subjects to close to the camera (Hey its not a macro camera). From the image below you'll notice the foreground is out of focus but the background is sharp. It certainly wont be replacing my DSLR but its camera on a phone, looks good to me.

I took this picture of a tree outside my house today, and I have to say I'm fairly impressed:

It's obviously not as good as my digital camera, but for a phone, I don't think I could ask for much more. The color contrast in particular is outstanding.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    This camera is freaking awesome! It really is awesome.

My only complaint is trying to hold up the camera for self shots it's hard to hit the button since it's on the touchscreen. No biggie though.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    I'm surprised at all the praise. Under certain conditions then the iPhone takes deceptively impressive pictures, but I've yet to find the Pre take one that doesn't look like a camera phone shot. And the quality isnt perfect enough to do barcode scanning for those apps that can use it.

I'll keep trying but the lack of control, video and quality are disappointing (so far). Especially if the iPhone rumors of the frontcam for iChat is for real...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikest View Post
    I took it out in the yard today to test it out and I came away pretty impressed. It did well in well lit areas although it doesn't do well for subjects to close to the camera (Hey its not a macro camera). From the image below you'll notice the foreground is out of focus but the background is sharp. It certainly wont be replacing my DSLR but its camera on a phone, looks good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dookie View Post
    I took this picture of a tree outside my house today, and I have to say I'm fairly impressed:

It's obviously not as good as my digital camera, but for a phone, I don't think I could ask for much more. The color contrast in particular is outstanding.
    This.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oo Batman oO View Post
    Macro sucks. My diamond took pics of text like nothing. I really did not take pics of anythen else though. I love snapping business cards. MY phto album was really contacts
    It's due to the minimum focusing distance of the lens/sensor combo
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    count me in the camp impressed with the camera.... they will add more features to the camera but for the first version its excellent. I asked this in another thread but has anybody successfully got the geotagging to work?
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Zoom is good if it is optical. On the treo and centros they were digital zoom which is basically worthless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikest View Post

Holy cow...look at that pin cushion distortion!
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Who uses the crappy zoom on camera phones anyways? Video I can understand, zoom I can not.
    My first digital camera was a Kodak DC260 that I paid $800.00 for. It had the same resolution that my PHONE does now. I'm quite happy with it. As far a video, Palm may have left us a hint. Go to email, click on the attachments icon. You have a choice of sending photos, music and documents based on the icons for what you can send. The fourth icon is a movie camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelone View Post
    You have a choice of sending photos, music and documents based on the icons for what you can send. The fourth icon is a movie camera.
    that could be what it's for but it does have current functionality. It allows you to attach videos that are currently on the Pre.
    I love the camera. It takes great quality pics. I am hoping that they do add more functions to the camera with future updates but for now I am pleased.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet View Post
    Holy cow...look at that pin cushion distortion!
    you should search for the picture of the black car on here. I looks great in the middle but around the edges theres an insane amount of distortion. Looks almost freakish. But the center is really high quality
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jagowar View Post
    count me in the camp impressed with the camera.... they will add more features to the camera but for the first version its excellent. I asked this in another thread but has anybody successfully got the geotagging to work?
    Did you turn on Geotagging in the location services preferences?
    The camera's picture quality is almost on par with my 7.2 Exilm, the pictures look just as good and the flash is great.
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
    Will you trade zoom as well? I needed zoom this morning...and without it, the pictures of my daughter at her practice were fairly worthless.

And why should we need to trade?
    For those, you use a proper camera (any P&S with zoom will do). I saw people at my niece's graduation taking pics with a Nintendo DSi. I mean, REALLY?
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
    Will you trade zoom as well? I needed zoom this morning...and without it, the pictures of my daughter at her practice were fairly worthless.

And why should we need to trade?
    Zoom on cell phone cameras is a joke. It just crops and blows up a section of the photo. You can easily do that in Photoshop or even Paint.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1quick1 View Post
    This camera is freaking awesome! It really is awesome.

My only complaint is trying to hold up the camera for self shots it's hard to hit the button since it's on the touchscreen. No biggie though.
    spacebar works to.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast