Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    +1. Big up!
    Quote Originally Posted by RenardRouge View Post
    This isn't a valid analogy
    That's because this probably applies to you.. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    From what I'm reading, a better analogy might have been a sporty-looking kit car. Looks great on the outside, but still needs a lot of fixing up on the inside. Not that it won't be fixed up on the inside someday, but not if you purchase the kit today.

I'm just saying...
    But if it's a kit car, it's been made customized.. thus the inside would be nice.. You're thinking of a Nova body restoration with the original 300,000 mile engine and engine bay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Sorry, still haven't read one legitimate complaint big enough to return the pre on this forum.
    Well my man, you obviously have not read the same threads that I have. I read one where a doc have something like 750 memos that he uses all the time and, as far as I can tell now, no way to categorize (or even, more importantly easily transfer them between the device and his computer). I don't know if he can or can't since I don't have a Pre, but if it's true I would call that an issue worthy or a return (for him).

There really are 4 main groups of people on this forum:

1) People looking to gather reassure themselves that they made a great decision to be the "first on their block", all the while getting irritated at ANYONE that would dare to call their new baby ugly.

2) People with a legitimate interest in keeping the device, but want to see if the bugs and their perceived shortcomings of the device can be dealt with.

3) People that can't afford to keep the device because of the shortcomings of one or more aspects of it.

4) Whiners

Anyone that's been around this (or most other phone) forums for a while knows that there is a tendency for these forums to drag out an unrepresentative cross-section of the actual user base, since many people that are having no trouble at all will simply not post.

However, there is a value to having multiple people post issues they are having (hopefully not multiple times), to get a sense of how widespread an issue such as (screen discoloration, crashing when opening/closing the slider etc) is. Unfortunately too many times people (and that would be from all 4 groups above) do not use search and end up starting multiple threads on the same topic

I have read several threads where people were complaining about several issues that simply were cases of them not knowing how to access the functionality that was built in to the advice. Subsequent posters helped them out and that was that.

The OP was well-written and entertaining but the essence of it's analogy is completely incorrect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Sorry, still haven't read one legitimate complaint big enough to return the pre on this forum.
    Well, then, you must be able to at least turn your phone on from standby. After i got my pre home last night, I have tried pushing that dang little round power button hundreds of times, still nothing. WTH? It works fine if something like a phone call or email wakes up the Pre. but I can't get it to wake up?

Im taking it back.
    I see pandas.
    Bad analogy. I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    Well, then, you must be able to at least turn your phone on from standby. After i got my pre home last night, I have tried pushing that dang little round power button hundreds of times, still nothing. WTH? It works fine if something like a phone call or email wakes up the Pre. but I can't get it to wake up?

Im taking it back.
    Sounds like a defective unit. Here's hoping you get a replacement soon and that it works properly.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman View Post
    I bought a brand new Ferrari yesterday. It's the newest model with a new engine and lots of new features. But to put it bluntly, it sucks! I'm returning it and telling everyone not to by the new Ferrari. Here are it's HUGE problems:

- Although it can go from 1-100 mph in 2 seconds, it doesn't handle at all like my minivan which I have driven for the past 3 years. The lights, horn, and sounds are way different than the minivan. The minivan's lights, horn, and sounds worked great for me. Why can't the Ferrari have those same features!!

- My Ferrari didn't come with XM Radio pre-installed. The XM Radio is supposed to be released sometime in the near future. My minivan had XM Radio from the very beginning. I need XM Radio - why couldn't it have been included at launch??

- There are no floormats which fit the Ferrari. The Ferrari store should have them soon, but why should I wait? My minivan had floormats the whole time.

- Although I can race down the freeway at 200 mph, the seats feel funny and don't behave like my minivan's seats. Why couldn't they just use the minivan seats in the Ferrari??

- NO BACK SEATS!! Every other car I have owned have had back seats. I don't think I can keep a car which doesn't have a simple feature like back seats like my minivan.

- I had a lifetime 50-percent off plan on gas with my minivan. But the stupid Ferrari manufacturer won't let me keep that same discount plan on my minivan. But I'm going to keep asking for the discount anyway and I'll remain angry that I can't keep the discount plan forever.

- The new Lamborghini is coming out soon. I bet it's going to be WAY better then my new Ferrari, and I bet it can do everything my minivan can do. It might cost way more per month to operate that car, but it's cool. Those Lamborghini fanboys are laughing at me and my new Ferrari. I want to be more like them.

While it's true my new Ferrari blows every other car away (bright, great looking, runs fantastic, super fast, fun), it doesn't behave at all like my minivan or do everything my minivan can do. I'm taking this piece of junk back and will try to get another minivan.

Anyone thinking of switching to a Ferrari - I say stay with the minivan.
    I love you man!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHolyGrail View Post
    I am in the same boat. I am also a HUGE palm fan. I may keep it though as the hardware is awesome and software can be tweaked. I know a guy at Palm and I understand that the capability to include email and calander in the universal search among items in the next engineering build. I think I can wait for that. Also, most of missing gaps should be filled by third party.
    Seems like 90% of the complaints are from legacy Palm owners. Someone should take a poll on this.

This is my first Palm, thus most of the complaints are lost on me.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Sorry, but the original post is just stupid, not funny. Continuing your Ferrari analogy, the problem isn't that is doesn't handle the same as a minivan, the problem is it's missing basic capabilities, like turn signals, a horn and brakes on all four wheels. And, at least on some examples, every time you close the door the engine stalls, requiring a restart.

Oh, and about that XM radio and the floor mats? No one from Ferrari or the Ferrari dealer that actually sells the car has actually said that either of those things will be available. You're guessing and hoping that they will be, but there's no solid evidence for either. Nor is there any guarantee that a third party manufacturer will be given the specifications necessary to make them to fit the new Ferrari.

You sir are an *****. Missing basic features??? Like what? Phone, Email, Texting?? Those are basic features. It's a cell phone people! This phone is advanced. Trust me - I've had windows mobile and a blackberry pearl.

As far as the "engine stalls and restarts" - for every person who has had that problem there are 2,000 people who have not had that problem.

Soon you'll be complaining about the new car smell. Get over yourself.

Im taking it back.
    The round button at the bottom is not meant to wake the device - you need to push the power button on the top right edge of the phone.

If you are doing that already, my apologies and then I agree it's a defective unit.
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts

Im taking it back.
    What little round power button? The power button is on the upper right corner and is definitely not round. Are you sure you are pushing the right button?
    Quote Originally Posted by jabo View Post
    The OP was well-written and entertaining but the essence of it's analogy is completely incorrect.
    IMHO, the OP is analogous to many of the people posting on this board and really has nothing to do with phones at all.

@heberman - Please accept a "Best Post Ever" award from whoever gives them out.

FWIW, my minivan had folding seats and my new Ferrari has a seat that slides.

Im taking it back.
    LOL!!!

Well played.

(assuming you're kidding)
    Yeah but you know how dumb you look in a van? lol
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by northside View Post
    LOL!!!

Well played.

(assuming you're kidding)
    Lol, seriously.
    If not, wow, what an *****.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    OP

Nice humorous post in a sea of overly-serious complaints about a brand new, version 1, phone.

This release is comparable to any NEW phone release - the fact the Pre is making the other carriers and phone manufacturers take notice already is truely something... The Pre will be updated and patched like the rest and will only get stronger.
    Best Pre post yet!
    Truer words were never spoken. Kudos to the man from Heber City... nice town.
    Quote Originally Posted by kineticvision View Post
    You sir are an *****. Missing basic features??? Like what? Phone, Email, Texting?? Those are basic features. It's a cell phone people! This phone is advanced. Trust me - I've had windows mobile and a blackberry pearl.
    Not sure I would trust anybody that bought a BB Perl. A BB without a proper Qwerty keyboard, what nonsense.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCal65 View Post
    OP

Nice humorous post in a sea of overly-serious complaints about a brand new, version 1, phone.

This release is comparable to any NEW phone release - the fact the Pre is making the other carriers and phone manufacturers take notice already is truely something... The Pre will be updated and patched like the rest and will only get stronger.
    ditto that. since some did not get the Analogy, i posted above a more direct example.
    I see pandas.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast