Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 67
  1. #21  
    LMAO
    Nokia American Idol Phone< Motorola RAZR<Nokia Flip Phone<Sidekick Slide<Palm Centro<HTC Snap

    Currently Enjoying: Palm Pixi
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
    You forgot one crucial advantage of the minivan: cupholders.
    Bringing food or drinks into my Ferrari is a ticket to a curbside ***-kicking.

    "You're gonna get that fry." -Will Smith, Bad Boys
    Developer must watch videos by Douglas Crockford of Yahoo:
    The JavaScript Programming Language part 1/4
    Theory of the DOM 1/3
    Advanced JavaScript 1/3
  3. #23  
    This isn't a valid analogy
  4. Duvi's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    20,078 Global Posts
    #24  
    Hehe
  5. #25  





    Verizon
  6. #26  
    From what I'm reading, a better analogy might have been a sporty-looking kit car. Looks great on the outside, but still needs a lot of fixing up on the inside. Not that it won't be fixed up on the inside someday, but not if you purchase the kit today.

    I'm just saying...
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by clevelandrocker View Post
    I'd rather have a Mercedes!
    If you have a ferrari and don't have a mercedes, you are crazy. It seems like you dump your savings in a car. Now if you have a mercedes as a daily and a ferrari. It might seem you can really afford that ferrari. BTW only 1 Mercedes currently compets with lower end ferraris. SL65 Black Series
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by hchavarria View Post
    great post I too am going to test drive the new Lamborghini
    That LP560-4 looks sweet. Overpriced though.

    @OP: This made my day. I had a fanstastic laugh!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  9. #29  
    Sorry, but the original post is just stupid, not funny. Continuing your Ferrari analogy, the problem isn't that is doesn't handle the same as a minivan, the problem is it's missing basic capabilities, like turn signals, a horn and brakes on all four wheels. And, at least on some examples, every time you close the door the engine stalls, requiring a restart.

    Oh, and about that XM radio and the floor mats? No one from Ferrari or the Ferrari dealer that actually sells the car has actually said that either of those things will be available. You're guessing and hoping that they will be, but there's no solid evidence for either. Nor is there any guarantee that a third party manufacturer will be given the specifications necessary to make them to fit the new Ferrari.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  10. #30  
    well, it was funny to me
  11. #31  
    People develop discriminative taste and cynicism when a lot of competition exists.
    Last edited by clevelandrocker; 06/07/2009 at 03:46 PM.
  12. #32  
    heberman, great post, I got my laugh for the day.....Thanks for that

  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by RenardRouge View Post
    This isn't a valid analogy
    Phones and cars? What's your point?
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Oo Batman oO View Post
    If you have a ferrari and don't have a mercedes, you are crazy. It seems like you dump your savings in a car. Now if you have a mercedes as a daily and a ferrari. It might seem you can really afford that ferrari. BTW only 1 Mercedes currently compets with lower end ferraris. SL65 Black Series
    SLR.
  15. joelpalm
    joelpalm's Avatar
    #35  
    Shut up you big babies, this was awesome.
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by retsamhgiht View Post
    SLR.
    the new one doesn't have a windsheild other than that the original is old.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Sorry, but the original post is just stupid, not funny. Continuing your Ferrari analogy, the problem isn't that is doesn't handle the same as a minivan, the problem is it's missing basic capabilities, like turn signals, a horn and brakes on all four wheels. And, at least on some examples, every time you close the door the engine stalls, requiring a restart.

    Oh, and about that XM radio and the floor mats? No one from Ferrari or the Ferrari dealer that actually sells the car has actually said that either of those things will be available. You're guessing and hoping that they will be, but there's no solid evidence for either. Nor is there any guarantee that a third party manufacturer will be given the specifications necessary to make them to fit the new Ferrari.
    I tend to agree. I'm still undecided if I'll keep my Pre.
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet View Post
    I tend to agree. I'm still undecided if I'll keep my Pre.
    I am in the same boat. I am also a HUGE palm fan. I may keep it though as the hardware is awesome and software can be tweaked. I know a guy at Palm and I understand that the capability to include email and calander in the universal search among items in the next engineering build. I think I can wait for that. Also, most of missing gaps should be filled by third party.
  19. #39  
    I think people expect progress. They expect their new $200 Palm phone to do the things that their old $50 Palm phone did, and more. And they expect quality control. I have 4 Centros in my family and none of them have dead pixels or light leakage.
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    I think people expect progress. They expect their new $200 Palm phone to do the things that their old $50 Palm phone did, and more.
    Sorry, that's not how it works when you start anything from scratch, not unless you can afford to be in development for 5 years. That's why the classic app exists.

    And they expect quality control. I have 4 Centros in my family and none of them have dead pixels or light leakage.
    That's why you can exchange for 30 days until you get one you are happy with.


    Sorry, still haven't read one legitimate complaint big enough to return the pre on this forum.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions