Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Something I just discovered that I thought was pretty neat- it seems when a notification for something comes in while the music is playing, the volume decreases slightly on the music, and then the notification tone plays, and the music increases in volume immediately after.

A nice touch, in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Same here. I can't stand ipods and their closed architecture BS. I will be keeping my old Zune for music, though.

After seeing the videos/pics/specs of the Zune HD coming in fall, I will be getting that day one as my primary media player. That thing is incredible.
    Heh what?

I have a Zune as well (80), and the Zune ecosystem is as closed as the Ipod one.
    it is for sure a replacement for the phone/pda/mobile app thingy part of the iPhone but I don't see it as a good MP3 player by any means, and mostly that is because of the battery life and not the storage.

I like the other posted in here will stick to my Zune with unlimited downloads for $15 a month

Although I will admit that Pandora works in a pinch and doesn't require storage with all the streaming music. I am sure someone will come up with an app that can stream your collection from home... or maybe I should get to programming
    Quote Originally Posted by Roloc View Post
    it is for sure a replacement for the phone/pda/mobile app thingy part of the iPhone but I don't see it as a good MP3 player by any means, and mostly that is because of the battery life and not the storage.

I like the other posted in here will stick to my Zune with unlimited downloads for $15 a month

Although I will admit that Pandora works in a pinch and doesn't require storage with all the streaming music. I am sure someone will come up with an app that can stream your collection from home... or maybe I should get to programming
    There is one, or should be one.

Look up Kinoma and Orb. They haven't come to WebOS yet, but I believe Kinoma is a launch partner. They're exactly what the Pre needs to be a media juggernaut.
    Quote Originally Posted by thermodynamic View Post

Look up Kinoma and Orb. They haven't come to WebOS yet, but I believe Kinoma is a launch partner. They're exactly what the Pre needs to be a media juggernaut.
    Kinoma is not a launch partner, and someone from Kinoma posted here a while ago saying Kinoma player wasn't coming to WebOS.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    The Pre will be my out of the car daily music. The Touch can now stay connected in the car or for long trips.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Something I just discovered that I thought was pretty neat- it seems when a notification for something comes in while the music is playing, the volume decreases slightly on the music, and then the notification tone plays, and the music increases in volume immediately after.
    iPhone does this too, nothing new there. But is nice nonetheless.
    Quote Originally Posted by thermodynamic View Post

Yeah I agree with all of this just waiting for a Pandora like app that goes over your own collection through the cloud. I mean really all of this storage nonsense with phones is moot if you can use the web to get at your own network at home. Then my phone would have like 2tb of space
    The ONLY thing that keeps the Pre from being a great Media player for me is sadly, storage. I've already maxed out my 16gb iphone and for me, 7GB of usable storage is much too puny. I love how easy it was to sync up with itunes and put music on it, and I also prefer the way it lets you choose music over cover flow. If this thing would've come with a Micro SD slot i'd be in heaven.

So it definitly looks as if i'll be heading BACK into Zuneland when the Zune HD comes out this fall (I'm a previous Zune 30 and Zune 80 owner) or perhaps i'll be getting a 32GB Iphone to upgrade my 16gb 3G depending on how Steve & CO wow me tommorow at WWDC
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I thought that was a function of iTunes, not of the iPhone music player?
    Ipod can do genius on the fly....

you can make genius playlists on itunes... then sync that... but not quite the same
    Pandora
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    I'll still be using my Zune for my preferred MP3/Media player.
    This, specially when the new Zune HD comes out, whooooooo boy. In the mean time, I'll use Pandora, and maybe the 100 or so songs I put on the Pre to keep me entertained.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjlucsy View Post
    iPhone does this too, nothing new there. But is nice nonetheless.
    Yeah, I didn't mean to imply it was new, just that I like it.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12