1.    #1  
    I love My-Cast as my weather app/radar, but since it's not out yet for the Pre I was going to use their free web version.

In the Instinct I could go to their website, sign in and then pull up the radar and turn on the loop and voila, I had a working radar that rocked.

I can do all of that on the Pre EXCEPT the animation will not turn on. This seems like a basic ability. Am I missing something? Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    You're not missing anything. My Pre does not do loops either and I agree it's a basic function that should be supported by PALM not by a 3rd party app.
    The problem is that the pre doesn't support either animated gifs, nor flash. Kind of hard to get animated content (aside from javascript) without either of those.
    just check out wunderground.com on the browser.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    How do some of my friends have animated icons as their picture in chat then?
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees368 View Post
    just check out wunderground.com on the browser.
    I was going to say that, but I couldn't get wunderground to animate either.
    Try Weather.com/iphone - animated radar works, sometimes I have trouble getting it to change zip codes though.
    it probably animates gifs up to a certain size. This is a restriction in the webkit browser that is used on both the iphone and pre. I have a iphone and a blackberry and this always pissed me off. The blackberry does handle animated gifs of all sizes since it does not use webkit.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rotello View Post
    If you +1, then I -2 because it's the weather channel. If you want the most outdated, typically wrong weather data, Weather.com is your source. Only thing more annoying is the crap-ware "Weather Bug" or whatever it is out there.

I use several gov websites for direct feed weather radar but they don't work on my Pre... gotta wait for Adobe and Sun Microsystems (Flash and Java respectively) to create support for our Pre's....
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    since the topic of the original post is regarding ANIMATED weather radar, you have to give me a pass on this. I otherwise agree with you, but it IS the only game in town for animated stuff so far....

rotello
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagevalves View Post
    Try Weather.com/iphone - animated radar works, sometimes I have trouble getting it to change zip codes though.
    Thank you. As was stated, it wouldn't be my first choice, but it's the first radar I have found that will animate, so it beats a blank.