Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    I didn't find the included ring tones sufficient to use for an alarm clock, so I added 6 alarm to my pre and thought I would share them.

drop.io palmpre

I also added gain to the MP3 files so that they would be louder than the packaged ringtones. Don't worry that they are short, the alarm app will loop them.
    I like the rooster, its so annoying but it'll wake you up right away.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turb0rexx View Post
    I like the rooster
    Me too, you are NOT going to sleep through that one. It might lose you a girlfriend or two but you won't be losing your job
    Here's a bunch more that I use along with some other ringtones. I think some of these originally came from other devices, so if that's not allowed, let me know and I'll take the link down. I've got a ton other sounds too, but they're in wav, wma, or mid formats so I only uploaded the mp3 ones.

http://www.rapidspread.com/file.jsp?id=crbszdyyai

I think alarm1 and alarm2.mp3 are the best ones in the list myself, they're not quite as harsh sounds in the morning as other things I've used for alarms in the past, but they still get loud enough to wake me up.

Though, I should mention I haven't used them on my Pre yet.
    Thanks allot, the buzzer is perfect. Great stuff.
    wow I think this is a stupid question but where do you go to change alarm ringtones? I don't see alarm options under the sound & ringtones icon.
    Thanks, I needed some good Beep alarms for when I use my phone in the lab as a timer.
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    wow I think this is a stupid question but where do you go to change alarm ringtones? I don't see alarm options under the sound & ringtones icon.

Launcher > Clock > Alarm Pic (at bottom) > + sign to add alarm > then

Set alarm and Click the sound to change to another.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Here's a bunch more that I use along with some other ringtones.
    Cool, thanks. I went through them and selected 6 that were really quite good as in annoying and added them to the drop too (I bumped up the gain on them those too)
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Tried to dl this from the pre but apparently it says there's no app to handle a zip file? Was also my first experience with sites that show popup windows. Results in new cards launching. Interesting dynamic.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    Launcher > Clock > Alarm Pic (at bottom) > + sign to add alarm > then

Set alarm and Click the sound to change to another.
    ahh thanks alot. I had always used the calendar for my wake up alarms. Do you by chance know how to change the txt message sound as well?
    thank you guys SOOOO much. I was looking for some decent ringer / alarm sounds last night and I coudn't find any that didn't want my cell phone #.

Thanks again there are some real gems here.
    Ok, so I go and download these ringtones...how the heck do I get them on my Pre??
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    anyone know if you can set the alarm to just Vibrate? Even with the volume switch at the top turned to silent, the alarm sound still plays.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JonR88 View Post
    Ok, so I go and download these ringtones...how the heck do I get them on my Pre??
    Connect your phone to your computer and choose USB drive. Copy them to your ringtone folder and you'll see em show up.
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc_pre View Post
    Connect your phone to your computer and choose USB drive. Copy them to your ringtone folder and you'll see em show up.
    I discovered by accident that if you put them in a root directory called /alarms, the alarm tones become available to the clock via an icon that appears on the lower-left of the ringtones selection screen.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jtlapp View Post
    I discovered by accident that if you put them in a root directory called /alarms, the alarm tones become available to the clock via an icon that appears on the lower-left of the ringtones selection screen.
    That's very interesting. I'll have to check that out when I get back to the office.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Wow thnx for the heads up the phone is getting better and better.
    Quote Originally Posted by jtlapp View Post
    I am sometimes a little silly, but I can't seem to get this to work for me.
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bausti25 View Post
    I am sometimes a little silly, but I can't seem to get this to work for me.
    Do you get an icon on the page that lists the ringtones for selection? It should be in the lower-left corner.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast