Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I will summarize as best I can:

I was first at our Sprint Store. Everything completed in about 20 minutes. They even mailed my rebate form! Only issue was they couldn't move my information from my Treo to the Pre. That wasn't really a problem however.

I was making phone calls on the way home. The people on the other end thought the quality was excellent. It was excellent on my end also.

I downloaded, installed and executed the Data Transfer Assistant. Worked as advertised and all my information was transferred from my Palm desktop to the Pre.

I set up 3 email accounts in seconds. Gmail, Live Mail, Yahoo Mail. All worked right away. A note here is to check the settings on each. Each was checking mail at differrent intervals and the intervals were almost constant. This could be a battery issue later as I'll discuss.

I used the Getting Started guide and went through each page. It is very intuitive and by the end of day one I was pretty much using it as advertised.

The keyboard was worrisome at first but it now seems good versus the Treo which was Excellent. The slider feels a little brittle but I don't think it really is. I have seen and used the Ipod Touch software keyboard and the Pre is lightyears ahead.

Calendar and Tasks. I opted to use Google for these applications. I really miss the Palm desktop and wish they had a Web version that could be used. It was nice to have my Treo start with my things to do. Perhaps I will find I can still do this but may have to wait for a 3rd party application. Google is ok for the calendar and lacking in the task area.

Pictures. Outstanding!

Pandora, Twitter and the like. Excellent. Sprint Navigation was a great positive surprise.

Data. I think the data speed is mediocre. What's interesting is that it seemed the same when I used WiFi. I will have to use it more to get to the bottom of this one.

Sprint bars. I noticed that the sprint bars on the upper right are much lower than on my Treo. For instance inside my house I had 1 versus 4 on the Treo. Outside it bounced all around. Don't know if this is a problem yet.

Battery. This is currently my biggest concern. I charged it 3 times yesterday but I also was playing around with it a lot. I am recharging again right now after 5 hours today. Started at 100%, hardly have used it this morning and it was down to 70%. I have reduced the screen light, readjusted all my email accounts. I hope that fixes it. I don't want to charge during the day everyday. I did the firmware update also.

Overall: I would highly recommend this. Very user friendly, intuitive interface, good feel, easy to use for phone calls. Look out for: the battery.
    Sprint bars. I noticed that the sprint bars on the upper right are much lower than on my Treo. For instance inside my house I had 1 versus 4 on the Treo. Outside it bounced all around. Don't know if this is a problem yet.
    I am having that problem too. The bars are going up and down in places my centro never has. i think this is reducing the battery life quite a bit. someone stated that it might be because of all the phones that are being activated, and that the problem should be fixed in a few days. i hope that is true.
    Don't know if this will help but have you tried going in preferences in the Phone application and updating the PRL? That might help with the signal bouncing around.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    Don't know if this will help but have you tried going in preferences in the Phone application and updating the PRL? That might help with the signal bouncing around.
    Got more exact steps?
    Go into your launcher and select the Phone application.
    Press the upper left corner where it says "Sprint"
    Press Preferences
    Scroll to the bottom and select "Update PRL"
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I have done as you both have suggested. Will let you know the results.