1.    #1  
    Ive noticed when the phone goes to sleep, it uses Sprints data network instead of WiFi. But after you unlock the screen, it enables WiFi again.

This is bad for me because I live in an area with weak Sprint signal, so the phone constantly jumps from EV to 1X. Which equals bad bad bad battery life.

Id like the phone to stay on WiFi all the time. Am I missing something??
    Yeah, this was one of the first things I noticed. I have great Sprint service here in Chicago, but I'd prefer it to stay connected via WiFi for trusted networks. Anyone???
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Ahh, so that's how it works. I started a new thread yesterday about how happy I was that WiFi stays on even when the device is in standby mode - unlike windows mobile phones. I assumed this was the case because my push GMail was working while the screen was off. Just out of curiosity, how do you know for sure it's using the cell network when in standby and not WiFi?

Also, does anyone know how the iphone works in this regard?
    Quote Originally Posted by Minsc View Post
    Ahh, so that's how it works. I started a new thread yesterday about how happy I was that WiFi stays on even when the device is in standby mode - unlike windows mobile phones. I assumed this was the case because my push GMail was working while the screen was off. Just out of curiosity, how do you know for sure it's using the cell network when in standby and not WiFi?

Also, does anyone know how the iphone works in this regard?
    When you turn the phone on after it was asleep, you can see the EV icon show up in the upper right corner, it then disappears and WiFi turns on.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    When you turn the phone on after it was asleep, you can see the EV icon show up in the upper right corner, it then disappears and WiFi turns on.
    Yep, duh - I didn't even notice that, thx.
  6.    #6  
    Yeah, this jumping around is killing my battery. I wonder if there is a setting in those advanced WiFi settings menu people were able to access? (forgot the codes. Its ##something or other).
    If WiFi was constantly on it would kill the battery faster.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    If WiFi was constantly on it would kill the battery faster.
    Not in my situation (constantly hopping between EV & 1X).