1. yoe
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Is it just me? or do we need this thing to HANG UP THE CALL when you slide it up (to close the keyboard). Or at least give us the option, every other slide phone out there does that, the Pre shouldnt be any different.

I already left like 5 people on the line waiting when I assumed I hung up the call when I really didn't
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I'm with you on that one. I assumed the same thing...
    I don't remember my Windows Mobile sliders hanging up when sliding the keyboard, maybe in part because the keyboard isn't actually intrinsic to a phone call. Sliding out the keyboard doesn't answer or initiate a call, and so sliding the keyboard doesn't hang it up.

Wouldn't be bad to make it an option, but it doesn't seem like a natural thing to me.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    You might need the keyboard while on a call - maybe to look up a contact. Would have never thought it should hang up a call. Call me silly, but I have always used the red end-call button on every phone I have owned.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    I would rather it did not hang up on slideup. As someone said, you may use the keyboard to find the person you need to call, but once you have made the call then I would prefer the phone not be open, but closed while talking on the phone, and this wouldn't be possible if you slide it closed and it then hung up the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    You might need the keyboard while on a call - maybe to look up a contact. Would have never thought it should hang up a call. Call me silly, but I have always used the red end-call button on every phone I have owned.
    But still, the buttons are on the screen to hang up. If the keyboard is needed, that's fine. but still, the mic is on the front of the phone, not near the keyboard, thus no other reason to have it pulled out, unless for what you mentioned.

I'm wondering here, are these really problems of the phone? Or peoples gripes? Like, is it really that big of a deal or can you take the time to adjust like everyone else does with any new device and get used to the changes. (not speaking towards you bubba-gump)
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    I'm finding myself agreeing more and more with NM08. I do not agree with the "hang up on slide closed" idea because (as NM08 said) everything PHONE related is on the screen.
    I think it should be an option that you can set. I would like to have my Pre hangup on slideup, although I understand others points. That's why giving people the choice is best.