Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I know at this point Sprint ringtones are not supported on the Pre. I have been told that an app is being developed for the Pre so that ringtones can be used. Does anyone know what to do in the meantime? Can I go to a site like 3Gforfree and get tones from there, or do I have to wait for the ringtone app?
    do a search for "ringtones" here.
  3. yoe
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Are you crazy?? Finally, somebody releases a phone that lets you just play whatever crazy mp3 file you want as a ring tone, and you want to PAY SPRINT for them??

Dude, just hook up the Pre to your computer, and copy the ringtone MP3 file to the "Ringtones" directory!

You can find a million ringtones online or on emule / torrent,

hell - just pick a song you love and copy it there.

man.. some people are never happy.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I dont think he was complaining, just looking for help. I agree with the MP3 sentiments though. I love finally being able to do that!
    i would like to know how, if possible, to change the ringer for notifications like text and email... as for adding ringtones, if you add music to your phone (plug into pc and transfer music to it), when you go to change your ringtone click the music note with a + and you can pick music from the list to add to your list of ringtones. maybe you could save the ringtones to your pc and try transferring them. might work. hope that helps a little...
    Quote Originally Posted by i.freakin.heart.palm View Post
    i would like to know how, if possible, to change the ringer for notifications like text and email... ..
    you cant.
    When using your mp3s from your phone as ringtones, does the phone trim them or is the entire song the ringtone?
    Last edited by purplecharm; 06/07/2009 at 10:47 AM.
    My suggestion for future use would be when choosing an mp3, allow the user to 'snip' which portion of the song they want to use. Minitones worked great in the older OS, so I wonder if Palm can implement this in the OS itself this time around.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by yoe View Post
    Are you crazy?? Finally, somebody releases a phone that lets you just play whatever crazy mp3 file you want as a ring tone, and you want to PAY SPRINT for them??

Dude, just hook up the Pre to your computer, and copy the ringtone MP3 file to the "Ringtones" directory!

You can find a million ringtones online or on emule / torrent,

hell - just pick a song you love and copy it there.

man.. some people are never happy.
    Ha settle down man, I just got the phone and was asking. I wasnt aware I could use mp3's as ringtones. I go to piratebay to get all my music, so I'm not paying for anything as long as I can get around it, thanks for the info!
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    I recommend paying for copyrighted works. Artists deserve to be paid for their talents.
    Quote Originally Posted by purplecharm View Post
    When using your mp3s from your phone as ringtones, does the phone trim them or is the entire song the ringtone?
    I think it just uses the first part 30 seconds or so. If you want to customize your ringtones, use audacity (open source audio editor, do a google search) or soundbooth or audition or garageband or whatever you might already have. I just mixed parts I liked into a coherent tune, gave it a little fade up and fade down if necessary, and voila, ringtones your friends will be envious of. Works best to make them mono, and make sure they don't clip. Get them loud enough so you can hear it without going over 0 db. If you're a fan of HL2 (or even if you're not), attached is one of my favorite ringtone creations. Anybody else can PM me for more.

ring_sectorsweep.zip
    Is there anyway to change the text message or email tones?
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham Cracker View Post
    I think it just uses the first part 30 seconds or so. If you want to customize your ringtones, use audacity (open source audio editor, do a google search) or soundbooth or audition or garageband or whatever you might already have. I just mixed parts I liked into a coherent tune, gave it a little fade up and fade down if necessary, and voila, ringtones your friends will be envious of. Works best to make them mono, and make sure they don't clip. Get them loud enough so you can hear it without going over 0 db. If you're a fan of HL2 (or even if you're not), attached is one of my favorite ringtone creations. Anybody else can PM me for more.

ring_sectorsweep.zip
    I'm not the most tech savvy downloaded Audacity and now I have ringtones I can finally hear.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Myxer.com is free and allows you to upload the mp3 of the song and then select what part of the song you want as the ringtone. It also has volume and fade in and out features all from your browser. You then can download the finish product and move it into your Pre Ringtone folder via USB Connection and you're good to go.
    I agree. Audacity is the ***** for making your own ringtones. That's what I used for ringtones on my Q9c. Trying to get "The Office" theme song as my ringer.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeMimic View Post
    Myxer.com is free and allows you to upload the mp3 of the song and then select what part of the song you want as the ringtone. It also has volume and fade in and out features all from your browser. You then can download the finish product and move it into your Pre Ringtone folder via USB Connection and you're good to go.
    my first stop was myxer and they don't download to my Pre. when click on the link, it just plays the song, but doesn't add it.
    Hey all!
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    It appears you can have only so many files in the Ringtones folder. I don't know the number only that I had too many. When I deleted some my new additions showed up. When full I also could not convert a tune to a ringtone, the process would not complete.
    TTFN
    Sorry Guys and Gals
    Pushed the wrong button trying to post this message. Ignore message above. What I was trying to say is I found a great MP3 site for ringtones. It is called MP3raid.com. If your Pre is connected to your computer you can download the song right to the Pre in ringtones folder in MP3 format. I just did it and it works great!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    I recommend paying for copyrighted works. Artists deserve to be paid for their talents.

Although I agree... how do I know middle-men(persons) are not lining their pockets and NOT paying the artists/writers/producers for their effort.

Then again I want to believe in the 'fair-use' doctrine: I pay for my music by buying CDs and mp3 (or others) from online sites...

I want to be able to trim MY MUSIC for my use...

Then again, the music I listen to... no one sells those ringtones...
    Now it's the WAITING GAME: a GSM Palm Pre
    T680 (COPPER) + Cingular = FUN!!
    My T650 & 6230b and NX70 are retired... =(
    http://mrg9605.com
    http://ipgeek21.com
    noncents.net
    http://seresqueridos.com

justdai.com
    reddingk.com
    georgeozuna.com
    goaskoscar.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast