Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    I just downloaded Audacity and opened up a song from my files. It's an MP3. When I click the Play button, it plays this super fast blurp of noise. Like it sped through the song at lightening fast speed. WTF? Then I read in the Help section of Audacity that it doesn't support MP3's and that I have to get LAME. And it looks like a headache to get that - I don't even understand how to download it.

Am I doing something wrong???
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    Trying Myxer now. Seeming to have more luck with this. I'm an audio retard, I guess. LOL!
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    Ok, I've tried to download my ringtone from Myxer from the Pre, and all it does it play the ringtone to me streaming. Then I tried to send the ringtone to my email so I could put it on my Pre with a USB cable. Well, to download it, I need to purchase Quicktime Pro.

Help! WTF am I doing wrong?
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    Trying buildatone.com now. Sigh...
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    OMG, success! Finally! Haha...when you guys all wake up and read this thread, it's gonna look like my own personal blog or something. LOL.

I went to some random ringtone maker site, made the ringtone, and saved it to my computer. Then I customized it in Audacity. THEN I had to download LAME (using help menus from Audacity and all sorts of stuff). Then I finally figured out how to connect the Pre to my computer and put the ringtone on it. Whew. And it sounds really good!

So yah, please excuse my 203984029384 posts in this thread while I was talking to myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by hopalee View Post
    my first stop was myxer and they don't download to my Pre. when click on the link, it just plays the song, but doesn't add it.
    In Myxer check the box for IPOD. Thats what I did and it gave me a option to download the ringtone to the computer then I just added it to ringtones on the PRE
    Quote Originally Posted by NINnerd View Post
    OMG, success! Finally! Haha...when you guys all wake up and read this thread, it's gonna look like my own personal blog or something. LOL.

I went to some random ringtone maker site, made the ringtone, and saved it to my computer. Then I customized it in Audacity. THEN I had to download LAME (using help menus from Audacity and all sorts of stuff). Then I finally figured out how to connect the Pre to my computer and put the ringtone on it. Whew. And it sounds really good!

So yah, please excuse my 203984029384 posts in this thread while I was talking to myself.
    Man !!! thats a lot of hoooops you did to make a ringtone. The Pre will do iPhone Ringtones and at MYXER you can upload your song and make your own just check the IPod box and directly download it to your computer. They also have a lot of free ringtones too just remember the IPod Box
    crackberry.com has some good ringtones....I know its blasphamy but I am a converted bb user...lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    I recommend paying for copyrighted works. Artists deserve to be paid for their talents.
    +2
    its called funformobile.com
    just use media search to the right to find a specific ringtone and choose from varios ones. their REAL ringtones, as in samples the music, not the whole track.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12