Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    You can change the USB mode (sync, drive, charge) without having to unplug by tapping the USB icon in the notifications tray, and then on the actual notification.
    Quote Originally Posted by buyrihn View Post
    What confirmation sign are you seeing? When I swipe emails off to delete them, they just go away. What OS version you running?
    I am pretty sure when people say email they mean text message because it doest not ask for a confirmation for me either on the email side but it does on the text message
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    I am pretty sure when people say email they mean text message because it doest not ask for a confirmation for me either on the email side but it does on the text message
    Ah. Silly me (or it it them?)
    Not sure if this was mentioned before .... Today I discovered when you're looking at a single day on the calendar, you can go to the next day or the day before by sliding your finger horizontally right or left.
    I missed having the Ignore With Text function that I had on my Treo (for those of you new to Palm devices, this basically allowed you to send a text message instead of answering a phone call).

It actually still is there, just done differently. When your Pre rings, you have three "buttons" on the bottom of the screen. The green phone button answers, the red phone button ignores, and the middle button calls the Contact information. From there, you can select SMS, and send whatever text you want. You get the same effect as the old "Ignore With Text" option. It's one extra button push.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Wow,

Thanks that was one of the things I missed the most from my Treo 700 & 755p days. Although I do wish they would give us an 1 button option to ignore with text.

They also need to give us back all the custizable PIM functions we had in the old Palm OS, but maybe we will get that in a latter update.
    Sprint client since 1998. Treo 650, Treo 700, Treo 755p, Palm Pre till it died--- now have HTC EVO
    Quote Originally Posted by buyrihn View Post
    [*]You can get rid of the Alarm icon in the notification bar by restarting the phone after setting the alarm.
    You can also just tap the icon to bring up the alarm notification and then swipe it to the left or right to get rid of it. The alarm will stay on.
    When in Pandora and using your Pre-supplied headphones, click once on the button on your headphones to pause the song. Click three times on the button and you'll move to the next song. Works also for the Music application.
    See here for proper steps to reset Pre.
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    Quote Originally Posted by repseki View Post
    If you have the phone application open, go to the Options (top left), select preferences and turn the Show Contact Matches, you will be able to type a contacts name in and it will call them rather than searching through contacts.
    This works for all contacts and apps stored on your Pre, if you just type from the main area. If you start with a key that is for both a number and a letter, the search will recognize both possibilities and drop down available contacts and apps to pick from. The number only calls up my quick-dials though, it won't open up all the contacts that have that number(s). You can also search for it with Google, Maps, Wiki, or Twitter.

Ingenious stuff, I do believe.
    Last edited by mcfiend; 07/08/2009 at 05:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by wprater View Post
    i swore I used just the orange key they other day and it worked.. hmm
    A little glitchy, this one. I had the same thing happen ONCE with just the orange key and once with the . key. I thought there was a trick to pressing then releasing orange+Sym, and this did actually work about 3 times, but not always. Plus there's that annoying symbol pop-up (always press SYM first to avoid this).

Also, holding down either the orange OR shift key then tapping on links will not activate the link at all (most likely because these access the cursor). They also keep the page from moving around if you try to drag over the screen.

Just tried Sym+Orange, release, tap = worked again...

EDIT: Got it, got it, got it... SYM+Orange, release SYM but hold Orange, while holding Orange, tap link. Has worked for me every time.
    Last edited by mcfiend; 07/08/2009 at 04:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rrob13 View Post
    Orange + Sym + I does this rather than Orange + Shift + I, but I have no idea what it means either.
    This is apparently "sticky" (it will stay loaded until you repeat the combination). I can only get it when typing another letter, and then that background layer is always in the way. For instance, Find: % is always there first (because Orange+I=%), I backspace and everything disappears, then I type any letter, like Q, and that odd info pops up again over "Find: Q" as well as any of the search results that Q might bring up.

I don't believe we were meant to find this one just yet. Mine says 70 images (sometimes 69, sometimes 71). I've got over 200 photos, so that's not it. Maybe everything that's currently running??

Mucho Bizarrio...
    I tried the Orange+Sym then click on a link to open a link in a new page, but I found that I kept getting the symbol box popping up on the screen and only sometimes got the link to open.

After playing around a while I discovered that if you press the orange key and any key that doesn't have a symbol on it (like space, shift, period, return, ...), release the "other" key while still holding the orange key, then tap a link, you get the link opened in another card.

It seems to work consistently for me.

Thanks to "mcfiend" for the idea of releasing the non-orange key.

EDIT: You can use the shift key instead of the orange key.
    Last edited by Gnomon; 07/09/2009 at 12:03 PM.
    Ok so I haven't figured out how to go back to the previous page? I know there is a back arrow in the web for web pages but I don't mean web I mean lets say you're in messaging and you click on a contact but you don't want that contact so you want to go back and choose another...do you seriously have to always press the home button and choose messaging again? There's no easier way to just go back to the previous step? Please help me with this one if there is a solution.

Also, is there a way to turn off the auto-correction in messaging?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mar7pau View Post
    Ok so I haven't figured out how to go back to the previous page?
    I may be misreading what you're wanting, but I think this is the "right to left" gesture in the "gesture area". I have mine set to "switch applications" if I do a full swipe, but a half-swipe (stopping at the button) works. Am I making sense? Is that what you were asking?
    Ok so I haven't figured out how to go back to the previous page?
    First gesture you're taught in the startup and in the manual...back gesture (right to left in gesture area).

Also, is there a way to turn off the auto-correction in messaging?
    Not at this time. Hopefully this functionality will improve soon.

HTH,
    ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    Ok no one gave an example so I didn't know what they were talking about lol. Sorry...Thanks!
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Has anyone figured out how to send a mass text to several contacts or a group of contacts without having to go back into your contacts each time to select individuals? i.e. choose a bunch of contacts all at once?
    Forgive me if this has been noted elsewhere, but I discovered that you can also highlight text by double-tapping and dragging, rather than holding the shift key and dragging. If you double-tap and drag, you have to be on the text you want to highlight, but this method is pretty useful if you want to highlight a whole paragraph.

Edit: looks like it works in email, but not all text fields.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by coachsas View Post
    Has anyone figured out how to send a mass text to several contacts or a group of contacts without having to go back into your contacts each time to select individuals? i.e. choose a bunch of contacts all at once?
    Here it is.

- Craig
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast