Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 90
  1. wprater's Avatar
    Posts
    240 Posts
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    With difficulty. Just try to do this gracefully in landscape mode!
    i swore I used just the orange key they other day and it worked.. hmm
  2. oncdoc's Avatar
    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    #42  
    how do u customize the launcher
  3. #43  
    when in vertical mode, to get the address bar bounce the web page, by swiping down when you are at the top of page.
  4. #44  
    If you have the phone application open, go to the Options (top left), select preferences and turn the Show Contact Matches, you will be able to type a contacts name in and it will call them rather than searching through contacts.
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by buyrihn View Post
    [*]Orange + sym and tap on link opens a new card when browsing online[*]Hold the shift button down and press the back key to delete whole words at a time.[/LIST]
    Thank you for these two!
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by oncdoc View Post
    how do u customize the launcher
    This is from the Pre users guide:
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/handb...nt_p100eww.pdf

    Reorder Launcher Icons
    1. In the Launcher, tap and hold an icon.
    2. After the halo appears around the icon, drag it to another location.
    3. To move the icon to another page, drag it to the left or right edge of the screen.

    Delete an Application
    You can delete applications that you have installed on your phone.
    1. While pressing and holding the orange key, tap the app icon.
    2. Tap Delete.
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mpre View Post
    If you are in a need to check yourself out...simply slide out the keyboard, turn the phone around and walla....a mirror.
    Walla? You have to be kidding? Not an expert on languages then? Oh well. Cella vee!
  8. wprater's Avatar
    Posts
    240 Posts
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by paulpenny View Post
    Walla? You have to be kidding? Not an expert on languages then? Oh well. Cella vee!
    I think he meant: voila
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by wprater View Post
    i swore I used just the orange key they other day and it worked.. hmm
    you sure it wasn't some link that was meant to open in new browser?
  10. wprater's Avatar
    Posts
    240 Posts
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by sambao21 View Post
    you sure it wasn't some link that was meant to open in new browser?
    thats probably what it was.. Im not able to reproduce this.
  11. Wahedi's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    #51  
    If you don't feel like minimizing cards by pressing the lil "movado dial" (which also shows up on the charger and the Touchstaone), you can just do a quick swipe from the gesture area up to the screen. It will light up both circles at the same time if done correctly.
    Once minimized, if you do it again you'll get the launcher; yet another swipe will close it.
  12. #52  
    You can just swipe a notification to the right to get rid of it.

    Might be obvious to some, but I had been clicking on the icon to make it go away. Just found this out last night by playing around.
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by repseki View Post
    You can get rid of the Alarm icon in the notification bar by restarting the phone after setting the alarm.
    You don't have to reset your phone. You can delete the alarm notification by bringing up the notification by tapping it, then sliding it away to the right like any other notification. The alarm stays on.
  14. #54  
    Not sure is everyone hasn't already figured this out but when you're in the launcher screen mode you can use a swipe down gesture to close it. I thought it was pretty neat and made sense instead of having to swipe up again to close.
  15. #55  
    For any card (any program, including the launcher), pressing Orange + Shift + I brings up the following information:

    xx image(s), xx k total
    xx DOM Nodes
    xx Render Nodes
    xx Render Layer(s)

    Not sure what good this is, but its interesting. :-)
  16. rrob13's Avatar
    Posts
    285 Posts
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmKing View Post
    For any card (any program, including the launcher), pressing Orange + Shift + I brings up the following information:

    xx image(s), xx k total
    xx DOM Nodes
    xx Render Nodes
    xx Render Layer(s)

    Not sure what good this is, but its interesting. :-)
    Orange + Sym + I does this rather than Orange + Shift + I, but I have no idea what it means either.
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
  17. Rhody's Avatar
    Posts
    703 Posts
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    #57  
    This is a minor tip, but you can peek in the calendar day mode. So if you are trying to figure out if you have more time on Monday or Tuesday for a meeting, you just flick it to Monday, then hold your finger and drag it half way to peek into Tuesday so you can compare Monday and Tuesday side-by-side.
  18. #58  
    Some may not know this but if you have a bunch of emails you want to delete... all you have to do is swipe the first one to the side. The confirmation will appear, but you don't have to do anything. Just swipe the next email to delete and the first one goes away and the second one shows the confirmation line, and it keeps going for each. Really helpful and interesting way to handle multiple deletes.
  19. buyrihn's Avatar
    Posts
    449 Posts
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
       #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by dcoaster View Post
    Some may not know this but if you have a bunch of emails you want to delete... all you have to do is swipe the first one to the side. The confirmation will appear, but you don't have to do anything. Just swipe the next email to delete and the first one goes away and the second one shows the confirmation line, and it keeps going for each. Really helpful and interesting way to handle multiple deletes.
    What confirmation sign are you seeing? When I swipe emails off to delete them, they just go away. What OS version you running?
  20. rrob13's Avatar
    Posts
    285 Posts
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    This is a minor tip, but you can peek in the calendar day mode. So if you are trying to figure out if you have more time on Monday or Tuesday for a meeting, you just flick it to Monday, then hold your finger and drag it half way to peek into Tuesday so you can compare Monday and Tuesday side-by-side.
    I think this is a major tip! Thanks for sharing it. It works in week view, too.

    Rob
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions