Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    On eChat with Sprint right now to port over a couple numbers...

Orange + Sym + R seems to soft reset the phone.
    Anotha tip you can upload a photo to facebook without having it sync all your facebook contacts by going to Photos - Photos (in the top left) - Preferences & Accounts - and add an account. You can also add a photobucket account.
    My account seems to have Facebook and Photobucket already there but won’t allow me to create a new one like Google Photo's. ii
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    I keep updating the 1st post with the latest tips, so if it strays off-topic, just check out the 1st one HERE.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    does anyone know how to insert hard pause in phone number ?
    Issue solved:

Enter "t" for a Timed Pause in a dial string.

Enter "p" for a Hard Pause in a dial string. Touch the remainder of the dial string following the word "Dial" on the screen to trigger the next set of digits to dial.

On another forum, a Palm rep said it should have been documented, and WILL be documented in the .pdf User Guide and on the Pre itself in the next update.
    anyone know how to always open links in a new card?
    Orange + sym and tap on link opens a new card.
    Just found this one out and thought it was useful. Hold the shift button down and press the back key to delete whole words at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    Orange + sym and tap on link opens a new card.
    ah, i think i got it to work, but that's weird. how do you hold both of those buttons down and still have a hand to click on the link? it was tricky. how are you doing it?
    Another tip: the "Updates" app not only checks for ROM updates, it also checks for updates to downloaded apps. Pretty cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by sambao21 View Post
    ah, i think i got it to work, but that's weird. how do you hold both of those buttons down and still have a hand to click on the link? it was tricky. how are you doing it?
    With difficulty. Just try to do this gracefully in landscape mode!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    With difficulty. Just try to do this gracefully in landscape mode!
    Ok I'm glad its not just me. Seems just holding the orange button down would be enough. Hoping an update will fix it.
    How do you tab fields on a website without having to touch the screen?
    Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    In card mode, if you press and hold on a card, it'll zoom out to a smaller view which makes it easier to see multiple cards!
    You can also rearrange the cards in the mini view.
    Quote Originally Posted by buyrihn View Post
    1. When typing, just type "u", then a space or a period or comma, and the Pre will auto-correct it to "you".
    2. When typing, you can type "thru", and it will auto-correct it to "through"
    Is there a way to turn this feature OFF? Usually when I'm texting I actual WANT "u" or "thru" to shorten the number of characters. It drives me nuts to keep having to "undo" the auto-correction.

BTW, is there a way to see the character count as you are typing an SMS? This was a very handy feature on my Treos, especially when sending a Twitter update where you have to limit your posts to 140 characters. One little related feature that is nice is this: when you go over the standard 160 character SMS limit, the little speech bubble beside the text you are typing adds a number 2 to indicate the message will arrive in two parts (I'm assuming the number would increases if you SMS was longer).
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    In landscape mode, do a half swipe in the gesture area to page up and down within a web page. This is useful when reading and when trying to avoid those inadvertent taps on links.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    When viewing a web page in landscape mode you may notice the web tab disappears. To make it show again, simple hit the volume button.
    If you lightly hold down on a card when it is minimized, it will get even smaller and while holding down, you can drag the cards and rearrange them according to the apps you want to appear first (sort of like a shell game). For instance, if you have text messaging, telephone keypad, email, and camera open and in that order, you can rearrange them such that the keypad is first, email second, etc. It's actually pretty cool.
    You can get rid of the Alarm icon in the notification bar by restarting the phone after setting the alarm.

You can also go to a smaller view for cards by just tapping in the blank space below a zoomed out card.

If your keyboard is slid out you can take a picture with the camera by pressing the spacebar

You can set the weather to display on your calendar (if it's sync'd with google calendar) by going to the Settings on http://calendar.google.com entering your zip code and setting the "Display weather on calendar" option.

To take a screenshot press: Orange + Shift + P it will save in your photo album.

Sliding your phone open instead of pressing the top button will automatically unlock it.

Pressing the top button once while a call is coming in will silence the ringer, pressing it twice will ignore the call.

You can remove installed (downloaded) apps from the launcher by opening the launcher, going to the Launcher options, select List Apps then click on the desired app and click delete.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    If you are in a need to check yourself out...simply slide out the keyboard, turn the phone around and walla....a mirror.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast