Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gomarpyle View Post
    I am jumping ship... Just pre-ordered my 3gs... Sorry... was looking for the iphone experience.... and after years of wanting my phone to be an iphone... I am finally getting one.

All the best and hope updates comes soon for the PRE
    Hope you find what your looking for..... see ya back in a year
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I went from the original Moto Q (so outdated and I hate WM!) to the Pre - I love it! I have an iTouch so I would never have even considered getting an iPhone - pure overkill.

The Pre is the best phone I have ever owned, hands down.

Regards,

Moon
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    i will be keeping my pre!

i have never owned a palm device before and i have had a few smart phones in my day such as

*the sidekick 3
    *sidekick 08
    *blackberry pearl
    *blackberry curve
    *blackberry bold

and i am more than happy with the palm pre.. i was not a fan of the whole touch screen sensation but palm has definitely changed my view on them... i love that this phone has a physical keyboard, yes it is a bit small being that i am coming from a blackberry bold, but i am already getting used to it..

and as far as the minor bugs and flaws that it has i am sure that palm will resolve those issues very soon..
    One of the things that really irritated me today was trying to type an email with the number "7".. .the orange button and other finger were a hard fit... Unfortunately no update for that.. Also I found it hard to use the keyboard when laying on my back... phone was all out of balance... Like typing before I go to bed. On-screen keyboard would solve this issue...

Quote Originally Posted by Lito305 View Post
    i will be keeping my pre!

i have never owned a palm device before and i have had a few smart phones in my day such as

*the sidekick 3
    *sidekick 08
    *blackberry pearl
    *blackberry curve
    *blackberry bold

and i am more than happy with the palm pre.. i was not a fan of the whole touch screen sensation but palm has definitely changed my view on them... i love that this phone has a physical keyboard, yes it is a bit small being that i am coming from a blackberry bold, but i am already getting used to it..

and as far as the minor bugs and flaws that it has i am sure that palm will resolve those issues very soon..
    yes i will be keeping the pre. i'm happy with sprint, my sprint plan, and the pre. even with the iPhone 3Gs announcement this morning hasn't changed things. i can't justify paying more monthly for a lesser plan. the larger storage and video recording are the only 2 things i wish to see coming to the pre. when that time comes this pre will be handed down to another member of my family.

all in all it's been very good since saturday
    Just returned mine today. Pretty easy process.
    If they don't fix the EAS SSL issue before my 30 days are up, I need to return the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by gomarpyle View Post
    One of the things that really irritated me today was trying to type an email with the number "7".. .the orange button and other finger were a hard fit... Unfortunately no update for that.. Also I found it hard to use the keyboard when laying on my back... phone was all out of balance... Like typing before I go to bed. On-screen keyboard would solve this issue...
    For your "number 7" issue, you don't need to hold the orange button down to get the number 7. Just press the orange button once, let go, and then press the number 7 button (doesn't need to be simultaneous). That way, you can get your finger away from the orange button and have more space to press the 7 button.

As far as keeping the Pre goes, have some light bleeding issues on my Pre, and the occasional reception issues as well. I might wind up exchanging it for a new Pre when a local store gets more in stock, but no, I won't be returning it outright. I've tried Blackberries (Curve, Bold, Storm), WinMo (Touch Pro, Treo Pro), iPhone, and Android. For my needs and usage, WebOS is great and tops my list. I probably would have stuck with an iPhone if it had multitasking (without jailbreaking), just for the sheer number of apps that I liked to use (a ton of streaming media apps and decent games). Hopefully, whe WebOS App Catalog will continue to grow and offer alternatives to the more popular apps available on the iPhone.
    Deff. keeping it. Best phone I've ever had.
  10. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Oh. Hell. Yes.
    I have the Treo 800wx, but had a Treo Pro (demo unit) for a bit. I got my wife the Pre and now I have to listen EVERYDAY to some new feature or reason why it's the best thing since...uh...me! She was using a Treo 800wx, and we had both used the Treo 700wx before the 800. Now, I want one BAD!!! Thank god my wife is as big a geek as I am!

Oh! she is def keepin it!
    Why can't the mobile device manufactures get that most want a touch screen and a front face QWERTY?
    Yes, I think I'm keeping it! I've only had it for about a week with the intent of making up my mind on day 29.

I was concerned about the Sprint reception problems that people were reporting online, but I've had no problems so far at the regular places I visit.

Today, I went on a field visit for a highway construction project for work. I've never been to the site before so I was tracking our position on Google Maps. While I was doing so, my manager kept asking me to take pictures of certain spots. Multitasking? No problem. I was smiling the whole time. I think these pictures are supposed to be geotagged also, right? If so, the street pictures (which all look alike) will be easier to make sense of later.

Plus you can't beat Sprint's monthly plans and discounts.

So barring any tragic problems before day 29, I think I'm sold. Best phone I've ever had.
    If the TP2 is as good as it looks - hardware / Full beautiful querty KB / 3.6 touch screen / SD Card / 3.2 camera / WM 6.1 - 6.5 / Many Apps / Video Rec / many solid features that work....I will kick my pre to the curb....webos is cool but is weak in many basic areas and the hardware is cheap....all I give up is multi tasking at least for me because I do not need to sync facebook and google...I just need a solid pda with features that work
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendellp View Post
    If the TP2 is as good as it looks - hardware / Full beautiful querty KB / 3.6 touch screen / SD Card / 3.2 camera / WM 6.1 - 6.5 / Many Apps / Video Rec / many solid features that work....I will kick my pre to the curb....webos is cool but is weak in many basic areas and the hardware is cheap....all I give up is multi tasking at least for me because I do not need to sync facebook and google...I just need a solid pda with features that work
    the one thing I can't stand about TP2 -- Windoze Mobile.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    im keeping my PRE!!! i love the i phone and the cool app this and app that. i know iphone has all the fart apps u want, but still lacks a ton of real phone items. and can u believe not only att bs overpriced less then perfect service, but then apple gets a cut of the money....ie unlimited data lg 20$ a month, apple 30$ a month.....its the same service.
    i have 3 times the service for 40% cheaper!!! the only fear palm / sprint should have is that apple / att get into more competitive pricing. outside of that....sprint and palm for me!!!!!!
    The Wams
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper101 View Post
    Will you be keeping your Pre? Why?
    Because

1. Don't want a Windows Mobile device
    2. Don't want an iPhone and don't want to be on AT&T's network
    3. Don't want a Google phone
    4. Love the overall cost on Sprint's network compared to other networks, and the service is outstanding

Plus I love the Pre.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    I would be lost without my pre. Love it, all my iphone friends are jealous!
    Well I will be getting my Pre sometime next week. But I am reading all of these negative things and I am getting a little worried.

I have never owed a Palm before but I have owned quite a few other phones.
    Sidekick 2
    Sidekick 3
    Blackberry Pearl
    1st Gen iPhone
    HTC Tilt
    iPhone 3g

Now I am by no means going to be using this phone for official business work. I typically use my phones for email, multimedia, text, and calender. So the pre seemed like a natural progression from the 3G.

But now after reading about the crashing, screen problems, battery life, and other bugs I am starting to question if I should get it. However, I do realize that the majority of the problems can* be fixed with an update. I just worry about how fast these fixes will come.

So, without further adieu...

I will be keeping my Pre..

Palm is a pioneer in the Samrt phone/PDA market they have been around longe rmaking Phones and PDA's they ahve a longer track record with a very stable history with their Previous Palm OS, This gives me no doubts on their ability to launch Web OS and build it into a legacy much like Palm previous Palm OS.

I suggest do not focus or even entertain the negativity, research you rneeds and if the phone can meet your needs based on Specs, and accurate unbiased reviews.

as with any 1st gen device there are minimal issues most of which have already been improved or fixed, the build quality is fine in the newer released phones, the battery & power issues have laready improved. as far as the Apps avail. Give palm time, This is a new device and the potentila for deveopers is endless, you can learn to write your own apps for use with htis Phone as the SDK has been released. It is an excellent way to learn Web programming and a good resource.

If you ave been a Blackberry user there are a few nice upgrades with the Pre, you will most like miss only 1 thing about the BB that the Pre doesn't have, the trackball. But the Pre makes up for it in an intelligent UI design and touch integration, faster more brilliant OS.

I came from the Treo side, I am used to Palm s quality in their products, I liked the QWERTY keyboard The Treo gives me what I Need 1st & foremost and it gives me some Awesome extras.

Research the phone.. Specs, ect.
    Cost of ownership ( plan rates)
    Your personal needs in a phone.. ( Needs vs Wants)
    Qualify your self based on what you need in the phone, what can you live without or better yet what extras are you willing to pay for.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Well I will be getting my Pre sometime next week. But I am reading all of these negative things and I am getting a little worried.

I have never owed a Palm before but I have owned quite a few other phones.
    Sidekick 2
    Sidekick 3
    Blackberry Pearl
    1st Gen iPhone
    HTC Tilt
    iPhone 3g

Now I am by no means going to be using this phone for official business work. I typically use my phones for email, multimedia, text, and calender. So the pre seemed like a natural progression from the 3G.

But now after reading about the crashing, screen problems, battery life, and other bugs I am starting to question if I should get it. However, I do realize that the majority of the problems can* be fixed with an update. I just worry about how fast these fixes will come.

So, without further adieu...

In a word: Yes. I feel like this phone was what the Instinct was sold to me as. Basically, I was sold a dream, and the dream came true with this phone.

Okay, as far as progression from iPhone to Pre.. I'm not sure about that one. They're both great phones, however they both have two different perspectives (that sometimes overlap).

I think it's safe to say that the iPhone is better suited to your needs of multimedia and or entertainment, but I think the Pre shines in text and email.
    I prefer the iPhone's calender to the Pre's, but remember the Pre hasn't been out that long.

I have no problems with bugs, except for a few homebrew apps that decide to bug every now and then.
    If I were you... I'd break the mold and go with a Pre.
    60% chance that I'm keeping it.

PROS:
    - Love the interface
    - Multi-tasking it awesome
    - Already had sync'd with iTunes, so all my music is there
    - Apps will eventually come

CONS:
    - Battery life, but iPhone isn't much better from what I gather
    - Sprint coverage... shotty at my work, and several dropped calls already when I'm normally not used to that.
    - Slow response in going from one app to another, but I have to remember this is not a computer.
    - Not liking the lack of sync with Palm Desktop for Contacts. I miss my "CTRL-F" find feature because all the contacts (3K of them) are just synced with Google for now.

I've had the phone now for 7 days, so I'm still feeling it out.

I haven't played enough with an iPhone, so I will be doing that over the next 10 days or so.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast