1.    #1  
    Yes, even better than the iPhone. I love this thing. If you don't have one just go out and get one.
    I agree, while I haven't owned an iphone bc i have been on sprint I have played with some of my friends and had extensive smartphone experience with winmo, nokia and palm.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wvdominick View Post
    Yes, even better than the iPhone. I love this thing. If you don't have one just go out and get one.
    You said it absolutely correct. It has it's shortcomings (battery life anyone?), but it absolutely SLAYS the iPhone. Apple has it's work cut out for them too, as they'd have to completely rewrite their OS to outdo the Pre. Buy Palm stock, and buy it now.
    off-topic, but i don't see Palm's stock going up much in the next 6 months. It takes a while for popularity to brew.
    Quote Originally Posted by buyrihn View Post
    Apple has it's work cut out for them too, as they'd have to completely rewrite their OS to outdo the Pre. Buy Palm stock, and buy it now.
    You clearly don't know much about the design of operating systems, or I would suspect, software development.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I agree that it is the best phone I have used. I don't have an iPhone but my best friend does and I have played with it enough, imo, to know it pretty well.
    The iphone is the best media device with a phone, but the phone sux. The phone aspect of the Pre is much better right down to what matters most and that's call quality.
    The iPhone truly feels humongous now. We were putting them next to each other and the iPhone looks like the cell phones Scully and Mulder used in Season one of the X-files.
    If Sprint and Palm keep rolling out new stuff, they have a great chance of really competing with Apple. I don't think they will surpass any time soon, Apple has a huge install base of what? 20 million users? But a good competition is always good for the consumer.
    Personally I am completely satisfied with the Pre as I have had Sprint for like 10 years and I think they hit a home run with it.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    You clearly don't know much about the design of operating systems, or I would suspect, software development.
    You'd suspect wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    off-topic, but i don't see Palm's stock going up much in the next 6 months. It takes a while for popularity to brew.
    The stock has gone from $2 a share to $13 in 6 months based purely on hype. If Palm turns around another phone (eos) quickly the stock will soar.

More than likely a big player (Dell, Motorola) will try to buy or merge with Palm. Dell would love to put the WebOS on mini laptops.
    agree!
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    By far, they best I've had.

In the back of my mind I was hoping to struggle a bit - figure things out, but there was so much online info here. I had my Exchange and personal emails set up and synced, had texted the news, picked a spot for lunch on Where, and was listening to Pandora all in the 15 minute drive home from Sprint. Don't know if I scared any people with erratic driving.
    completely agree!
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    battery main problem