1.    #1  
    Have you found that the pre does more then the centro? I know it has a better camera and a larger, clearer screen but thats all I see. I don't like the phone and I am a pre freak. I have had the treo 600, 650, 700, and centro. I really liked all of those but this pre does not do it for me. So tell me, how does it compare in your opinion.
    I'm coming from the Treo Pro, which the Pre dusts before it's even turned on. Before the Pro, I had the 800w which in my opinion had one of the greatest keyboards ever. Again, my opinion.

As far as the Centro goes, aside from asthetics, I believe it's merely a better camera and screen as you said. However, with the ability to run SUPPOSEDLY more apps through the App Store there may be a HUGE difference in a matter of months.

Does the Centro have WiFi?
    the centro was simple basic and utilitarian. and pretty bulletproof when it came to being a basic Phone and PIM manager. def more eye candy and POWER (browsing etc.) with the PRE. i think we can't fully judge until we get used to the new.
  4.    #4  
    I hope we get more apps to help. Yes the pre has wifi.
    I'm coming from a 680, which is like a Centro.

The Pre is better:
    faster
    great resolution in videos, youtube, etc.
    nice looking
    contacts manages easier
    Camera is very good
    Internet is a real internet experience (with zoom, etc)
    Touch with finger, not stylus

The Centro is better:
    See more calendar lines in the day view
    Categories for Contacts
    Text messaging has the ability to pre-program text messages
    emoticons
    video camera
    Can select and delete groups of email

It takes some adjustment. Palm dumped various aspects of the old OS that were pretty functional yet added some other very nice features. Pre is a lot less intuitive than the Centro in my opinion -- it takes more getting used to.

Hope this helps.
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    Centro is still a better Email phone......but Pre is a better Phone all around.
    Coming from the Centro it was a bit of a learning curve, but not bad. The Centro was simple and effective, but the OS bogged it down and limited it. It really needs a capacitive touchscreen to be a great phone. And no, the Centro doesn't have WiFi.
    I kinda like stylus based programs. The Pre doesn't work with a stylus. There is a huge difference in the keyboard with the Pre being very cramped.

Don't get me wrong, the Pre is a stunning machine but it is so different from the Palm OS environement that I don't believe the phones are comparable. It is like apples and oranges.

The major design flaw, in my view, is that your only option currently is to store or backup all your data on the internet rather than your own personal computer. If you originate most of your contact info on your computer then the Pre is not for you.
  9. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Coming from a 680, the only thing I miss is the 'privacy' option in Memos. Oh, and SplashID. Hotkeys for apps. Ok, so that's 3 things. Otherwise, the Pre is great.
    how many times have you reached for the STYLUS?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    or the five-way button?
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    or the five-way button?
    now i catch myself trying to scroll the screen with my cursor on my PC!
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    I keep reaching for the 5way nav.
    Quote Originally Posted by reidme View Post
    I keep reaching for the 5way nav.
    I kept forgetting that the center button doesn't do the same as the 5 way nav did. I guess it's a learning curve.
    There are many things I love about the Pre such as the screen, faster browser and synergy... but there are many things I am missing by leaving my Centro: no time stamp for texts, no emoticons or quick text, no fwd texts or group, fav app keys, 8 quick launch keys(4 soft, 4 hard), lots of customization options... and I knew ahead of time to say ta ta to apps and syncing.

I do like the Pre a lot... not in love with leyboard,but hated centro's too (its these nails). Love the screen size and colors, browsing is better except for pages not adjusting automatically. I'm really missing a screen that tells me a summary of tasks and events scheduled for the day.
    So the jury is still out for me. I have to really see if it works as functionally for me.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 06/07/2009 at 01:35 PM. Reason: fixed
    Quote Originally Posted by athenacharmaine View Post
    Have you found that the pre does more then the centro? I know it has a better camera and a larger, clearer screen but thats all I see. I don't like the phone and I am a pre freak. I have had the treo 600, 650, 700, and centro. I really liked all of those but this pre does not do it for me. So tell me, how does it compare in your opinion.
    You're a Pre freak or a Palm freak? I've gone 300>600>700p>755p>Centro. I planned on getting one, even had one reserved but I'm going to wait a little and see how the initial reports go. I imagine it isn't best to first in line for a first generation device.

It's taken awhile but at least my Centro is stable!