Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    I just bought your Solitaire and Spit games, lol. I forget how to play Spit, but it reminded me of when I was a little kid. :-P
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Oh weird... you cannot drag/drop the cards?
    Just to keep the feedback for this in one place:

I ended up buying the $1.99 solitaire and it's nice, but could use more. The animations and graphics are good, and I like that it keeps score and has an online leaderboard, but otherwise, eh.

No double-tap to move the aces to the top, no drag and drop (which is especially helpful for seeing which cards are in the middle of a long stack), and the selection setup has made me do the wrong move a couple of times. Also, I'd love to see local stats for my top scores, maybe average number of moves to win, and number of games played / winning percentage. Also would be nice if it had a portrait option.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSuSE View Post
    Oh weird... you cannot drag/drop the cards?
    I actually like not having to fumble around dragging them, this way I can use 2 fingers on the screen, one to select the stack the other to put them where I want them. Makes for very fast games.
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    I actually like not having to fumble around dragging them, this way I can use 2 fingers on the screen, one to select the stack the other to put them where I want them. Makes for very fast games.
    It's a nice style of gameplay... as an option. As basic as Solitaire is, it felt strange and well... annoying to not be able to play the way I am used to playing. I do agree with the thought that piles should deselect after moves.
    It's a nice style of gameplay... as an option. As basic as Solitaire is, it felt strange and well... annoying to not be able to play the way I am used to playing. I do agree with the thought that piles should deselect after moves.
    I've been playing the homebrew Solitaire for some time, and it took a minute to get used to it, but I find I prefer it now. I always had a hard time selecting just the right amount of cards on the homebrew Solitaire, this is more like Windows based Spider Solitaire in the selection regard.
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    I've been playing the homebrew Solitaire for some time, and it took a minute to get used to it, but I find I prefer it now. I always had a hard time selecting just the right amount of cards on the homebrew Solitaire, this is more like Windows based Spider Solitaire in the selection regard.
    I guess it's just a personal preference like anything else. Not saying the gameplay style is wrong or bad... but it's definitely not immediately obvious or intuitive. I am playing a little now, and I am getting used to it... but so far I definitely don't prefer it.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dannns View Post
    Well, my Classic Solitaire game has just been released today in the App Catalog. Give it a try
    Damn, I'd love to, but I can't b/c apparently with 7GB of free memory left I have no room for anymore applications
    Quote Originally Posted by domer View Post
    Damn, I'd love to, but I can't b/c apparently with 7GB of free memory left I have no room for anymore applications
    I know this isn't a complete solution and that Palm needs to get their official fix out, but in the meantime, I really suggest installing the Fair Dinkum program from Preware.

I don't see how Palm could not have this fixed by the next update, myself.
    There's actually two solitaire games out now! ones 1.99 and the other is .99. I downloaded them both the .99 cent one is much better gameplay and looks.
    Quote Originally Posted by paul321 View Post
    There's actually two solitaire games out now! ones 1.99 and the other is .99. I downloaded them both the .99 cent one is much better gameplay and looks.
    Does it do landscape mode? If not, I'm not real interested.
    Hey, does anyone have both solitaires that came out that can give the pros and cons of both?
    the 99c solitaire doesn't have ant options and is very very basic. Draw 3, boring graphics, no animation, confusion when I first started because I thought it'd be a drag and drop type game. The 1.99 solitaire is the best thus far, better than the homebrew solitire too, imo.
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    the 99c solitaire doesn't have ant options and is very very basic. Draw 3, boring graphics, no animation, confusion when I first started because I thought it'd be a drag and drop type game. The 1.99 solitaire is the best thus far, better than the homebrew solitire too, imo.
    I agree except about the better than homebrew part. In my opinion, at this stage, it's just different... I wouldn't call it better yet. That said, the homebrew one is long abandoned so this Classic one has more potential.
    I agree except about the better than homebrew part. In my opinion, at this stage, it's just different... I wouldn't call it better yet. That said, the homebrew one is long abandoned so this Classic one has more potential.
    I've played a lot of Classic Solitaire today, and I absolutely like it better than the homebrew Solitaire, I've gotten so accustomed to the interface in this short amount of time, it's become very easy to use, and I'm getting very fast at it. You don't even have to flick cards towards the aces stack, just flick them any which way, and it'll put them where they need to go, makes for very quick play, especially when you got 4 rows of cards perfectly laid out to finish up the game. I'm glad it came out, and look forward to any changes the developer makes. I've already uninstalled the homebrew one, and the only reason I'm keeping the .99 one is to see if it progresses at all.
    What are yall talking about I have it on my phone. I play it all the time.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Somebody made solitaire a long time ago for homebrew...

Today it's released into app catalog for $$$ =/.
    Why is everyone so against spending money on the App Catalog? People are putting time and money into their apps, even if they're just simple solitaire or whatever. The homebrew solitaire was decent, but had visual issues with 1.2, the cards are really small, and more importantly, the project is abandoned. What's the big deal about a dollar or two for a game you really like?
  19.    #39  
    i got both the available solitaires, imho the classic one is better one.

i deleted the homebrew one.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Can anyone tell me whether either of the app catalog solitaire games have an undo option? I know it's against the "spirit" of the game or whatever but my favorite part of solitaire has always been seeing whether a particular set of cards was solvable or not, and that requires lots of restarting and undoing.

If this isn't a current functionality, maybe a developer will read this an implement it :-)
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast