Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    I can't find any undo menu item. Is there a gesture for that, or is it just missing?
    We ran into what many other Palm Pre owners are looking for..where is the "undo" feature on the Palm pre? Is it a special gesture or (shift) key pull down menu? We need that undo feature on the Palm Pre ASAP!
    Haha I wish we had one too, there have been times where I accidently deleted a line of text, or accidently deleted and email and wished I could do a simple gesture or anything to retreive it back fast.
  4. ndz
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Undo (or function-Z) would be nice under the edit menu. I have accidentally deleted info a few times and wished I could undo it.
    Yep, another major oversight. I've already inadvertently deleted some important (10 year old) memos. Add this to the top of the "Things To Fix ASAP" list.
    Um. Yeah. Where IS undo? Kinda crucial, ya know?
    Can you just shake it or something?

(honest question)
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I wish they would use the copy & paste gestures such as Gesture Bar + C, V, or X for other basic keyboard shortcuts. It would be so easy to implement a "+ Z" function to undo various actions or a "+ A" to select all text.
    Yeah... my Apple Newton from 1996 has better text editing than this crap!!! What the hell!!! People are freaking retarded. No Undo?!?! AL;KRJL;AKJSDFL;AJKSDF;LAJKDKLF;AJS;LDKFJAL;SKDFJ;LKAJ

And how about arrow keys and page-up/page-down... double-tap to select a word, triple-tap to select a whole paragraph... etc. BASIC STUFF GUYS COME ON!

-=DG=-
    Quote Originally Posted by darkgoob View Post
    Yeah... my Apple Newton from 1996 has better text editing than this crap!!! What the hell!!! People are freaking retarded. No Undo?!?! AL;KRJL;AKJSDFL;AJKSDF;LAJKDKLF;AJS;LDKFJAL;SKDFJ;LKAJ

And how about arrow keys and page-up/page-down... double-tap to select a word, triple-tap to select a whole paragraph... etc. BASIC STUFF GUYS COME ON!

-=DG=-
    Maybe you should try yoga or meditation or something.....
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by DelSam View Post
    We ran into what many other Palm Pre owners are looking for..where is the "undo" feature on the Palm pre? Is it a special gesture or (shift) key pull down menu? We need that undo feature on the Palm Pre ASAP!
    Same here. I've blown some ancient records by mistake and could not retrieve them.

But, is "Undo" missing or hidden?
    I also really need undo. Any news?
    Undo: place your palm pre under your car tire and back up two feet. then go forward. repeat. solves a lot of my other problems as well
    Still waiting for this very basic function that's been available on my other pda's for more than 10 years...

anyone......?
    plus 1
    +2

then again I miss being able to move my cursor too ..... Although for the time being I will give up those features for the added features of the pre
    yeah i found this strange, it's just tooo big of an oversight
    1.4 better bring it!
    but alas i'm guessing it wont bring much
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    +2

then again I miss being able to move my cursor too ..... Although for the time being I will give up those features for the added features of the pre
    do people ever read the manual?

1. open the keyboard.
    2. tap on the text where you want to move the cursor, somewhere
    3. hold the orange option key
    4. while you perform 3., move your finger around the screen, anywhere. the cursor will move accordingly.

nice, actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by kanzlr View Post
    1. open the keyboard.
    2. tap on the text where you want to move the cursor, somewhere
    3. hold the orange option key
    4. while you perform 3., move your finger around the screen, anywhere. the cursor will move accordingly.
    ::yawn::
    Takes 2 hands +
    2 awkward
    2 slow
    2 inaccurate
    did I mention you can't move the cursor one-handed on webOS?
    My "very handy solution" to undoing stuff when I'm editing a contact for example and I delete their number by mistake, is hitting sym+orange+R to reboot the phone. A "cancel" option would be nice....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast