Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Badandy127 View Post
    Can you just shake it or something?

(honest question)
    no
    Quote Originally Posted by redskyy View Post
    I wish they would use the copy & paste gestures such as Gesture Bar + C, V, or X for other basic keyboard shortcuts. It would be so easy to implement a "+ Z" function to undo various actions or a "+ A" to select all text.
    The gesture+A to select all text does exist. I use it frequently.
    Sorry that this post isn't very useful, but after holding back ranting about the inability to access memos (which are pretty ****weak anyhow) and TODOs from my computer, I can hold back no longer.

On Palm O/S, there were three ways you could correct a mistake:
    1. undo (blob-Z on the Treo)
    2. cancel editing whatever record you're on
    3. if you totally stuff it up, fix it on your computer and you'll just end up with a dupe record—this works both ways

None of these options are possible on the Pre! No undo, no cancellation, and syncing is automatic so no help there, either!

The ability to fix mistakes is a fundamental usability requirement for any platform; Palm understood this when they developed Palm O/S (or, at least, U.S. Robotics did—I got my first web O/S device from them in the mid-90s); how could they have forgotten? Some product manager really needs to be sacked. (Hopefully this won't affect any of my friends who work there. )
    so, any news on this issue??

seems unbelievable that this is not fixed.
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by splashote View Post
    so, any news on this issue??

seems unbelievable that this is not fixed.
    "Notes" by Inglorious Apps has undo, but it looks like it is going to be up to developers to implement this feature on an app by app basis.
    clearly this a feature that needs to be included on an app my app basis. Is not really a flaw in webOS itself.

as far as moving the cursor, out of all OSs w/o a trackball, this method has by far been the easiest for me.
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    clearly this a feature that needs to be included on an app my app basis. Is not really a flaw in webOS itself...
    True, but it is a flaw that NONE of the built-in webOS apps (email, calendar, notes, tasks, etc.) have undo.
    +1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12