Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Yeah people don't seem to like it. I thought it might just be me, because I don't like it and this is my fourth palm phone I had the 600, 650, 700 and centro and I loved all of them. The pre is a real disappointment to me and I have been waiting since January!
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    I knew what I was getting in to when I bought this phone. But I want to experience this; the newness. As long as there are no critical issues, I'm more than happy with my phone.
    It's not depressing to me. I haven't had any of the issues that some are reporting: no dead pixels, 0 crashes, no leakage, etc.

There are some basic missing features that disappoint me but so far none of them are deal breakers.
    Okay so i have been reading all the posts around on different forums, and including the ones in this thread among others. And all i can say a few of them i have asked the OP questions about their device that they cannot answer meaning the post was a person faking having a palm pre to give it a bad rep. I do not understand why people must do it, who really cares who has the better phone all i care is that it works. I love my Pre, it does what i need it to do and then some, are there a few things i don't like? Yes of course but its been that way with every phone i have owned. I am very happy with it and i bet at least 80% of customers who bought it are. The one thing we need to hope is that Sprint does not forget about this phone like they forgot the Instinct....
    This is the first time that I have been an early adopter and I was concerned about problems. (I was with Verizon for years and it's hard to be an early adopter of any phone on that service!)

I'm loving my Pre. I don't seem to have some of the problems others have found -- no light leaking or crashing so far. I wish that the battery would last longer, but I'm giving it a little time to settle into a routine.

You've got 30 days -- give yourself a little time to get used to it and give Palm and Sprint a chance to fix the problems.
    I think the people that complain or point out negatives are often either

1. the ones who always complain
    2. the power users

I am loving this phone, yes it has quirks and I have complaints but I a an electronic geek and find flaws with almost every device out there.

and its launch, the people who are loving it are probably somewhere else not on a forum

not all of us forum dwellers are as positive as sunshine hah
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    I think the majority of the issues are based on expectations, personality, and perceptions.

Some people expected a choir of angels to sing when they picked up their new device. Nothing would be able to live up to such high expectations.

Others are just nit picky. They feel that it's their purpose in life to find the flaws, and make sure everyone knows how bad they think the flaws are.

For some, it's just perception. The only thing I've run into that I haven't been able to resolve is getting a Pop3 email account to work. Some would look at this as a major problem. I look at it as a challenge. I will get it to work.

I don't mean to blow off those with legitimate device issues. There are always going to be some. I don't care what you buy, or who makes it; there is always going to be a percentage of the units that have issues. It sucks, but it's reality.

Personally, after 1 day, I like the phone. I'm certainly not going to decide to condemn it until I've had a chance to really use it as I would through my regular work week. I will give it the full 30 days before I make any final judgements. But so far, so good.
    People just don't have any perspective. Every device has issues. The ones of the Pre have more impact right now because people have only been exposed to the POSITIVES of the device for months and months.

I promise you the iPhone forums w/ powerusers on other devices were the exact same in the first couple of weeks. Screen issues, where are the apps/functionality?, and - my personal favorite - "It doesn't do anything that my old Treo/Blackberry/iPaq/dumbphone couldn't do". The vast majority of people stuck with the platform and helped it mature.

Sprint - or no company for that matter - doesn't sell out a brand new device in a day or so because it's mediocre or people hate it. They do it because it's quite attractive and appealing, and people mostly love it. If you see more complaints than ever on these forums...guess what? More people than ever (for Sprint, at least) have bought this device in one day! There should be more complaints.

I'm 90 percent overjoyed with it, and I spent most of yesterday exploring it...not making threads on this forum about it. Even I have issues with it, but I had a LOT more with my previous two phones (The Instinct S30 and the Centro) and the iPhone (well, I own an iPod Touch 16GB). Let's see where they go with the platform and apps before we pronounce a death sentence, yeah?
    Ehhh..... After sleeping on it I'm pretty sure I'm gonna stay with the Pre over my Bold. I'm confident between updates and application development, this phone is gonna kick some ***
    I'm a Pre gal now
    I think that part of the reason you're not seeing more posts praising the Pre is because most of us happy purchasers are busy playing with our new toy!!!
    I have a couple small problems with mine... however I feel WebOS meets all my expectations, and I have to say I love my pre.. The call quality is great, and I am getting used to keyboard.. Cards are awesome... I came from a 2 year old blackberry pearl with T-mobile.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    2 Things:

1) There are some legitimate criticisms of shortfalls on the phone that I think will be addressed. Vocalizing those could be very helpful in helping Palm further fine-tune and polish the Pre / WebOS.

2) It is here as it is in the world. It's the angry/upset/unhappy minority that is loud, period. Not the happy / satisfied majority. The people who love their phones are busy using them and showing them to their friends and people who've never heard of "precentral.net"
    Best phone ever. So far.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    It's human nature. More people are likely to come here to complain than to praise. I've owned every Treo, the Centro, and the Touch Pro and several other handsets, and EVERY time the same thing happens.

There are legitimate bumps in the road here, but I think we're part of something new and great. I have no worries that Palm/Sprint wont make it right by us.
    the reality is that YES its a new phone new os new everything....YES people need to make the issues known so they can be fixed...but like anything in life...NOTHING is 100%...if there was a perfect phone we would all have the same phone...

In the same respect these issues are relevant and any new phone coming out people DO find issues that need to be addressed and fixed...in reality WE are the testers who find bugs that companies truly fix...i dont ever remember ANY phone coming out and people NOT posting that they should fix this, or her is a glitch or wish it had this...

All we need to hope for now is Palm is proactive and pushes updates frequently and perhaps give us a method to send them these glitches so they can include them and send updates frequently....

There is NO need to bash the phone cause you are an old POS user and of course its different...if you liked analog odometers in a car, with times they are now digital on most....times change and either adapt or be stuck in your ways and keep the older technology...NEVER will there be a time where everyone is 100% satisfied with everything
    On the forums, the people that have negative things to say are here complaing while the people who are having fun are off having fun with their Pres. I have no reason to make a bunch of threads about how great it is, I made one and then I was off. I hope this settles down soon or else I'll have to find another forum where every thread isn't complaining about the smallest thing and ignoring that the thing just. effing. launched. yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    On the forums, the people that have negative things to say are here complaing while the people who are having fun are off having fun with their Pres. I have no reason to make a bunch of threads about how great it is, I made one and then I was off. I hope this settles down soon or else I'll have to find another forum where every thread isn't complaining about the smallest thing and ignoring that the thing just. effing. launched. yesterday.
    I totall agree. I've been checking the forums on my pre. And I have no qualms wirh it.my only problem is having ti show it off lol. The forums will normalize when all the fanbiys realize they should stick with their dumbphone.
    Its the best phone i've ever had... Bar None....

No one is a bigger fanboy than me.... but Lets not forget when both iPhones came out.... there were MANY more issues...

For every one small compliant there are 100 people who love their phone... maybe more...
    palm m103 > palm m130 > palm TlX > 755p > PRE (FINALLY!!!!)
    Human by nature focuses on the negative. You can have a hundred positive posts but it only takes one negative post to bring it all down.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    I hope this settles down soon or else I'll have to find another forum where every thread isn't complaining about the smallest thing and ignoring that the thing just. effing. launched. yesterday.
    It has been in development, though, for ages. It feels incomplete. Kind of like when PC games are released before they are truly ready, just to get them out the door, because they can be patched later on to include missing and broken features.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast