Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Yes, the pre does support multi language, it is the input that is difficult.... yes you are all correct, it is unicode so Japanese Chinese all ok.... DR Grace is right, CKJOS won't work.... it probably wouldn't allow you to cut and paste, I have tried to upload the OLD palm desktop Chinese Char to Google, and it didn't work, Unicode is now the 'norm', old chararter sets are now incompatiable with Google & the Pre etc....
    How to copy the characters out from the Pre Webpage??
    I cant post links..but try googling..
    com.yourdomain.pinyinime_1.0.2_all.ipk
    com.yourdomain.pinyinime_1.0.3_all.ipk

from treo8 website

works great. Use webOSinstall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Ng View Post
    How to copy the characters out from the Pre Webpage??
    Press the shift key and tap on a paragraph. It'll be highlighted in yellow. Then tap on the gesture area while holding "C" and you'll see a notification that the selected range has been copied. gesture+V to paste in email, etc.
    Last edited by Dr.Grace; 12/04/2009 at 02:50 PM. Reason: (Sorry, changed "orange" to "shift").
    Quote Originally Posted by tyman View Post
    I cant post links..but try googling..
    com.yourdomain.pinyinime_1.0.2_all.ipk
    com.yourdomain.pinyinime_1.0.3_all.ipk

from treo8 website

works great. Use webOSinstall.
    Thanks! Google only showed 1.0.2. It works well. Do you have a link for the newer version? (You can just paste in the part after html://, I think.) And do you know what's improved in 1.0.3?
    全角是什么意思?

(pasted the above from this app)

It's a bit annoying to have to switch to English input to type a question mark, and I'd like to have the option to use traditional characters, but this app works reasonably well for simplified ones.
    Thanks, Doc and everyone, reason I asked how to copy and paste is that I have downgraded back to 1.1.3 Europe verison of Webos, it does not allow coping on the pages BUT since the appl cat problem is solved in 1.3.1 I have gone back to that more advance version, cut and paste function become a norm.... thanks all for the help...... however, still waiting for a NON-web based Chinese software...... as sometimes I do not have web access when travelling.......
    The com.yourdomain.pinyinime_1.0.2_all.ipk app doesn't require an internet connection. You can use filecoaster or WebOSQuickInstall to install it.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123