Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    I know on most Sprint phones you can lock out roaming and only have service on Sprint networks. Playing with the Pre I can't seem to find that option anywhere, is it possible?
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmare View Post
    I know on most Sprint phones you can lock out roaming and only have service on Sprint networks. Playing with the Pre I can't seem to find that option anywhere, is it possible?
    Go to the Phone App, then tap the upper left corner where it says "Sprint" and then go down to "Preferences" then down to "Voice Network" and then you can change it to Sprint only.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

    Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, I totally missed the pulldown menu on the phone card.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmare View Post
    Thanks, I totally missed the pulldown menu on the phone card.
    No problem...
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

    Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
  5. #5  
    Thank you! i was looking to see how to do this last night! And its here this morning! Great post!
  6. ddegraw's Avatar
    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    #6  
    Im sorry, I feel stupid, but I tap on the upper left where it says sprint and it doesnt do anything. Can you give my any more info? Do I go to the app catalog?
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ddegraw View Post
    Im sorry, I feel stupid, but I tap on the upper left where it says sprint and it doesnt do anything. Can you give my any more info? Do I go to the app catalog?
    Bring up the dialpad, and then click Sprint in the upper left. Select Preferences.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
  8. mosdl's Avatar
    Posts
    781 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #8  
    Would disabling roaming save juice since the phone won't be constantly looking for verizon?
  9. ddegraw's Avatar
    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    #9  
    thanks, i got it now!
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    Would disabling roaming save juice since the phone won't be constantly looking for verizon?
    Probably would save some if you were in a fringe area but you'd risk missing some calls.
  11. S4Rs's Avatar
    Posts
    55 Posts
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    #11  
    why disable roaming when you get it for free with an everything plan. Voice and Data. Just not in other countries.
  12. tuz
    tuz is offline
    tuz's Avatar
    Posts
    145 Posts
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    #12  
    and to confirm again (cause I'm in a roaming area all summer), the pre works fine when roaming? synergy and internet and everything? (just drains power obviously)
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by S4Rs View Post
    why disable roaming when you get it for free with an everything plan. Voice and Data. Just not in other countries.
    Generally at my work I go in and out of service, so I don't want to be caught roaming, and wasting battery life.
  14. cyndy's Avatar
    Posts
    211 Posts
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    #14  
    thanks! that saved me some searching. i'll disable roaming when i'm in europe next month. i should still be able to use the pre with wifi over there, right?
    My journey: PalmPilotPro->PalmPilotIIIx->Treo300->Treo600->Treo650->Treo755p->Pre->FrankenPre2

Posting Permissions