Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Since Google contacts doesnt have a place for birthdays/anniverserys etc... I added them into each individual contact. I thought this would link into my calendar now, but it doesnt. Is there any way to make this happen, without actually having to type it into the calendar also?

In other words, can my birthdays that I type into the contacts on my phone, link to the calendar app?

It would be nice to set up reminders to call someone etc... on their birthday thru contacts auto-linking with calendar.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Google contacts DOES have a birthday field. Are you using the Google contacs app itself, or the one in gmail? The standalone one certainly does have this. Not sure it really makes a difference for your question about adding automatically to the calendar though.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gjlowe View Post
    Google contacts DOES have a birthday field. Are you using the Google contacs app itself, or the one in gmail? The standalone one certainly does have this. Not sure it really makes a difference for your question about adding automatically to the calendar though.
    Have not used google contacts, but just went and looked at it.

It just seems like an extra step. Why would this not be included on the contacts list in gmail? Its just one more place to go an enter info, instead of in one place.

Lol, anyway, thank you for pointing that out for me.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    No problem. I think the Google Contacts standalone app is better than the built in Gmail one, and I assume eventually they will integrate them, but there is still a long way to go

What I would really like is for the Pre to allow us to sync the My Contacts subcategory rather than just All Contacts, but I am sure this has been covered to death here already...
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Hmmm, added some birthdays thru Google Contacts, saved, and then forced the phone to sync and birthdays are not added, to either the calendar or the contacts info in the phone.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    No problem. I think the Google Contacts standalone app is better than the built in Gmail one, and I assume eventually they will integrate them, but there is still a long way to go

What I would really like is for the Pre to allow us to sync the My Contacts subcategory rather than just All Contacts, but I am sure this has been covered to death here already...
    No kidding, that would be the greatest and would save a lot of hassle.

As I am using my phone I do find myself scrolling a lot to find a contact, as opposed to opening the phone and typing a name. So I keep scrolling past all these mostly useless contacts.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Crap...you are right! That is bogus...I spent 2 hours fixing up my contacts last night... didn't bother to actually check on the birthday thing. Put it on the bug list
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Crap...you are right! That is bogus...I spent 2 hours fixing up my contacts last night... didn't bother to actually check on the birthday thing. Put it on the bug list
    Come on! You were supposed to have an answer for me! No thanks for you! Lol, I do hope they get this fixed soon. I was really looking forward to that.

I guess I will continue to put them in google contacts, and hope next update fixes it.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    I am testing to see what happens when I add the birthday on the Pre...if it puts some weird note or something in the Google contact... will update in a moment....
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Doesn't seem to have any effect on the Google Contact....
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Doesn't seem to have any effect on the Google Contact....
    Would seem like a pretty easy fix, it's just linking another field to sync. Hopefully this one gets fixed pretty fast.!
    I am testing to see what happens when I add the birthday on the Pre...if it puts some weird note or something in the Google contact... will update in a moment....

im seeing this too, but was wondering if you see the birthday in the calendar anyway.

also, i have us holidays in the google calendar, but they dont show up on the pre.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I also have us holiday in my google calendar. Even if google doesn't do this for us, the phone should just add it to the palm calender at least. I mean every other phone in existance has this feature. I'm wondering how many ppl actually tested this while it was in production. they should of been messing with web os in treos or what not to give us a better quality product. I love the phone. BUt I'm saying what went on?
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    also, i have us holidays in the google calendar, but they dont show up on the pre.
    US holidays from google calendar are showing up on my Pre.

Also, in past Palm devices, I seem to remember that birthdays have usually showed up in the calendar only a few days before the day.
    Do facebook birthdays also show up on the Pre? i am thinking this may cause duplicate birthdays in the calendar.
    off topic n iv asked in tons of threads nobody can answer lol can someone send a single text to multi contacts and tell me whats the max number if any? like 50 or 100? lol
    Off topic indeed! Yes, you can send a single text msg to multiple people, just hit enter after each recipient.
    I see Facebook birthdays in the contacts, but not displayed in the calendar yet that I can tell.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Heres a question. I have all my birthdays on my google calander as events. Is there any way (Setting in google maybe) to get it to stop sending me emails reminders at Midnight the night before that persons birthday? I have alot of friends born in June and July so to say its been driving me nuts lol
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    US holidays from google calendar are showing up on my Pre.

Also, in past Palm devices, I seem to remember that birthdays have usually showed up in the calendar only a few days before the day.
    i am now seeing the holidays, i also created anew google calender for birthdays (i dont have many I need to remember) and they are now showing up too.

on the plam i had agendus, and the birthdays were always listed.

I updated the birthdays in the stand alone google contact, hopefully one day the pre will take it from there and post them on the calendar.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.