1.    #1  
    Does the Pre have a limit on the number of e-mail acc'ts you can set up in the e-mail program? I currently have eight acc'ts set up and when I tried to add another (actually wasn't going to add another, just wanted to see the exact text before you fill in the blank so I could post it on another thread), nothing happens when I hit the button to add an acc't (on the bottom of the preferences/accounts screen) and it looks greyed out a bit, too.

In a couple months I will have another e-mail address to add. I would like to be able to add it as a ninth address (and maybe have another as a tenth instead of separating those messages into folders), although right now I do have one address that I could delete of the Pre if need be. I just hope that Palm fixes it so there is no limit, or at least a larger limit of 12 or something.
    Wow dude, you have a lot of email addresses! I don't know the answer to your question though :P.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Hm... When I started reading, I thought, "I think Chatter limited the user to 8 always-online accounts." When I saw 8 was your number too, I figured I should post and suggest.

When I was using Chatter I had a couple accounts always-on, and the rest (non-urgent accounts) I'd sync every 30 minutes or hour. I don't know how the Pre's e-mail is set up, but it's worth a shot to see if you can configure some of your accounts to poll periodically, and then see if the menu options are available.

Please let us know if you figure it out...
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ellianth View Post
    Wow dude, you have a lot of email addresses! I don't know the answer to your question though :P.
    Haha, yes, I do. That's not all of them, either. (I would never put a certain one on a phone, as it gets wayyyy too much SPAM and mailings from businesses I've dealt with [sometimes I do want to see those messages, so I don't unsubscribe from them] over the 20+ years I've had it.)

A few of the addresses are for some Yahoo! Groups I'm on, a few are for a Web site I have, and one is for personal mail. The one(s) I'm going to need to add within the next few months are for business.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by tdcrone View Post
    Hm... When I started reading, I thought, "I think Chatter limited the user to 8 always-online accounts." When I saw 8 was your number too, I figured I should post and suggest.

When I was using Chatter I had a couple accounts always-on, and the rest (non-urgent accounts) I'd sync every 30 minutes or hour. I don't know how the Pre's e-mail is set up, but it's worth a shot to see if you can configure some of your accounts to poll periodically, and then see if the menu options are available.

Please let us know if you figure it out...
    Only one of my acc'ts is set to PUSH ("as it comes"). The others I don't need (want) PUSH mail, so they are set to 1 hour or more (up to 6 hours), depending on the needs for the acc'ts.

My main e-mail program on my Centro (I think the program was VersaMail?) limited the user to a similar number of acc'ts. I used Agendus Mail for my other acc'ts. (I didn't put all the acc'ts I had on my Centro on my Pre, as I need to decrease and some of them just don't get any mail anymore. But, it wouldn't have let me put them on there anyway, LOL!)

So, anyway, I'm talking about the number of e-mail acc'ts Pre lets you have period, no matter how you have them set to sync.