Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Is there any way to do a manual hard reset, like when you used to hold the center button while restarting a Treo? I did try that and nothing happened.
    You're supposed to be able to do a "Full Erase" via the Palm support website once you've created your Palm Profile:

On your computer, go to palm.com/support
    Enter your Palm profile email address and password.
    Click Wipe Device to remotely reset your phone.
    Afterr the full erase, turn on your phone and sign in to your existing Palm profile—do not create a new profile! Any data that has been backed up to your profile, including third-party applications, is restored to your phone. Information from online accounts you synchronize with—such as Google or Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync—is restored to your phone also.
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Cool, thanks! I have gone through the procedure online. We'll see if the phone will accept the SMS message and reset as expected.
    Let us know if it works!
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Sorry, I had to pull the battery out the phone to get it to restart, and then I went to bed since it would restart like 3 or 4 times before getting to the main screen. But I got up this morning and I was back at the Choose Language screen, so it looks like I am at least back to functioning. Thanks again!
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Just an update. I managed to lock the Pre up again, but this time the SMS send did not work. I just came back from a Sprint Store and while they couldn't save it either, the CSR did show me how to do the manual hard reset. While holding the power button, flip the ringer switch back and forth 6 times. Maybe this will help someone.
    Quote Originally Posted by irateb View Post
    While holding the power button, flip the ringer switch back and forth 6 times. Maybe this will help someone.
    I thought that was a *soft* reset? Can anyone confirm?
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Go to device info and it will give you reset options like soft or hard reset.Alot faster reboot than going to website.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Is there a hard reset available? I'm stuck after activation successful, but before the palm profile, and I can't create a palm profile becuase the activation really wasn't successful, so the device isn't on a network.

I'm trying the WebOS Doctor, but it's not having much luck either seeing the phone. I get stuck at the attach phone via cable, and it won't activate the Next button.
    Quote Originally Posted by JammoBlammo View Post
    I thought that was a *soft* reset? Can anyone confirm?
    I thought that this was a soft reset as well. It just reboots the Pre.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." —L. Ron Hubbard
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    My mistake, it is a soft reset. There surely must be a hard reset though, right?
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Ok, this is probably not the most convenient method of a hard reset, but if you do the Volume Up/Power buttons boot and then run the webOS Doctor program, it basically performs a hard reset. Useful if you aren't able to boot up far enough to do the SMS kill or the Device Info hard resets.
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    Ok, so I wanted to reset my Pre to factory defaults (no previous/personal data installed) so I could run Pocket Mirror and have a "fresh install." I did the Full Erase from the Device Info tab but upon restarting, it went to Palm and re-downloaded all my personal stuff which I'd rather be gone so I can start fresh...
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Another method for doing a soft reset is quite like a control-alt-delete... hold down the orange button, sym button, and R key. It'll throw you straight into a soft reset with no confirmation.
    Quote Originally Posted by doctoss View Post
    Go to device info and it will give you reset options like soft or hard reset.Alot faster reboot than going to website.
    This is the best and quickest way to hard reset the Pre other replys here were only soft resets.
    Just had to do a hard reset with sprint

go to phone tyoe in ##786#

scroll down to bottom hit reset

the master subsidy # is 417972
    let phone reboot....to factory preset....nothing will be saved
    Quote Originally Posted by igotflava2 View Post
    Just had to do a hard reset with sprint

go to phone tyoe in ##786#

scroll down to bottom hit reset

the master subsidy # is 417972
    let phone reboot....to factory preset....nothing will be saved
    I believe the master subsidy # is different from phone to phone.
    i really need help... I tried installing the ringtone app, and now my phone keeps saying there are too many cards open. When there are none!! Can someone please tell me how to do a hard reset?
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Are you doing anything specific to cause these lockups?
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanser View Post
    Are you doing anything specific to cause these lockups?
    i don't think so....
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast