Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I have a worse one...

Tried installing PiDaQ, my very first homebrew app on a Palm Pixi I bought off eBay. Installed using WebOS Quick Install. It restarted, went to my home screen for a split second... then restarted again.

It is now stuck in this restart cycle.

Tried removing the battery and replacing - returns to restart cycle.
    Tried the "soft reset" (hold power, flip ringer switch several times) - it shuts it off, but as soon as I power up the phone, it returns to the restart cycle.
    Tried the other reset (hold Option/Symb/Power keys) - no response whatsoever.

As soon as it gets to the home screen, it stays there literally for one second, then restarts again. When on the home screen, phone does not respond to touchscreen or keypad input. Only the desktop and options bar are visible.

HEEEEELP MEEEEEE PLEEEASE!!
    Quote Originally Posted by igotflava2 View Post
    Just had to do a hard reset with sprint

go to phone tyoe in ##786#

scroll down to bottom hit reset

the master subsidy # is 417972
    let phone reboot....to factory preset....nothing will be saved
    Heads up: The subsity is different for every person and it changes once a swap is done..
    lost server servic and new or old profile not working, says I need a provider, just got off a chat with support and they can't help, need to go to a store wich are closed now at 8

;30 eat
    OK kids, here's a challenge for all of you. I dropped my Pre, cracked the screen and now the touchscreen doesn't work. I have to send my old phone back and of course I don't want all of my personal info on there. I've already activated the new phone (not a Palm actually, because they didn't have any Pre's left in stock). What can I do???

Any help greatly appreciated.
    grey+sym+U to put it in usb mode after plugging it in to your PC.

but if you already activated the new one, you might not be able to do that.

you can get the bypass tool from the palm site to 'activate it' for use with no service. Hopefully you can do that without needing to use the touch screen.

the store is supposed to wipe the phone before they do anything else, so they shouldn't have the chance to look at your stuff unless they don't follow their own procedure.
    Quote Originally Posted by irateb View Post
    My mistake, it is a soft reset. There surely must be a hard reset though, right?
    in the device app, you can erase two ways. Apps and data wipes the phone, but doesn't erase the usb storage. Below that is a full erase that wipes out everything so it will be factory fresh.
    Quote Originally Posted by jerodian View Post
    I have a worse one...

Tried installing PiDaQ, my very first homebrew app on a Palm Pixi I bought off eBay. Installed using WebOS Quick Install. It restarted, went to my home screen for a split second... then restarted again.

It is now stuck in this restart cycle.

Tried removing the battery and replacing - returns to restart cycle.
    Tried the "soft reset" (hold power, flip ringer switch several times) - it shuts it off, but as soon as I power up the phone, it returns to the restart cycle.
    Tried the other reset (hold Option/Symb/Power keys) - no response whatsoever.

As soon as it gets to the home screen, it stays there literally for one second, then restarts again. When on the home screen, phone does not respond to touchscreen or keypad input. Only the desktop and options bar are visible.

HEEEEELP MEEEEEE PLEEEASE!!
    you need to go into recovery mode and doctor your phone.

shut off phone and remove battery
    don't plug it in to anything.
    start WOS Doctor on your pc and follow the prompts.
    when it tells you to connect the phone, first hold down the up-volume button and plug in to pc. Keep holding the button, when a battery symbol appears, inster battery while still holding volume button. When you see a big USB symbol, let go and the doctor will see the phone, check charge level of the battery, and the wipe/restore your phone to factory fresh.
    So stupid question - Palm Pre Original - if I get through WebOS Doctor perfectly and it boots to the "Select Language" screen - is EVERYTHING wiped out? I can't get in there to see if it is without signing up.

I seem to now be stuck on the sign in - sign up your email screen and can't get the DR to run again.

Tried -
    orange + sym + R at the same time.
    Remove Battery , wait, reinstall battery

I'm on "Connect Your phone..." in WebOS Dr. - and stuck on "Sign IN - use the email and password you chose when you created your profile" screen on the Pre now.

:-(

I'd like it to go back to the "choose your language" state - if I know for certain all is erased off of the phone.
    Last edited by igirl; 12/29/2010 at 07:53 PM.
    Looks like I found the way out of this - from Step 5 on - on this page -
    ht tp://ws.palm. com/webosdoctor/sorry.htm

5. Remove the battery. See instructions for Palm Pre and Pre Plus or Palm Pixi and Pixi Plus.
    6. While the battery is out, write down your serial number (S/N).
    7. Connect the USB cable to the device. Press and hold the volume up button.
    8. Re-insert the battery.
    9. Release the volume up button when the large USB icon appears. If you see the Palm logo instead, take out the battery and start over with step 7.
    10. Now you're ready to download webOS Doctor.

Now, I didn't/don't have anything critical or overly personal in memory. but I still would like to make sure it's wiped if at all possible.
    How do I get in to check it after running the Dr.?
    OK - I've found a way to get in past the Language Select Screen!
    I discovered that even though my phone was run through the WebOSdoctor - it still actually had all my data on it!

Here's the thing though - Under Launcher - I HAVE NO "Device Info" button with which I could Reset and clear all data...

As an alternative - I mounted it as a drive and have trashed all the contents - and emptied the trash.
    At least that seems to have removed my stuff.
    This is all there is left under Launcher - Messaging, Web, Camera, Photos, Music, Memos, Tasks, Google Maps, Clock, Videos.
    All of these are empty now.

Any other helpful tips from anyone at this point would be great.
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK - $I$ $should$ $be$ $good$ $to$ $go$ $at$ $this$ $point$ - $and$ $be$ $able$ $to$ $give$ $this$ $phone$ $to$ $anyone$ $without$ $risk$ $of$ $my$ $data$ $being$ $seen$. $It$ $should$ $also$, $again$ $AFAIK$, $be$ $completely$ $functional$ $now$ $for$ $someone$ $else$ $to$ $sign$ $up$ $for$ $using$ $again$.

h t t p ://developer.palm.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2051
    Running the Activation-Bypass Tool
    The activation-bypass tool is a Java application. To use the tool, you need to have installed Java and the latest webOS SDK (which includes the Novacom driver).
    Download the activation-bypass tool, which is available here, and save it in the location of your choice.
    Boot your device into recovery mode, as described above.
    Run the activation-bypass tool from the command line by issuing the following command: java -jar devicetool.jar
    The device will reboot. Once the device is booted, it will be in developer mode, and the first use procedure will not be required. The device will be ready to use, subject to the limitations of non-activation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    you need to go into recovery mode and doctor your phone.

shut off phone and remove battery
    don't plug it in to anything.
    start WOS Doctor on your pc and follow the prompts.
    when it tells you to connect the phone, first hold down the up-volume button and plug in to pc. Keep holding the button, when a battery symbol appears, inster battery while still holding volume button. When you see a big USB symbol, let go and the doctor will see the phone, check charge level of the battery, and the wipe/restore your phone to factory fresh.
    This worked perfectly for me! I didn't know the pin so I needed a way to get it to usb mode without logging in and tapping usb mode
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Sorry, I know this is an old thread. My daughter's screen won't respond to anything. The keyboard seems to work but I can't select anything to do a hard reset (hoping that it might magically work after a hard reset)

What should I do? I've tried to Doctor it but it won't work. I wish I hadn't just recently dropped insurance on this dang thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by igotflava2 View Post
    Just had to do a hard reset with sprint

go to phone tyoe in ##786#

scroll down to bottom hit reset

the master subsidy # is 417972
    let phone reboot....to factory preset....nothing will be saved

Thanks so much!!!
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Thanks
    Another trick for at least Pre 3 an Veer:

Hold "volume up" and "power" button and switch back and forth the "ringer off switch"
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Your definitely right there are many many phones the master code is 000000
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    I believe the master subsidy # is different from phone to phone.
    I purchased an att hp veer unlocked phone to use with my tmobile service. It is asking for an internet apn and username/password. Where do i get this info? i purchased it to use for basic services such as calling out and texting. I have no internet service with my carrier. Can anyone help me getting this phone started?
    Hm.. actually the GSM devices need a cellular internet connection to activate. You can try to skip profile activation. But that means you won't have a Palm/HP Profile on the device, i.e. no app catalog apps or backups and so on.

Read here: Bypass Activation [webOS 2.x] | webOS Nation
    Quote Originally Posted by krana1010 View Post
    I purchased an att hp veer unlocked phone to use with my tmobile service. It is asking for an internet apn and username/password. Where do i get this info? i purchased it to use for basic services such as calling out and texting. I have no internet service with my carrier. Can anyone help me getting this phone started?
    APN information should be on t-mobile's support website. Or use your favourite search engine. The exact information may vary according to your region. Maybe this? T-Mobile internet & MMS APN settings | T-Mobile Support

If you had a SIM that did allow internet access, you could use that to set up. It doesn't have to be the SIM you end up using, so you could borrow one from a friend.

I think initial setup does require a mobile internet connection, so if this is denied by the network, you'll be stuck. On the other hand, T-mobile may allow you to connect at some premium rate. I don't know if there is any way to force setup via WiFi. Garfonso would probably know of it if there was. If not, that's a bit of a design oversight, though the designers probably assumed that a smart phone would be mainly associated with mobile networks offering internet access.

As pointed out above, you can setup without a palm profile, but it is very useful for back up and app catalogue access, so I'd say that it's worth borrowing a data SIM or paying a one-off data access charge to get this set up. After that, you can just use WiFi to get all the potential of a smartphone.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234